[2.6] Toxic Aegis - CwC Chaos Flurry Gladiator

"
sirs wrote:
Thats a nice build, wonder if would be possible to change armour to Cospri Will and swap poison to Controlled Destruction gem ?

To quote myself from the opening Post:

"
A Unique Option would be Cospris Will.

It lets us Poison without the Gemlink, enables a 2nd curse, has high Evasion and Chaos Res.
The downside is that it has no Liferoll.

Another answer to that question is here

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
The build is pretty good but I feel like the poison damage doesn't really amount to anything. The tree is also really spread out so there aren't many to spare for any damage nodes.
Poison does not do much on Trash Mobs, it really only come into play on Bosses / Rares.

It also does not feel like mcuh while leveling but with the Duration and DoT nodes on the Tree you will feel it for sure.

In other news i managed to sell off my GG Dagger and used that Cash to get a Cospris!

Current Gear looks like this now:

Spoiler

Please also note the Changes i made to the Gem Setups, i switch around the Gems a bit to make Space for a Vaal Hast + inc. Duration. Due to Cospri i also changed the Culling Strike on Reckoning to Enfeeble.

With the new Belt i lost less than 200 hp compared to a Rare Chest and got a Enfeeble Curse which should more than make up for the lost HP.

I´ll test this a bit and then update the opening post with information about the Cospri Setup.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
I'm playing a maxblock Gladiator myself on BHC, focused on bleed/poison scaling using double-curse Temp Chains+Vuln, but I'm not so sure about your approach... I think going for a high phys weapon (~300+ dps rare 1h sword is easy to get) and then multiplying your Blade Flurry damage with Melee Phys/Melee Damage on Full Life/Added Chaos/Void Manipulation/Conc Effect (in a 6L) can easily reach up around 5k tooltip, or closer to 8k with flasks active, which also gives you a lot of additional double-dip damage on your poison (65% poison chance with perfect Voidheart and Dirty Techniques). Obviously a component of my damage is the physical, and if you're deliberately trying to make a meme "all chaos" build, then I understand, and that's your prerogative, but a similar chaos/DoT-centric build can be achieved by scaling a high 1h phys weapon as well to probably better results and faster kills.

My gear setup:
Spoiler

Last edited by Greymane2k on Dec 19, 2016, 7:38:03 PM
@Greymane2k

Its not a "meme all Chaos Build" its a Cast while Channelin Build.

If you want to do a pure attack build using Melee Phys and MDoFL is ofc better.

I only scale Chaos because that way i can scale Spell + Attack.

There are lots of Guides for normal Phys Attack Block Builds, this one is for a Cast While Channeling version.

I also do think that my damage is pretty good and from the reactions to the Videos and Guide i think i am not alone with that.

Btw: My BladeVortex gets to 15-17 stack currently on singletarget, thats a 450% more Multi for added Chaos and Decay (and some ppl say even Poison but i doubt that this multiplier double dips)

Cast while chaneling itself is also a 10% more that fully double dips.

Edit:

I just tried a Uber Atziri. I honestly wasn´t expecting to get far.. but i got the Vaals Down without any Problem, 1 Death at Trio. Kill order did not work out as planned but it was ok, i guess i could also manage to do that deathless.

Atziri herself also wasn´t a Problem and Healphase adds could be killed fast enough. But because i am a noob and forgot to bring Vaal Lightning Trap the Splits were pretty rough and i could not finish the set.

But i think its doable with VLT and maybe some more DPS from better Jewels.

I am really suprised i really just wanted to show myself that its not possible but now i think it might be.

Btw: Vaal Haste is godlike for Damage, use it.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Dec 19, 2016, 10:58:17 PM
Might have missed it, but what are your thoughts on using bino?
"
lord9898 wrote:
Might have missed it, but what are your thoughts on using bino?

Binos could be used if you allready have one.
Otherwise it won´t be better than a Malicious Gemini and isn´t worth its price. The Attack speed is also really pretty low and the Implicit Mod isn´t as usefull as Gemini or Sai.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Just to get it right....

The flat chaos dmg on the Claw / Dagger is only boosting our damage with Bladeflurry. It has no effect on bladefall / bladevortex, right ?
How much of the total damage is coming from bladeflurry - and how much is coming from bladevortex /bladefall?

The LEO mod "Damage over Time" is boosting both FLurry + Vortex/Bladefall, right ?

Was thinking about Bino's as well in addition to Mings Heart, as we already have a good amount of inc. phys dmg on the tree. The downside is quite high tough (- Life / - ES), but the DMG boost is quite nice.
Flat Chaos is only for the Flurry.

I did also wanted to know how mcuh damage comes from the Flurry and the Spell and i tested this by doing a Breach with just Flurry without the Spell linked. After doing that i´d say that its about 60/50 for Aoe, on Single target the Spell does alot more, especialy with Blade Vortex.

I really would not use Mings as we suffer from both penaltys and it makes us alot more vulnerable to the most dangerous thing for this build, one shots.

I mean there is no harm in trying it, so go ahead i just won´t put it in the guide.

Same for Binos. Its a ok weapon but not worth to mention in the Guide imho.

Another good Weapon option could be a Woe Crafted Gemini Claw for Spell Damage + Flat Chaos or just a rolled Sai with Spell + Flat + crafted DoT which could still be cheaper then a Decay + Flat.

While testing stuff yesterday i also tested a Advancing Fortress as it was suggested from someone and it did better than expected so ye i don´t think the Weapon matters all that much as long as it has at least decent attackspeed.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Greymane2k wrote:
I'm playing a maxblock Gladiator myself on BHC, focused on bleed/poison scaling using double-curse Temp Chains+Vuln, but I'm not so sure about your approach... I think going for a high phys weapon (~300+ dps rare 1h sword is easy to get) and then multiplying your Blade Flurry damage with Melee Phys/Melee Damage on Full Life/Added Chaos/Void Manipulation/Conc Effect (in a 6L) can easily reach up around 5k tooltip, or closer to 8k with flasks active, which also gives you a lot of additional double-dip damage on your poison (65% poison chance with perfect Voidheart and Dirty Techniques). Obviously a component of my damage is the physical, and if you're deliberately trying to make a meme "all chaos" build, then I understand, and that's your prerogative, but a similar chaos/DoT-centric build can be achieved by scaling a high 1h phys weapon as well to probably better results and faster kills.

My gear setup:
Spoiler

nvm.
Last edited by Silkana on Dec 20, 2016, 3:28:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info