Helm enchants

Sometimes the enchant is on a piece of gear that no one enchants. There are literally two pieces of gear that are enchanted en masse, hubris or devotos, and sometimes abyssus (depends on the build). If you're not using one of those pieces, you're going to find it real hard to find your enchant.

Also, RNG for RNG's sake is stupid. That's why GGG has shifted away from RNG, and has been giving people much more leeway when it comes to loot acquisition. It is easier than ever before to get loot, obtain loot, get currency, etc. and the population has skyrocketed to the point the servers crashed pretty regularly early in this league. That's not a coincidence at all.
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 26, 2016, 2:37:29 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
Sometimes the enchant is on a piece of gear that no one enchants. There are literally two pieces of gear that are enchanted en masse, hubris or devotos, and sometimes abyssus (depends on the build). If you're not using one of those pieces, you're going to find it real hard to find your enchant.

Also, RNG for RNG's sake is stupid. That's why GGG has shifted away from RNG, and has been giving people much more leeway when it comes to loot acquisition. It is easier than ever before to get loot, obtain loot, get currency, etc. and the population has skyrocketed to the point the servers crashed pretty regularly early in this league. That's not a coincidence at all.
Thats not the players fault though, thats pretty much streamers fault for the "hur hur CI" crap and "oh devotos makes you run fast soo its gud". Its the communities fault for listening to morons making them their bitch boys. Streamers only tell you what is or isnt good to enchant soo its readily available to them. Its just like the scumlord guild that tried to say that enchants were based on which chests you open and effectively turning those gullible fools into their slaves.

GGG hasnt shifted away from RNG at all, they just gave more options. Uber labyrinth was also given the same option of "do i run it as fast as possible" or "do i run it with a prophecy".

The population skyrocketing has nothing to do with how RNG functions, the games population is skyrocketing because Diablo 3 players are tired of Blizzard and theres literally no other options for an ARPG out there next to Grim Dawn which is virtually exclusively single player (they have multiplayer but its like torchlights).

If you think RNG honestly has anything to do with popularity then based on old RNG drop rates the game would have been dead in closed beta. The reason why people play this game and why its popular is far from "loot being easier to get".

edit- and this league is a testament to that. It has the highest numbers even over perandus and perandus fell off with the hugest fall out roughly a month after release.

You have to farm for splinters and after you get 100 you get to do a Domain. After than your damage and build is checked by the timer and boss. The boss doesnt have guaranteed drops either for their items and many of them are great. Ive only gotten one upgrade stone and ive done like 20 domains now (all splinters ive gathered, i dont buy them). Chayula is still extremely rare and many challenges have "RNG" in them. If what you said is true this league shouldve been dead on arrival but thats not the case.

People are playing it for more than just the loot, in fact id go as far as saying most people play it because its a legitimately enjoyable and breach finally brought back some of the games missing difficulty that most players were looking for. As for new players, they have literally years of stuff to delve into, loots probably the last thing they care about.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Dec 26, 2016, 7:24:49 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Thats not the players fault though, thats pretty much streamers fault for the "hur hur CI" crap and "oh devotos makes you run fast soo its gud". Its the communities fault for listening to morons making them their bitch boys. Streamers only tell you what is or isnt good to enchant soo its readily available to them. Its just like the scumlord guild that tried to say that enchants were based on which chests you open and effectively turning those gullible fools into their slaves.

GGG hasnt shifted away from RNG at all, they just gave more options. Uber labyrinth was also given the same option of "do i run it as fast as possible" or "do i run it with a prophecy".

The population skyrocketing has nothing to do with how RNG functions, the games population is skyrocketing because Diablo 3 players are tired of Blizzard and theres literally no other options for an ARPG out there next to Grim Dawn which is virtually exclusively single player (they have multiplayer but its like torchlights).

If you think RNG honestly has anything to do with popularity then based on old RNG drop rates the game would have been dead in closed beta. The reason why people play this game and why its popular is far from "loot being easier to get".

I dont normally leave comments without some meat or additional thought to them, but I think this was a well made post and pretty much covered every point I would have made.

