[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

"
Tokyo_Riot wrote:
Thanks for answering. Next Question(s).

Whats the break point for when to use Empower over elemental focus? Level 3 empower?

Also thoughts on Skin of the Loyal for the +1 gems? Would ES suffer too much?

Depending on how much ES you have on the rest of your gear, skin of the loyal is equivalent to around 400-450 ES so it's a fine chest if you can get the right colors.

If you have a +1 chest, you'd want at least level 3 empower/level 21 goelm yea. Otherwise stick to ele focus and put that budget on other gear pieces.

"
HexingCurse wrote:
Kill time difference for something like minotaur with your setup (+1 chest / 4 emp) vs 6l no +1 chest and a non emp dmg link? That's currently my biggest worry of switching to the build, I'm currently AW farming chayula since I can just gimmick the boss with it dying in 2 seconds, but golems look wonderful since it's so afk and can supposedly do all the endgame bosses as well, even in hc reliably. I just worry the damage won't be there since they'll be missing 5 levels.

Vs Chimera there isn't much of a difference in time, he dies relatively quickly. But I do not recommend doing that guardian. If you get hit by the chaos spitters and get crit, bye bye hardcore. Also you have to physically walk into the chimera stealth clouds to find him so its a pain in the ass.

Vs Phoenix you gain significant kill speed with gem levels. It's a drawn out fight. (I'm about to post a video).

Vs Minotaur you're a LOT better off with the extra ES for survivability. He aggros the golems most of the time, but when he hits you, you gotta make sure you survive.

Vs Hydra you basically just run like hell screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and golems eventually kill him. Probably would want the extra survivability here too.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 11, 2016, 11:12:42 PM
did u try using stone golems + 1 cutlass sword? i tried it for a bit, the slam from the golems is actually quite nice aoe dmg and the single target dps is pretty good but the cooldown on the abilities were really bad i felt like.
i didnt play that spec with your version (mass primordial harmonies) though, that might be the kicker.

also the taunt spam will be a rlly good survivability boost

/edit now that i think about it, maybe the attackspeed jewel would also work. 18% ATS increase per jewel means tons of AA -> poison stacks.

also i would play stone golems with melee splash / multistrike i think, so probably rather having ats? your thoughts? im too poor to test it properly :(

/edit 2

maybe chaos golems also work but i dont have a leveled one yet and i dont know how the DPS from chaos golems is .
Last edited by KinGGaiA on Dec 11, 2016, 11:36:13 PM
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
did u try using stone golems + 1 cutlass sword? i tried it for a bit, the slam from the golems is actually quite nice aoe dmg and the single target dps is pretty good but the cooldown on the abilities were really bad i felt like.
i didnt play that spec with your version (mass primordial harmonies) though, that might be the kicker.

also the taunt spam will be a rlly good survivability boost

/edit now that i think about it, maybe the attackspeed jewel would also work. 18% ATS increase per jewel means tons of AA -> poison stacks.

also i would play stone golems with melee splash / multistrike i think, so probably rather having ats? your thoughts? im too poor to test it properly :(

/edit 2

maybe chaos golems also work but i dont have a leveled one yet and i dont know how the DPS from chaos golems is .

Maybe I'm blind but back when I tested all golem types, I didn't notice any difference with multi strike on melee golems even if the tooltip said the attacks repeated.

As for the cast/attack speed jewels, I think we need to as in the mechanical thread to know if it beats out the golem's internal cooldown recovery.

Personally I wouldn't use anything but the flame golems. The only time taunt is needed is with guardians and guardians have a loooooooot of health. So more damage = a lot nicer.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
I'm doing basically the same build but I went with charges (Vics Charity) and 4 golems just to be different. I hope they nerf flame golem damage by 10% or so and buff the others by 30-40%, or more. Need a true all-types build.
"
Tarrnation wrote:
I'm doing basically the same build but I went with charges (Vics Charity) and 4 golems just to be different. I hope they nerf flame golem damage by 10% or so and buff the others by 30-40%, or more. Need a true all-types build.

The other golem types aren't necessarily missing damage as much as they're missing spells/attacks that do well for clearing. They all just feel really clunky compared to flame golems.
Hello,after leveling my slayer in breach i wanted to try a new build.
I checked this one and was wondering.
Are the Golem jewels mandatory? Some of them goes for 2.5-3 exalts on breach.
Look's really fun.
Created this build after watching your video on reddit, before you made this guide. Its a blast to play. Clear speed is insane, and all bosses below t16 just melt easily. Double boss, literally dont even look at the mods anymore on any of my maps, because it just doesnt matter whats on the map. I guess the only kinda scary mod i have faced is vuln + insane damage multipliers on a map, but still very doable, just stay mobile ;p

Few questions tho now that you have a build guide up.

1. Have you tried running Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter combo with this build? Its insanely strong defensively for just 4 points. Since you rarely use your mana, may as well use it for defense. My survivabiliy skyrocketed after investing these 4 points. Doing all maps up to t15 extremely easily with 3.3k hp and ~2k ES protecting mana.

2. How do you handle stuns? For me, it just felt really bad getting stunned so often since you are often running ahead of your golems through packs. My solution for that was getting Unwavering Stance and picking up the HP nodes around there, instead of going to Sanctity. Working out really great, and the build feels much smoother being immune to stuns.

3. How does temp chains cast on damage taken work, when you are running 2 blasphemy auras? Doesnt the 2 blasphemy auras instantly overwrite the temp chains when you get hit? I have a +1 curse neck, so not an issue for me atm, but was considering running a true 3rd curse instead of temp chains. But if i can run 3 auras, and temp chains somehow sticks when i get hit, that would be awesome. Just not sure how that interaction works with casted curses vs blasphemy curses vs cast on damage taken curses.

4. Before you can get to the +4 Empower socket, why wouldnt you use Concentrated Effect over Elemental Focus for a 6th slot? Isnt CE more damage + your golems can still burn?

5. How did you decide on 5 x Primordial Harmonies? Its the same number i ended up having, but its more of a feeling as to whether or not adding that 4th / 5th one is a damage increase to me. Its just so hard to tell if these last 2 Harmonies are doing much vs using those points for other things, or using regular minion speed / damage jewels.

Anyways, awesome build. Lots of fun watching everything melt as I run past literally everything sprinting to boss rooms.
Last edited by NathanLucas2005 on Dec 12, 2016, 5:06:16 AM
This looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the idea.
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
Thanks for the build man, when I came across your reddit post I went ahead and made a low life version of this. Running with another golemancer who is focused on auras while I bring the curses.
It absolutly shits on everything up to guardians, didn't try shaper yet but I am positive it's possible to down him with your little friends.

So thanks again for showing this, if you want to see the low life version check my profile.
Have you tested damage gains on running 4 flame golems + 1 other golem? the jewel says, "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned". wouldnt that mean running 1 extra non flame golem would net you 100% golem damage? which may be better overall since its 100% across 4 flame golems. (gains 400% effective flame golem damage + 1 whatever golem)
IGN TaNequa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info