[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Since we're going lazy golem build, I assume the rolls on the Primordial Might aren't overly important? Maybe the life roll?
Can you give video T14-T16 full map?
I've got a pretty nice hybrid chest in the hc temp league, 100 life double res 770 es, was wondering what the damage difference looks like going from a +1 chest with emp 4 / 21/20 flame golem to a not +1 all chest, no empower (I could find a 3 but not a 4) and 21/20 golem.

Also in hc I'm thinking you'd really want enfeeble or temp chains (not both, and probably temp chains) instead of one of the curses, does this change the damage immensely/gem setup? Or is it feasible to fit in a third blasphemy? I imagine you'd have no way to summon back golems then, but for 99% of content having added temp chains would mean they shouldn't die to begin with. (sans something like atziri which is just multiple phase insane aoe dmg spam)

Oh, and any thoughts on stone golems with 1 clayshaper + severed in sleep sword?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHMtEHHg0fDXwN4hFQFScYVhhqGyUc3MAaIvQo-jwtNZI1ufAfOlg64Twoe8NBh4PMRZ1IjklRSbFLrkyzogBN405teA1TUlXGV8lYB1qRXGtKyGh042pqrGvbbAttGQSzwGZ9GH5Zf8aCx5ARiq-D24RIakMWb26qjLGPGo9Gj_qTJ5UumK2a4JuKm6GcMpy-oS9k56XEplcXL6cIpyuofcBUrJi18rc-uJO-T76KRUf60sHFw20I9INf0B_Tj9P718_Yvdlb2mLfiukC6-7sGOyD7IrviO_rHRTw1fJF99f5N_no_gr-j3gvfOVo8lXWgKRvOw==

is a tree mockup I made for what I think would be a nice hardcore variant. Allows for lvl 1 clarity + 3 blasphemy auras with around 80-100 mana remaining for spell use. Dropped some damage nodes I thought weren't that great (spectre wheel) and the dmg + regen from templar area since they have a ton of regen aleady and while 15% dmg is nice it's not 2 points nice.

You'd need to drop a ring for a doedre but that's easily doable and it's only a 30% ms loss if you had an insane crafted ring to begin with. Temp or enfeeble + the two crazy damage auras. I'm valuing ele weak or flam over 40% minion dmg and 8% cast speed. (also gain more hp in the proccess)

Would love to hear your thoughts on all this when you have time!
Last edited by HexingCurse on Dec 11, 2016, 7:23:50 PM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
noneskii wrote:
Nice build!

A couple questions though:

1) How do you deal with stuns?

2) Have you considered having the curses in CoH setup (Ball lightning, Orb of storms or even Arc)? That would free you up to use discipline and purity of elements or some other aura instead. It would involve pressing a key every few seconds though.

3) Have you considered using Animate Guardian (Leer cast, Dying breath, Kaom's Roots, Southbound, Ambu's Charge) for extra damage boost/meatshield?

4) Why no Vaal skills? Surely you could find room for Vaal Discipline or Vaal Haste?

1) I'm hybrid, not CI. Don't really get stunned much and I have capped block.

2) Yes, but that's just too obvious and requires too much work. I made this build lazy on purpose. I wouldn't want to have to cast something every time I come by a pack of mobs. Besides 11k effective HP is fine.

3) Yes but it would die in significant fights where you would want the power boost(shaper/guardians) and would make no difference in mapping.

4) There is room for vaal discipline in the "whatever the fuck you want" 3 link setup. Vaal haste as well + increased duration. I was considered switching to that setup so feel free to do it yourself.

"
jyc128 wrote:

Which primary jewel should i get first?

Primordial Might for the change in golem AI for sure.

Could you please tell me which ascendancy points you took first.

Thanks,
Hi there, loving the idea of this build but if I may ask, how'd you level up to the point where the golems start to take over?
"
Dispelled wrote:
Hi there, loving the idea of this build but if I may ask, how'd you level up to the point where the golems start to take over?

