Helm enchants

"
The_Risen wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
This system is not meant to be reasonable. Builds shouldn't depend on enchants. If you want a specific enchant, trade for it. It isn't (and shouldn't be) balanced around self-found players.

Ahh... good times when you could enchant 40% reduced storm call duration, i had one of those in prophecy and sold for 1ex, now it must be 100.

Also we can never forget TornadoShot +2 sub projectiles or bararge +2 projectiles... they are not "necessary" ofc, just so freaking good that it feels lame to not have them.
=///////

I'm doing a BF build and considering how distant the iAoE nodes are from each other, bf +12% radius is very important also.

They can be really nice buffs for sure, but they are not required for any build to function.
The probability of getting the helmet, gloves or boots enchantment you want is so low it is ridiculous. There is no point in having any enchantments at all. It is a total waste of time to even attempt to try and obtain the particular enchantment you desire for your helmet, gloves, or boots. Please GGG, get rid of enchantments in the game. There is no point in having them.
"
Voteronyiakin wrote:
The probability of getting the helmet, gloves or boots enchantment you want is so low it is ridiculous. There is no point in having any enchantments at all. It is a total waste of time to even attempt to try and obtain the particular enchantment you desire for your helmet, gloves, or boots. Please GGG, get rid of enchantments in the game. There is no point in having them.

Gloves and boots enchant are ok imho, it's helm ones that are too many it's a crazy RNG fest.

If GGG could redo them to more generic ones - although that would create legacy enchants - like (just examples here) "15% increased AoE with melee skills" , "6% less mana reserved" , "20% increased skill duration" etc.; lower numbers but wider utility.
But I doubt we'll ever see a rework...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on May 29, 2017, 5:30:35 AM
Completely agree with OP. The helmet enchant system is terrible.

This league I did a test. Selected 30 helmet enchants by random and checked how many of those existed on poe.trade.

In every single instance there were more hubris circlets with that type of enchant, than on all other types of items combined. The ES meta will change but this core mechanic most likely won't. The chances of having the right enchant on the right type of helmet are slim if the choice of your helmet is not a popular choice to enchant.

So let's for a second assume I want to try out a build that wants to utilize a unique helmet that isn't the most popular thing out there - well tough luck. Your build is now suboptimal because you will most likely not get your hands on the helmet enchant for your build on the unique helmet you wanted to try out.

A popular type of unique helmet / rare helmet with a helmet enchant is almost always better than an unpopular unique choice. This is a real shame. It limits our choices and discourages players from trying out new things - something that's is one the games biggest qualities.

GGG should:

A) Either make enchants a tradeable orb (so you could buy an orb with an enchant imprinted and put on an item of your own choice)

OR

B) Change the labyrinth helmet enchant system into a recipe crafting system, so you would learn one new enchant with each run. This way you could grind the enchants you wanted in time.

If GGG wants to keep the enchants somewhat rare they could just lower the drop chance so you wouldn't get an enchant with each or chance it so you couldn't decide which type of enchant you got with each run (head, gloves, boots).

Personally I prefer option A but I've seen other people prefer option B on the forums from time to time.
I made a thread on this too. The reality is people don't really care. They consider the helm enchant to be icing on the cake, unecessary and not required.

As for your suggestions, I would really prefer B because for SSF, it would be much better. While I'm not in SSF, I think A sounds more like trading repeatedly for the best enchants.

With B, I feel like the more you farm the merc or Uber Lab, the more you're rewarded for it. Lower levelled players can repeatedly run merc lab for a somewhat decent enchant on their helm and try their luck on Uber. Then they can come back to merc lab and fix the enchant issue if they need to. Obviously with B, I am considering the merc lab enchant/Uber lab enchants to be separated for making it more fair so rolling an enchant for 25% and enchant for 40% for the same skill and effect would be two different enchants.

Ultimately, I feel like B is much more rewarding to all players and benefits both SSF and non-SSF by making it much easier to obtain a specified enchant. You could try your luck in begging someone or paying someone with a known reputation to do it for you or just do it on your own. Either way, the option is there.
I agree, helm enchants are awful to obtain. It's been over a year since release and I still haven't obtained a usefull enchant for any build I've played. In most cases, you can't really trade for it either since people always choose a specific set of items to enchant.

So sadly, like the rest of the lab, I run it once and then forget about it. It could have been a nice goal to work towards but it shouldn't take years to obtain something.
Proof that the Labyrinth is a huge bullshit with all content in it.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
it should be based on the character and the skills/gems currently equipped.
That way if I'm
BV - 3 possible
Lightning golem - 2 Possible
Discipline - 1 possible
Shield Charge - 2 possible
Warlords mark - 2 possible
Totem - 2 possible

Without going through the list really carefully there may be a few others that are appropriate but that's already 10+ options. Enough that I will probably have to run multiple times to get the one I want but at least I know that it is likely to happen without getting enchants for other skills that will give me no benefit.
"
WildWombat wrote:
it should be based on the character and the skills/gems currently equipped.
That way if I'm
BV - 3 possible
Lightning golem - 2 Possible
Discipline - 1 possible
Shield Charge - 2 possible
Warlords mark - 2 possible
Totem - 2 possible

Without going through the list really carefully there may be a few others that are appropriate but that's already 10+ options. Enough that I will probably have to run multiple times to get the one I want but at least I know that it is likely to happen without getting enchants for other skills that will give me no benefit.

That doesn't work for one reason. Why would I not unequip all gear except for the skill I wish to use? My stats usually come from rings/amulets/belt.
Just want to keep this alive and on topic while they make freaking 3.0.

V.E.R.Y. URGENT.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info