[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

"
@andy007
Let me know how it works out. All Feedback helps improving the guide and building the FAQ and leveling saektion :)

hey,
im level 72. just finished merc lab with 3.3k life... pretty much easy. Now, im thinking about bleed ascendancy instead Violent retaliation. So far, I have got nice 2x dmg over time jewels with block and life, what do you think? i saw that you already have those 2 points, is it better with 25% chance to bleed? Viodheart ring could be nice to use. you can check my gear char/Cayox
@andy007

I was unsure abhout that but now i think that Violent Retaliation is really good. We get Attackspeed and 2% Block on the way there and the Proc itself gives alot of damage in Breaches and Bossfights.

You allways have the 80% in Boss fights and get up to 40 Stacks which is 320% inc. Phys Damage.
Thats amazing for the Spells.

i can´t say anything about your Gear as your Char Tab is not public.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
for the 6th socket in the chest,Controlled Destruction or adding a third spell like bladefall/ek.
which will be better? what do you think?
Last edited by bonvoyage2015 on Dec 20, 2016, 5:40:49 PM
Adding another Spell is bad. very bad. They share the trigger time, it will just cast the same ammount of Spells but split between the 2.

If you want more than 1 Spell you need Cast on Crit, with CoC each Spell has its own cooldown.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Dec 20, 2016, 9:12:21 PM
Have u compared a delerium sai with attack speed with the other options? I would like to know in case i use a delrium and it does not roll added chaos damage. Also would controlled destruction also scale your chaos and poison damge by scaling the spell damage?
@StarMasterMaster

I did not test that specific combination but i tested a Breachlord with Advancing Fortress, which has no Phys Damage, no CHaos Damage and no Decay and it worked. I´ll do Video about it to show that the weapon isn´t all that important in the overall picture.

CD will only scale the spell. It does not Double dip on Poison and does not scale the Spell.

For a Rare Chest or 5 Link Cospris Will the Link is a pretty clear choice, in a 6Link Cospri i use inc. AoE at the moment and run with Blade Vortex all the time. With inc. AoE its big enough for map clear and i can switch in Conc. Effect/CD for harder Bosses.

Could also run Conc. Effect all the time and switch Blade Fall / Blade Vortex. Its just a matter of what feels better to play for you.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Dec 21, 2016, 8:22:57 AM
Hey!
I followed your guide, like some others, which is something I rarely do. But the idea is just so nice. What do you think about the upcoming nerf to poison double-dipping via blade vortex? Will that break the build? Will you switch completely to Bladefall?
Cheers mate!
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

@meerkatz13

Hope the Guide won´t dissapoint you! :)

Singletarget will be slower. But the Build works just fine for everything up to Guardians with Bladefall so won´t change much.

I also allready did several Chimeras and Hydras which are both immune to Poison anyway, you can see parts of Chimera fights in the Guide Video.

Shaper and Uber Ziri both have so many unblockable Attacks and One Shots that this build would never be very good at doing them,there are builds that do this content much better.

This build is still really good for every normal map and boss and obviously also Breachlords.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
@ZweihundertMorder,

Hello, thks for this great build ! :)

I like the concept to play and optimise with non "usual" stuff (at least for me ^^). I was a great fan of your thread with CoC cyclone, where i learned many things. I made 2 caracters based on your explanations.

So i am glad to see you again testing with succes a tanky carac, who seems to be very good, even on clear speed ! For sure i will give it a try. :p

I just need to take a decision on which weapon i should aiming for. Add chaos + decay seems to be veryyyyyyy hard to find, and it's out of my purse to try to craft one. So to be realistic, i have to made a choice on the other option of combination : speed/chaos/spell/dot/decay ...

It can be frustrating, but it's often the best part of a build, when you have to think about it, made decision about pros and cons etc... :D

So once again, thks for all the effort you put on your topic (the breachlord comparaison was very interesting!) :)

EDIT : Why no vaal pact ?
Last edited by gregoyre on Dec 21, 2016, 4:54:27 PM
@gregoyre

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the Tanky Twirl so much and learnd about the game from it!

From your Edit i think that you will learn quite alot from following this Guide ;)

This Build does not leech at all, the ES comes back from the on block efect of Aegis Aurora.

The only source of life leech that we have is the Atziri flask and we don´t need VP for that.

We want the Life regeneration to counter Chaos Damage and other DoTs.

Updates:

I did a quick Video about the 2.5.1 fixes to Blade Vortex Poison Damage and added it to the video section of the guide.

I also give some conclusions about the build as i think that there won´t be any big changes to its current form.

I´ll update everything to that state in the guide during the next days.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info