Problems with Spells that don't get mentioned.

as for the build - i have little to no low-life experience but cannot you just replace Herald of Ash with Purity of Elements and then get all the mana required on gear? it seems pretty easy to do - the damage will go down by a notch or two but the gearing will get SO MUCH EASIER.

note: i wouldnt say that your tree does any unreasonably high mana investment. on the contrary..

"
My point being of this whole mana argument is the efficiency of mana is just bad

it isnt bad. it is a soft-cap on your damage. it is supposed to force you to invest into sustain. mana management and mana multipliers on support gems are there for this very reason.

"
50%+ Mana regen rolls over less damage, youd have to be insane to think that itd be worth it.

it is worth it. without it your shiny gun has no ammo and is worhtless. simple as that. people overextend in real life buying stuff they cannot afford and then blaming everyone but themselves. people seem to do it as well in games.

you want good stuff? pay for it. and be prepared to pay for the upkeep. noone is entitled to 6L spell spam with no effort. your build is all-dps happy bonanza and the sustain is left to 'well, it should be fine. it should because i want it to be fine'
Last edited by sidtherat on Jan 13, 2017 1:26:25 AM
I have everything in std to build OPs build. I'm make a video of hideout spam of that too. End this bs once and for all.
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 13, 2017 1:30:32 AM
"
Completed 1 Challengesidtherat wrote:
as for the build - i have little to no low-life experience but cannot you just replace Herald of Ash with Purity of Elements and then get all the mana required on gear? it seems pretty easy to do - the damage will go down by a notch or two but the gearing will get SO MUCH EASIER.

note: i wouldnt say that your tree does any unreasonably high mana investment. on the contrary..

"
My point being of this whole mana argument is the efficiency of mana is just bad

it isnt bad. it is a soft-cap on your damage. it is supposed to force you to invest into sustain. mana management and mana multipliers on support gems are there for this very reason.
Its not a soft cap on damage. Where are you even getting this ? It has nothing to do with capping your damage at all.

Soft cap on my fucking damage my ass, i could go Grand Spectrum, cast once and have literally 12 times the damage of my current build. I could put my shit on a god damn totem and free cast. Restricting the way mana functions doesnt do anything except restrict build diversity and how spells are played.
"Huh, what's the? I did what!? No I didn't. Oh I did, NO I DIDNT REEEEEEEE" - TD

"Excuse me, youre ruining my forum experience while i post whine threads and spam. Youre literally the most toxic person ever, unacceptable" - GM
"
Completed 12 ChallengesAim_Deep wrote:
I have everything in std to build OPs build. I'm make a video of hideout spam of that too. End this bs once and for all.
Standard Gearing ≠ Temporary League Gearing.

How does that make any sense to compare standard gearing vs the dynamic gearing of temporary leagues rofl.

Spoiler
Anyone can get anything perfect for their slots in standard, it doesnt work that way in temporary leagues. And apparently less regen and no regen mods dont exist either. Apparently you guys cant understand that throwing things on and showing something isnt the same as practical in game application to mapping.
"Huh, what's the? I did what!? No I didn't. Oh I did, NO I DIDNT REEEEEEEE" - TD

"Excuse me, youre ruining my forum experience while i post whine threads and spam. Youre literally the most toxic person ever, unacceptable" - GM
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 13, 2017 1:39:40 AM
there is no 'less mana regen' mod anymore.

and you shouldnt be really saying that temp leagues are difficult to gear while wearing 2 Voids + 6L shavs.. you just shouldnt. not to mention that temp leagues have more gear and cheaper gear than standard.

it is obvious at this point that you want damage with no obligations. and feel free to drop bladefall on the totem. go ahead. no aiming, no leech, and 5link at best. go ahead. if it was so good and easy you would have used it anyway

want to spam a 6link spell? make some effort. melee guys have to hunt for above-avg dps weapon to reach sick damage. casters get the damage for free but have to pay for sustain. is this really that hard concept to grasp?

"
there is no 'less mana regen' mod anymore.

and you shouldnt be really saying that temp leagues are difficult to gear while wearing 2 Voids + 6L shavs.. you just shouldnt. not to mention that temp leagues have more gear and cheaper gear than standard.

it is obvious at this point that you want damage with no obligations. and feel free to drop bladefall on the totem. go ahead. no aiming, no leech, and 5link at best. go ahead. if it was so good and easy you would have used it anyway

want to spam a 6link spell? make some effort. melee guys have to hunt for above-avg dps weapon to reach sick damage. casters get the damage for free but have to pay for sustain. is this really that hard concept to grasp?

It doesnt but now youre removing other builds like MOM, less regen exists for life and ES. You have have enough on those builds for example, but you hit that less regen and suddenly youre no longer sustaining. How to fix that ? Leech. Keep on making assumptions while ignoring the argument. Your soft cap statement is complete bullshit.