I personally used SRS/Zombie until lvl 41, when you can equip the clayshapers, and still used SRS a bit for single target until lvl 60 or something.
"
pat1441 wrote:
Can you give video T14-T16 full map?

Yep, I just got back from a weekend away but I'll post some full maps.

"
Tokyo_Riot wrote:
Since we're going lazy golem build, I assume the rolls on the Primordial Might aren't overly important? Maybe the life roll?

Correct! We're only using 1 Primordial Might and rolls are mostly irrelevant. You just want the aggro golem AI.

"
Dispelled wrote:

Any typical leveling build will do. Firestorm, SRS, flame totem. Whatever you see fit. Golems take over fairly early on assuming you got the jewels. Like level 50 or so.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 11, 2016, 9:19:02 PM
"
HexingCurse wrote:
I've got a pretty nice hybrid chest in the hc temp league, 100 life double res 770 es, was wondering what the damage difference looks like going from a +1 chest with emp 4 / 21/20 flame golem to a not +1 all chest, no empower (I could find a 3 but not a 4) and 21/20 golem.

Also in hc I'm thinking you'd really want enfeeble or temp chains (not both, and probably temp chains) instead of one of the curses, does this change the damage immensely/gem setup? Or is it feasible to fit in a third blasphemy? I imagine you'd have no way to summon back golems then, but for 99% of content having added temp chains would mean they shouldn't die to begin with. (sans something like atziri which is just multiple phase insane aoe dmg spam)

Oh, and any thoughts on stone golems with 1 clayshaper + severed in sleep sword?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHMtEHHg0fDXwN4hFQFScYVhhqGyUc3MAaIvQo-jwtNZI1ufAfOlg64Twoe8NBh4PMRZ1IjklRSbFLrkyzogBN405teA1TUlXGV8lYB1qRXGtKyGh042pqrGvbbAttGQSzwGZ9GH5Zf8aCx5ARiq-D24RIakMWb26qjLGPGo9Gj_qTJ5UumK2a4JuKm6GcMpy-oS9k56XEplcXL6cIpyuofcBUrJi18rc-uJO-T76KRUf60sHFw20I9INf0B_Tj9P718_Yvdlb2mLfiukC6-7sGOyD7IrviO_rHRTw1fJF99f5N_no_gr-j3gvfOVo8lXWgKRvOw==

is a tree mockup I made for what I think would be a nice hardcore variant. Allows for lvl 1 clarity + 3 blasphemy auras with around 80-100 mana remaining for spell use. Dropped some damage nodes I thought weren't that great (spectre wheel) and the dmg + regen from templar area since they have a ton of regen aleady and while 15% dmg is nice it's not 2 points nice.

You'd need to drop a ring for a doedre but that's easily doable and it's only a 30% ms loss if you had an insane crafted ring to begin with. Temp or enfeeble + the two crazy damage auras. I'm valuing ele weak or flam over 40% minion dmg and 8% cast speed. (also gain more hp in the proccess)

Would love to hear your thoughts on all this when you have time!

Yes you could run a third curse and lose the ability to recast golems easily, but they only ever die in guardian fights and uber atziri/shaper. If I could get a +1 curse amulet, I just might switch over to triple curse (but I would add projectile weakness)

The rest is very sound.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 11, 2016, 9:21:56 PM
Kill time difference for something like minotaur with your setup (+1 chest / 4 emp) vs 6l no +1 chest and a non emp dmg link? That's currently my biggest worry of switching to the build, I'm currently AW farming chayula since I can just gimmick the boss with it dying in 2 seconds, but golems look wonderful since it's so afk and can supposedly do all the endgame bosses as well, even in hc reliably. I just worry the damage won't be there since they'll be missing 5 levels.
Thanks for answering. Next Question(s).

Whats the break point for when to use Empower over elemental focus? Level 3 empower?

Also thoughts on Skin of the Loyal for the +1 gems? Would ES suffer too much?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info