+1
"
allbusiness wrote:

of course its not a coincidence, accessible game with more instant gratification will always appeal to masses more than a game that requires time investment. it's a concept as simple as 2+2=4

the question is why you think its a good thing.
"
Zloberik wrote:
I must say, i never ever seen anything so grindy and RNG in any game for the 20 years of gaming.
what games have you played ?

easiest counter-example in a game closest to poe: Diablo 2 before 1.13, ever try to make a breath of the dying rune word ? how many zod runes dropped for ya ?

most korean mmos will handily beat poe in terms of grind too
"
grepman wrote:
"
Zloberik wrote:
I must say, i never ever seen anything so grindy and RNG in any game for the 20 years of gaming.

easiest counter-example in a game closest to poe: Diablo 2 before 1.13, ever try to make a breath of the dying rune word ? how many zod runes dropped for ya ?

Hes clearly never played Everquest if he thinks this game is grindy.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Zloberik wrote:

Hes clearly never played Everquest if he thinks this game is grindy.

the original everquest probably would make todays gamers cry and never come back to it (provided the guides and videos wouldnt exist, just like they didnt really exist back in 99)

I mean, no fast travel. cutthroat competition with no instancing. players can be killed in hometown. punishing deaths (deleveling)
no handholding, you had to find out which npcs gave out quest. quest markers ? lol, there wasnt even an in-game map until much later.

yeah I dont see modern players liking that game much.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

edit- and this league is a testament to that. It has the highest numbers even over perandus and perandus fell off with the hugest fall out roughly a month after release.

You have to farm for splinters and after you get 100 you get to do a Domain. After than your damage and build is checked by the timer and boss. The boss doesnt have guaranteed drops either for their items and many of them are great. Ive only gotten one upgrade stone and ive done like 20 domains now (all splinters ive gathered, i dont buy them). Chayula is still extremely rare and many challenges have "RNG" in them. If what you said is true this league shouldve been dead on arrival but thats not the case.

People are playing it for more than just the loot, in fact id go as far as saying most people play it because its a legitimately enjoyable and breach finally brought back some of the games missing difficulty that most players were looking for. As for new players, they have literally years of stuff to delve into, loots probably the last thing they care about.

Hubris being the most popular helm base to enchant is because CI is actually the best in the game if you want to complete end game content without having to clinch your butt cheeks every time elemental damage hits you.

Devotos are enchanted because they are utilized in the majority of life based melee/ranged builds, or easily fit into them.

It has nothing to do with 'streamers.'

And yes, the population explosion has alot to do with the game being much more accessible to the general public. Removal of desync, lots of QOL improvements, including the game simply being much easier than it used to be. Some of the ease has to do with GGG (more drops, more currency, more power in general for the player), and some of it has to do with the fact that it doesn't take a fucking lightyear to trade anymore (having to post shop threads and pray someone would buy your god damn Felshrine ruin drops when there was no Act 3).

And although the Breachlords don't have guaranteed drops, the breaches themselves are incredibly and highly rewarding enough where even if you never touched a breachlord it would still be worth doing the breaches simply because of the numerous amount of extra drops you get, especially when you spawn one with good pack size. There's a reason why GGG had to nerf map drop rates from the Breaches.
Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 27, 2016, 3:19:26 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Zloberik wrote:

This is a perfect example, and one I bring up every time people start complaining about drop rates, or there not being enough explanation in game... Diablo 2. How many of you have ever seen a Tyrael's Might? Yeah, didn't think so. Same for how mechanics work. There isn't any explanation IN game in D2, but for some reason kids these days think everything should be laid out for them in the game.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
This system is not meant to be reasonable. Builds shouldn't depend on enchants. If you want a specific enchant, trade for it. It isn't (and shouldn't be) balanced around self-found players.

Ahh... good times when you could enchant 40% reduced storm call duration, i had one of those in prophecy and sold for 1ex, now it must be 100.

Also we can never forget TornadoShot +2 sub projectiles or bararge +2 projectiles... they are not "necessary" ofc, just so freaking good that it feels lame to not have them.
=///////

I'm doing a BF build and considering how distant the iAoE nodes are from each other, bf +12% radius is very important also.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Jan 2, 2017, 1:40:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info