Put it on a totem ? Yeah let me fall asleep real quick. Theres a reason why i dont put it on a totem and thats because totems arent fun to play but apparently that concept is beyond you. Im playing a fucking Occultist, throwing it on a totem, speccing regen and running around would be just as easy as face tanking with VP (which you cant even do with this build because bladefalls damage delay allows for plenty of burst to break through VP and kill you).

No reflect from totems, no problems keeping up mana, free cast DPS while i occasionally move out of things. Youre acting like somehow totems are bad, totems are the best way to build if you truly want to optimize things like this, again, theres a reason why everyone throws things on totems like its beta again. Theyre the safest, easiest way to play the game. Why do you think botters do nothing but like Flame totem MF ? ROFL.

"Hunt for a weapon to reach sick damage" You mean use a unique item that are incredibly abundant and not rare whatsoever. You act like i dont play melee when its literally the build i always go back to. Hezmanas, Marohi, Doomsower, Ngamahu's Flame, Kaoms Primacy, Wings of Entropy, Kingmaker, Kitavas, those are all easily obtained. 1H weapons have just as many options. My Max Block SS character does 100k using a soul taker and bringer of rain, thats the whopping cost of 20c for the soul taker and 10c for a bringer of rain, where exactly are you getting this "Melee has to work for damage" thing when theres an abundance of high/mediocre unique melee items readily available, not to mention facebreakers which is 1c and better than all of them.

Thats just a derailing statement to make.

edit - Also, having currency doesnt mean shit if the items you want dont exist. Apparenlty having expensive pieces means i can just magic wand BIS gear for something into existence, if only it were that easy.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 13, 2017 2:24:52 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
Completed 9 Challengeskompaniet wrote:
this one helps too

sorry, but how does Atziri flask help with mana leech?

it doesn't. good point. i must have been confused while posting that.
ofc it is a soft cap on your damage. build has limited capacity (gear slots and passives) while there are defences to cover, damage to get and mobility to assure

if you want to reach sick dps and decide to go low life and dual voids you are limiting yourself elsewhere (in your case mana sustain). your dps is nice no doubt but can you really get it? or you run out of mana frequently.

this is a soft cap. nice tooltip but issues in practice. you can lower your tooltip and get full sustainability but you like tooltip more

few notes. your gear.. you link random mana flask that does not have any quality and weird rolls and you have one empty socket in your helm. was that an ele prolif by any chance? are you really using this flask or is this just the one you had in your stash?

deal with it. ~90mana regen is laughable. you bought yourself a pretty impressive sports car using all your money and now complain that it consumes fuel you can no longer afford.. bad choices or.. dps greed
"
ofc it is a soft cap on your damage. build has limited capacity (gear slots and passives) while there are defences to cover, damage to get and mobility to assure

if you want to reach sick dps and decide to go low life and dual voids you are limiting yourself elsewhere (in your case mana sustain). your dps is nice no doubt but can you really get it? or you run out of mana frequently.

this is a soft cap. nice tooltip but issues in practice. you can lower your tooltip and get full sustainability but you like tooltip more

few notes. your gear.. you link random mana flask that does not have any quality and weird rolls and you have one empty socket in your helm. was that an ele prolif by any chance? are you really using this flask or is this just the one you had in your stash?

deal with it. ~90mana regen is laughable. you bought yourself a pretty impressive sports car using all your money and now complain that it consumes fuel you can no longer afford.. bad choices or.. dps greed
Nah youre literally trolling at this point, low effort trolling at that. There is no soft cap to damage via mana, that statement is the most hilarious bullshit statement ive ever read on these forums as of late.

Its pretty funny how you think that my build is even remotely expensive and "full damage". Youre just discrediting yourself at this point, i dont even have to do it for you. If i was full damage why am i not wearing two Mings and socketing in a poison gem, wearing a sins rebirth, etc ? Here i am with resist gear, a chayulas instead of a crit/crit multi amulet. If i was full damage i wouldnt even be specced into anywhere near as much ES and life as i am. Im not even remotely close to full damage. You dont fucking wear 1 Void Battery, you either wear two or dont wear them at all.

"Are you really using this flask" do you not understand what no regen is ? Guess not because you clearly must not do red maps which affects energy shield, mana and life. Yes, i throw in a mana flask incase i need it. How the fuck does that not make sense to run Surgeons on a CRIT Build with a mana flask with the most amount of uses with an ignite immunity roll ? Do you not play ES builds at all because you need to be wearing an ignite immunity flask. The blue socket is there for a leveled enlightened when i get it, its pure luxury and not needed at all.

Deal with it, you dont know what youre talking about.

Spoiler
and youre still fucking talking about mana when i said my build manages it just fine with the way i currently have it build lmao.

Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 13, 2017 2:56:12 AM
aim deep and sid the rat are correct. op you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info