Helm enchants

"
Zloberik wrote:
I must say, i never ever seen anything so grindy and RNG in any game for the 20 years of gaming. I need a niche enchant for a niche helmet, so i cant trade for it. Not for a few exalts, not for a hundred. And trying to get this ecnhant by yourself is like 1 to 200 chance. I wont bother, its idiotic. System is terrible is what i am saying.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
RNGesus loves you all.
I like how a ton of people say this is optional. It's as optional as leveling your skill gem up or linking your gear, or using skill points. One of the big reasons to keep playing in an ARPG game is to take your character and keep pushing the power of it further. Why would you not want to seek out enchantments?

The enchantment system is one of the most disappointing things about the lab. Instead of being this concept you enter the lab and attempt to get... it just became a market thing. Your not supposed to be able to get the enchant you want from doing enchants... really? I hear that a lot, could be one of the dumbest things I've heard. We can do better then this, and certainly PoE can do better then this.

"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Nothing is happening here. I've said this before but people wanting changes to the helmet enchant system are a minority. I would be very happy if something was done, but I don't see anything happening any time soon.

People treat helm enchants as if they're a supplement. The way I see enchants is gloves: better be useful, boots: maybe useful depending on build, helm: don't even bother unless there's nothing to enchant.

As long as you get into the upper tier of players, you will probably be able to get someone to do helm enchanting for you for a fee.

First of all helmet enchants are not always available to get in a league since there is a
discrepancy the interest between the lab runner (supplier) and the buyer. Even if you are willing to throw a lot of currency after the right helmet with the right enchant.

Suppliers want the highest price for their enchant. So they pick helmets that are popular in the current meta. Last season this was of course ES helmets. Next season this will most likely change but it there will still be items that a more popular to enchant than others. Rat's Nest, Devoto's Devotion or maybe Abyssus would be common and you would be able to get anything you wanted on those helmets.

However - if you want to mix things up and try some a bit outside the meta you cannot get a helmet enchant. Because nobody (or at least very few) runs a lab and enchants a helmet that isn't commonly used.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_helmets
Take a good look at this list. There are plenty of helmets that could be interesting but they have to compete with helmets that are already "better" that on top of that has the possibility of having a helmet enchant.

And honestly some helmet enchants are not that expensive. Less than 1 exalt for some. But even if I wanted to pay 40 exalts for an Obscurantis helmet with a barrage enchant there are none for sale. Because no is selling. Ever. And why would they?

This is not just a question of supply and demand. It's what is called a market failure. The market fails to provide a good or service even though there is some demand for it (all be it very small). So the current system gives players an incentive to avoid trying out new things and sticking to "meta helmets". Not saying that everyone is doing that. I am saying the system is giving is increased incentive to stay away from less commonly used helmets.

And this is a problem. One of the main strengths of Path of Exile is the many possibilities you have available to you when making a character.

That is one of the many reasons why the current system is so bad.

And that is why it should be changed.

+1 : I totally agree with these arguments. The current system goes against diversity. And that's not PoE philosophy.
OK. Return after long time. Have to repeat myself and talk more.

1. Try to buy Deicide mask with 30% reduse Herald of Thunder mana reservation on Legacy. You don't found even one helm, because this combination does not exist. I can't buy this enchant on this base type even I want to buy them.

2. Try to look a base type spread by finding only enchant. 80% (or more) is the fucking Hubris. 5% (or less) is some randon bases that I don't need. Another 5% (or less) is a random unique, but I need non unique helm, because I need stat from essense of Horror craft. All other is: Devoto's Devotion and Abyssus. Nice diversity.

3. I don't wan't to try catch this enchant by myself, because:

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
Perandus, Prophecy, Essence and now Breach. I never got a proper helm enchant for my builds and, you know, in Prophecy the Rat's Nest with +2 secondary tornado shot cost about 10 exa. Wery well.

And this I said more than half year ago. Nothing was changed. I run Uber lab 100+ times and don't get enchant that can be useful for me. For all my builds on Legacy.

And amount of skills will be raised. Already announced 3 new skills, so it's a minimum of 6 new helm enchants, that lower down a chance to obtain any other.

Why GGG don't do anything with that? I have no idea. But I have idea how make this better. With one very important comment.

Spoiler

Also you can see that I suggested that mora than year ago.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info