[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

Ok buddy.

I have a poor little witch without a black cat or wand and abandoned for a while. Lol ... :D

I'll check some more things and then let you know. ;)

Noob here. This is my second character and I'm still learning the ways.
Really amazed of the knowledge you guys have of the passive tree!

To the topic. I notice this.
I have two wands with spell damage and cast speed. Let's say, 10k DPS on sheet.
None of those wands add any kind of elemental damage.

If I swap one of those wands with one with elemental damage, adds 24 to 42 fire damage to spells, even if my sheet DPS is 7/8k my clearing speed is better.
I'm failing to understand why is that.
My level is 63 at the moment.
"
MinDokan wrote:
Noob here. This is my second character and I'm still learning the ways.
Really amazed of the knowledge you guys have of the passive tree!

To the topic. I notice this.
I have two wands with spell damage and cast speed. Let's say, 10k DPS on sheet.
None of those wands add any kind of elemental damage.

If I swap one of those wands with one with elemental damage, adds 24 to 42 fire damage to spells, even if my sheet DPS is 7/8k my clearing speed is better.
I'm failing to understand why is that.
My level is 63 at the moment.

Hey if you link the wands you're comparing I could break it down for you, it's possible it's not better and just "feeling" better as well, but ele damage to spells can add a lot.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hai,

i was looking around for builds and data to learn on the game . as i want to learn as much as possible for the next upcomming race in 3 months.

The base char should be witch but as flexible and possibly offmeta / unique / certain higher efficient as possible.

This thread caught my attention for some lines in the guide that keep it very short yet correct in information .

Im curious mainly , about the gem setup and build choice. for leveling.

I run aswell Firestorm , tried to swap out of it to flameblast but its not as versatile . can be good for a few levels to 1s some yellows . but that doesnt cut it aswell if you want to run as fast as possible.

however , with arcane surge i already noticed from early on that cold snap has its uses in dps aswell.

And this is where my understanding might not be good enough.

Heres a short 40 p , that should eventually turn to more uses.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAGsACAMAADLfsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJy86mpDCPR_xh=

I believe that legendary gem ( for SSF mode ) from act 5 kind of forces you to have freezing pulse in the slots even for leveling there.

Of course , things can change via RNG .

My current endgame goal is probably for flicker on fire , hence the buildpath

As such i picked the bandit bonus with attack / cast speed .

There are 3 things i dont really understand at witch.

1. The power Charges and its value, or criting at all . probably less relevant to crit as firestorm during leveling since the ignite of it , is crap either way.

But i still run it with Ignite proc gem , and i am happy as soon as i get the ignite bonus dmg . that is what makes Firestorm finally kick off strong. But that comes at act 4.

2. Why the aoe node . does it help freezing pulse aswell ? i tested the dmg and its not that great freezing pulse vs firestorm early on . its mainly convience , but arcane surge helps your dps ( if you get it on pulse ) to swap with spells. even in my build it keeps up in dmg.

3. What is the big hype about the +1 gem for fire for example. over lets say compariably + 20 % spell dmg on a wand . i cant really pinpoint the value to compare it , i dont even see many builds going for spell dmg at start ( speedrunners and go for the easy ele resist with some more decisive ele dmg )

Ill either way go multiple times over the 3rd party PoE planer thingy to check for some more concrete numbers without having to ask to much or use to much gametime for it .

Lastly i believe for leveling onslaught might come in handy as soon as you can get it.

Dashes with the reached cast speed nodes and 1 flask are enough to cover most stuff.

Thanks for reading , i hope i can learn here a bit ^^
Hey no problem, that's cool you're looking into racing.

1) Unless you're planning leveling around power charges, you're right, it's pretty much useless to be picking them up.

2) AoE node? Blast Radius? Increases the theoretical amount of mobs that can be hit with Firestorm, and also slightly improves damage.

3) +1 Gem is roughly 8-10~ overall damage increase. Better than any spell damage roll you're gonna find while leveling more than likely.

Onslaught is a very nice support gem, arcane surge too.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 15, 2017, 12:25:09 AM
1M+ dps? This is taking into account that freezing pulse is able to shotgun with 2x fp jewel? Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't fp shotgun nerfed?

Can this build easily take down shaper?
Last edited by cyuansheng on Aug 15, 2017, 6:34:39 AM
"
cyuansheng wrote:
1M+ dps? This is taking into account that freezing pulse is able to shotgun with 2x fp jewel? Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't fp shotgun nerfed?

Low Life can get above 1M single target DPS if you go full glass cannon but I don't think that would work out very well. Don't see how you get to that level of single target in any sustainable fashion particularly as life based.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
cyuansheng wrote:

I'm glad you reminded me about that, it's actual not impossible to get it up to 4M+ DPS but most of the damage is from dual mirror wands carrying the damage.

No I'm not taking into account shotgunning which doesn't exist any longer (RIP).

You can take a look for yourself: https://pastebin.com/iW3hALgV

Is it a viable boss killer? I couldn't say for sure until I get real nice dual wands, but more than likely not, there's not enough defenses imo, but with the damage it's able to deal, it could surprise me.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Aug 15, 2017, 5:51:51 PM
Ok this is only a detail - but its bugging me :)

Iam missing around 650HP to reach the 5.5k - with almost the same gear:

Your setting (120p)
157% inc. max HP from the Tree
414hp directly from gear
77HP from 153str
38% Belly

My setting (111p)
161% inc. max HP from the Tree (did spec a few points in a other node)
400hp directly from gear
82HP from 164str
37% Belly
4857HP - so almost 650 away from 5.5k
This is my tree atm Tree

Any Idea what can cause this difference ?
Last edited by ondoki on Aug 15, 2017, 11:11:46 AM
what about vertex at life build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info