3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

"
Can you tell me what i should upgrade next?

also, did u change ur gems build ? i see double wrath, double orb and u no longer run warlord mark?

Get flat lightning and wed on both rings, get a leather belt with high life and wed if possible, and then you should upgrade to a 30% crit multi implicit foil with higher speed and base crit. Dont get confused by your tooltip dps when switching weapon to much or look for ele dps to much -- fire and cold dmg is nice to have but what you really care about is ligthning dmg, due to penetration its a lot more important than the tooltip shows.

Also yeah, i changed some gems around since i decided to drop charisma for easier mana management, you could also run cwdt ic or cwdt warlords in the boots, this is kinda a testing setup, i just forgot to change the sockets in the weapon so it showed some gems 2 times and some not at all, its fixed to my current setup now, thanks.
Only got a 5 Link armor so this is maybe false.

ive got 31k dps in HO atm.

41,8% Crit Chance
371 Multi

When i switch change Crit Support gem for Elemental Focus support, my damage Jumps up to 37k. And the gem is only lvl 9.
Imagine to switch Lightning Penetration for Faster Attack Support (well you need 2 Armor for Bossfights). The Damage should be insane.

Currently downed all guardians shaper still living to date, looking for level 93 for another jewel before i attempt him. All guardians except Phoenix is pretty much facetank.

ATLAS for proof
Spoiler

Stats and etc of my character:

6L GMP in Hideout
Spoiler

6L SP in Hideout
Spoiler

DEFENCE in Hideout
Spoiler

SKILLTREE
Spoiler

GEAR at the moment
Spoiler

Any questions just post them.

Last edited by adunoo on Jan 2, 2017, 6:55:13 PM
"
adunoo wrote:
Currently downed all guardians shaper still living to date, looking for level 93 for another jewel before i attempt him. All guardians except Phoenix is pretty much facetank.

ATLAS for proof
Spoiler

Stats and etc of my character:

6L GMP in Hideout
Spoiler

6L SP in Hideout
Spoiler

DEFENCE in Hideout
Spoiler

SKILLTREE
Spoiler

GEAR at the moment
Spoiler

Any questions just post them.

Nice but why do you run proj weak and ass mark curse on hit without any "+1 additional curse" source?

"
Only got a 5 Link armor so this is maybe false.

ive got 31k dps in HO atm.

41,8% Crit Chance
371 Multi

When i switch change Crit Support gem for Elemental Focus support, my damage Jumps up to 37k. And the gem is only lvl 9.
Imagine to switch Lightning Penetration for Faster Attack Support (well you need 2 Armor for Bossfights). The Damage should be insane.

First of all, lightning pen will ALLWAYS be better than faster attacks for this build, doesnt matter if boss or trashmob, 37% more dmg (in the worst case) is just better than the attack speed.

About ele focuse vs crit chance... For some bosses (shaper e.g.) this is propably a decent option, vs trash mobs etc you loose the shock, which is a 50% more multiplier on its own so its a lot worse. Also keep in mind that since it gives base crit chance the difference will be smaller when you are at maximum power charges, and the tooltip does also not factor in the use of a diamond flask. Using ele focuse also makes to use of heralds for applieing curses and generating charges a lot worse..

Fully charged my gmp tooltips changes from 93k to ~105k if i switch crit chance to ele focuse. I think if you factor in the diamond flask its about even for normal mobs if you ignore the shock you get with the crit gem. For shaper it would be an okay option to swap it out, its not a hughe boost but definitely an option that is worth considering. Also keep in mind that the crit chance gem gets better the higher your multi is -- i have 439 multi so its better for me compared to you.
sry double post
Last edited by Hejti on Jan 2, 2017, 7:39:30 PM
"
netmos wrote:
"
Can you tell me what i should upgrade next?

also, did u change ur gems build ? i see double wrath, double orb and u no longer run warlord mark?

Get flat lightning and wed on both rings, get a leather belt with high life and wed if possible, and then you should upgrade to a 30% crit multi implicit foil with higher speed and base crit. Dont get confused by your tooltip dps when switching weapon to much or look for ele dps to much -- fire and cold dmg is nice to have but what you really care about is ligthning dmg, due to penetration its a lot more important than the tooltip shows.

Also yeah, i changed some gems around since i decided to drop charisma for easier mana management, you could also run cwdt ic or cwdt warlords in the boots, this is kinda a testing setup, i just forgot to change the sockets in the weapon so it showed some gems 2 times and some not at all, its fixed to my current setup now, thanks.

sry for a noob question but im playing PoE like 5days:

wed = increased elemental damage with weapons?
flat lighting = adds lighting damage to attacks?

and for what ammount i should look for for a budget setup

was it ok to drop lighting pene in arm becouse of 5l or should i drop sth other?
Last edited by Hejti on Jan 2, 2017, 7:41:04 PM
"
Nice but why do you run proj weak and ass mark curse on hit without any "+1 additional curse" source?

I have no idea, looked at it and it seemed weird to me too. Glanced over your setup again.

Empower - Enlighten - Wrath setup so you can run 2x herald?
"
adunoo wrote:
"

I have no idea, looked at it and it seemed weird to me too. Glanced over your setup again.

Empower - Enlighten - Wrath setup so you can run 2x herald?

The gem setup was messed up for a while, i run empower-enlighten-wrath just for the extra levels on wrath for extra dmg, and then run 1 herald, leaves me with like 120+ mana which is plenty. would be a lot better with corrupted +1 level of socketed gems shield and even better with ll 4 gems (expensive)

"
sry for a noob question but im playing PoE like 5days:

wed = increased elemental damage with weapons?
flat lighting = adds lighting damage to attacks?

and for what ammount i should look for for a budget setup

was it ok to drop lighting pene in arm becouse of 5l or should i drop sth other?

WED= Weapon elemental damage
flat lightning = adds x-x lightning damage (to attacks). This works if it specifies "to attacks" or doesnt say anything more specific, but not if it says "adds x-x lightning dmg to spells" since spectral throw is not a spell.

On weapon you want like 1-130 or so lightning dmg, on rings the master crafted (elreon) 1-44 or whatever it is, on ammu the same.

5l setup you can run crit chance or lightning pen, matter of preference, both is fine.
beside this two stats on ring i should look for max HP and some resist for cap?

coils starts at about 2 ex min with just lighting dmg ;p guess gonna need to use my weap for a while
Last edited by Hejti on Jan 2, 2017, 9:08:05 PM
"
beside this two stats on ring i should look for max HP and some resist for cap?

From the point you hit maps onwards your resists should allways be capped. Any changes on gear have to end with your resists being capped. For more upgrades i would like to quote myself " get a leather belt with high life and wed if possible, and then you should upgrade to a 30% crit multi implicit foil with higher speed and base crit. " you could also get gripped gloves with attack speed, a 6l belly and a spectral throw dmg helm enchant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info