3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

Hello all, I'm trying the build out myself (long-time fan of ST).

How do you think the Choir of the Storm amulet would work with this build? I'd hate to miss out on the damage rolls and multi on an amulet, but it's still a thought.
Is this build Stronger than the dreamfeather st builds out there? Cause the eeopon is insane cheap (dreamf.)

And wouldnt be snakebite gloves BiS for this build? I mean frenzy give 16% ats and poison for free
Bayern des samma mia
Last edited by Bayerius on Jan 1, 2017, 12:44:00 AM
"
Is this build Stronger than the dreamfeather st builds out there? Cause the eeopon is insane cheap (dreamf.)

And wouldnt be snakebite gloves BiS for this build? I mean frenzy give 16% ats and poison for free

We are not stacking either phys or chaos damage, so no. Poison will do nearly 0 damage (so low that you won't even notice it most of the time. And we already have 100% accuracy, so the only thing you will get from snakebites compared to nice rare gripped gloves is a little bit of attack speed, and you will lose: a lot of resists, some hp, some proj damage, and your frenzy charge duration will be twice shorter. So yeah, they are pretty terrible for this build. And about dreamfeather, I played with dreamfeather BF for the most part of the league, and managed to beat all content except uber atziri and shaper with pretty damn min maxed gear. Dreamfeather is a damn nice weapon, but it just can't achieve the nice rare foil level of dps. No matter how hard you try. I rolled this ST build like a week ago and already beat shaper easily on my first try with 5.5k hp,no 20 lvl gems, no enchants, and only lvl 88. Couldn't kill him with dreamfeather for 3 weeks.
"
VoltaireG wrote:
"
BurningChaos wrote:

"
25.5% with the crit chance gem? you must have skipped all crit on the passive tree? You should easily get 40-45 crit without power charges.

yeah i have the crit gem in, "main hand crit chance" still only about 26%, does the base crit on my sword (7.37%) make that much of a difference? Can't figure it out.

I'm having the same problem as you. I know there's some pieces I can upgrade and gems to level up but my damage is only about 10k in HO. Any advice is appreciated.

I am 90% sure the other guy was checking his "default attack" crit chance, about your dps, just try to get wed and flat lightning on most or all jewellery pieces and get your main gems (wrath/added light) to lvl 20, then you should easily get 20-25k dps i think.

"
Hey netmos, and big thanks for the guide, been playing for some time but never tried spectral throw, but this guide gave me the spark for it, and im in love <3

verano and voltaire, you both have low crit chance on the weapon, and thats where it scales from, all the increases you get frorm passives and other stuff, get ones with atleast +6.5.
And i would suggest to forget other damage types on some items, especially on weapons if ur on budget, even if it shows better dps, penetration for other resistances is only 6, and for lightning its around 52, + some increases from passives boost only lightning damage.

Oh, and are you sure you guys are checking spectral throw crit chance? Not the normal attack crith chance that is automatically in selected first in character screen. That crit chance with these passives just doesnt sound right :/

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it!
Yeah after some thinking i also figured that the other guys with the low crit chance very likely were checking the default attack crit chance :P

"
Hello all, I'm trying the build out myself (long-time fan of ST).

How do you think the Choir of the Storm amulet would work with this build? I'd hate to miss out on the damage rolls and multi on an amulet, but it's still a thought.

Decent option, with complete gg gear pretty surely the highest dps you can get from ammu, but costs you a lot of ressits which are kinda hard to get since we dont get much from rings (considering you want high life, wed and flat light, hard to get that with high resists). Also a shame to get no life on the ammu. Its definitely an okay option but i prefere a rare one personally.
Hello after seeing this build, i spent like 40 regrets to respec into this build and ive tried to get the exact same items as you and currently using 6 link belly of the beast but somehow my damage is so shitty tooltip dps in hideout with both aura on is only 16k. Can you pls take a look at my level 90 raider please and check if im missing out something thanks.
Hey there, decided to spec into this build to try it out, but I'm lacking a significant amount of damage. Currently at 40k with frenzies up. I know I can improve my belt and diamond ring once I swap to a Belly, but that'll be maybe 5k dps at most. Any suggestions on what to do?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StretchyPants/characters (character is Submersed)
"
Hey there, decided to spec into this build to try it out, but I'm lacking a significant amount of damage. Currently at 40k with frenzies up. I know I can improve my belt and diamond ring once I swap to a Belly, but that'll be maybe 5k dps at most. Any suggestions on what to do?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StretchyPants/characters (character is Submersed)

You are missing a couple jewel sockets, you are not using lycosidea since you are in standard (thats like 20-30% less dps), rest is small stuff like quality on some gems, more crit multi on weapon, more base crit on weapon and maybe stuff like 21 wrath/added lightning. Rest looks fine, definitely try to get some accuracy, your chance to hit must be something like 70-80%. Or make a char in BHC and play it for 10 levels or so to make the money to buy a lycosidea and rip it to standard, its only 1c or so.

"
Hello after seeing this build, i spent like 40 regrets to respec into this build and ive tried to get the exact same items as you and currently using 6 link belly of the beast but somehow my damage is so shitty tooltip dps in hideout with both aura on is only 16k. Can you pls take a look at my level 90 raider please and check if im missing out something thanks.

Gear is pretty nice, nearly all of the lacking dmg comes from the use of low level added lightning and wrath. We scale pretty much only the damage these 2 gems provide, and its a LOT lower at lvl 15 than at lvl 20 or 21. Just keep playing and watch your dmg grow :)
cleared the content with this build. thanks for this !
rushing through every map.

5k hp
37k dps in hideout.

Now i need to start a new char :)
"
pitrek46 wrote:
Get better foil, make an uber lab, buy jewels and a decent second ring, get 20/20 gems, and helm enchant, i have now 44k on GMP with 20 lvl gems and lightning golem up, pretty amazing and it gonna grow to 50k soon.
Thanks! Which of the rings do you think is the weakest?
"
tainium wrote:
"
pitrek46 wrote:
Get better foil, make an uber lab, buy jewels and a decent second ring, get 20/20 gems, and helm enchant, i have now 44k on GMP with 20 lvl gems and lightning golem up, pretty amazing and it gonna grow to 50k soon.
Thanks! Which of the rings do you think is the weakest?

they are both rly rly good, propably the coral one since master crafted flat dmg would be better than the flat roll it has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info