[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Chaos rolled this little puppy before leaving for work :D
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Mecielle wrote:
Well, with "Skin of the Loyal" out I don't see the point of using a helmet for the flame golem setup.

If you can afford the ~8ex the jewels will cost you, you can buy a 3B2R1G Skin of the Loyal and a Level 3 Empower for around 80c each. That will result in a Level 25 Flame Golem (if our Flame golem is corrupted to 21)

Also, Skin of the Loyal is definitely end game viable. I am sitting on 7.5k EHP at level 77 with only life and ES nodes left to get. Should come out at about 9k EHP. Sure enough, a 6linked high ES chest with +1 gem level corruption would be MUCH better, but unless you chanced yourself a bunch of Skyforths this league so you can afford it, it wont happen^^

Also, the next upgrade is not that "expensive" compared to ES chests. A "+2 to socketed gems" Skin of the Loyal is sitting at aroun 7-10ex at the moment. And that would be simply insane as that would give us a level 27 Flame Golem with a Level 3 Empower.

I absolutely agree and I had this idea aswell. But I'd really like to go CI and that would simply be impossible with Skin of the Loyal.
"
kahzin wrote:

I absolutely agree and I had this idea aswell. But I'd really like to go CI and that would simply be impossible with Skin of the Loyal.

Break the mold a little... Everyone is always doing CI.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
kahzin wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Well, with "Skin of the Loyal" out I don't see the point of using a helmet for the flame golem setup.

If you can afford the ~8ex the jewels will cost you, you can buy a 3B2R1G Skin of the Loyal and a Level 3 Empower for around 80c each. That will result in a Level 25 Flame Golem (if our Flame golem is corrupted to 21)

Also, Skin of the Loyal is definitely end game viable. I am sitting on 7.5k EHP at level 77 with only life and ES nodes left to get. Should come out at about 9k EHP. Sure enough, a 6linked high ES chest with +1 gem level corruption would be MUCH better, but unless you chanced yourself a bunch of Skyforths this league so you can afford it, it wont happen^^

Also, the next upgrade is not that "expensive" compared to ES chests. A "+2 to socketed gems" Skin of the Loyal is sitting at aroun 7-10ex at the moment. And that would be simply insane as that would give us a level 27 Flame Golem with a Level 3 Empower.

Oh ok. Well, we all now when it comes to survivability CI is the best option. But I simply feel that Flame Golem levels are just too important in this build to give up the +1 gems + Empower set up. It feels everytime my Flame Golem levels my damage doubles :D

But if you absolutely want to go CI, the Helmet option you mentioned would be the best alternative, yes. It would basically be a 6link, just not "fully". You get around 50% of a controlled destruction gem from the essence craft and 50% of a Level 3 Empower from the +2 Minions.

But as, again, the Golem levels are such an insane damage difference, I feel you would only end up with maximum half the damage you would have with the Skin of the Loyal hybrid setup.

Here is my take on this build.

Running tri-curse with max curse effectiveness. Im sitting at 7.4k Life pool with
All curses also have Enhance Support gems to make them stronger
Flammability
-45% fire res
14% chance for Ignited
Enfeeble
46% reduced acc
39% reduced crit chance
28% less damage from mobs
Temp Chains
40% mobs move slower

CWDT
Vortex
Bone offering
Immortal call

Leap slam with faster attacks and fortify

In the end still have enough mana to cast a 5 L golems

Eventually want to get 30% increased effectiveness of one of the curses on my helm

Even though I have less life pool I feel this is much tankier in the long run since you dont even have to try to dodge skills other than chaos damage still (only have done up to tier 10 maps with dual boss) with the 6 link I dont have enough mana yet but only need 40 more mana to recast golems

I can now open a breach and not move at all if i wanted to bc mobs are sooooo slow then dont even get close to me or cant hit me once b4 they die in tier: 9 maps
Last edited by cobraarni on Dec 13, 2016, 8:19:25 PM
"
cobraarni wrote:

Here is my take on this build.

Running tri-curse with max curse effectiveness. Im sitting at 7.4k Life pool with
All curses also have Enhance Support gems to make them stronger
Flammability
-45% fire res
14% chance for Ignited
Enfeeble
46% reduced acc
39% reduced crit chance
28% less damage from mobs
Temp Chains
40% mobs move slower

CWDT
Vortex
Bone offering
Immortal call

Leap slam with faster attacks and fortify

In the end still have enough mana to cast a 5 L golems

Eventually want to get 30% increased effectiveness of one of the curses on my helm

Even though I have less life pool I feel this is much tankier in the long run since you dont even have to try to dodge skills other than chaos damage still (only have done up to tier 10 maps with dual boss) with the 6 link I dont have enough mana yet but only need 40 more mana to recast golems

I would just like to reiterate that minions speed is NOT better than controlled destruction or ele focus. Not even close.

Rest looks fine tho.

I may run a third curse eventually, but it would purely be for damage. I just can't really justify not being able to recast golems since I want to be able to do shaper and you basically constantly have to recast em there :S

Also I don't want to sacrifice a ring for a third curse just yet.
Kk I will try that out
fun build, levelling was a blast leaving srs in the dust as boss's melted in seconds. not sure if i will go ci or hybrid not so fond of hybrid in a temp league.
Great build, lots of fun.

I'd like to try the skin of the loyal and up the level of the golem a bit, but so far (I'm only 84) nothing is a problem and I hardly cast a spell in a map. Being truly lazy, this really suits me.

Quartz flasks are brilliant with the "run around doing stuff all" nature of this build.

I'm using a presence of chayula just because, chaos res is nearly capped now too.

Last edited by Koreapsu on Dec 13, 2016, 8:56:17 PM
Figure I should post here as well, I play a 4-5 golem build but I do it as CI:

Tree:

I am very stubborn though because I don't have any anti-stun item and I've died to a lot of lightning/cold breaches due to it (get hit by those lightning orbs you get stunlocked easily) so I definitely have some QoL improvements to make. I've cleared T14 maps without any issue (haven't gotten T15 yet) and th eonly thing so far that I couldn't complete was uul-netol's breach in time. It might be related more to me not knowing the layout etc.

I currently run a purity of elements which I desperately want to get rid of but haven't been able to just yet. Going to start a new character today and will probably try to do a different take of golems since I have all the jewelry, but CI is definitely viable. I have about 10k ES with 5 golems and can push it to 13k+ easily if I use a shield. With stun immunity and proper flask usage, it's pretty great if you want to map relaxingly without worrying too much about your health

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info