[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

***Announcement***

I'll be taking a well needed break until 3.0.0 and will not be responding to my build threads until then.

Hope you guys enjoyed the builds.

I'm an avid PvP player, but I do make PvE builds like this one from time to time.

However GGG has been severely ignoring my favorite aspect of this game and I'm completely burnt out.

See you in a few months!

------------

Wew, it's been a while since I have made a build guide!

To be quite honest, I've mostly been doing PvP lately and/or sitting in my hideout not really playing the game. I just had done most of the things I wanted and couldn't find the motivation to map. At least not actively.

When I saw the new golem jewels being announced, my eyes lit up. I could finally work on the lowest maintenance build possible (that had good clear speed. I.E.: No reflect/cws/cwdt tanks).

And so I present the Pentagolem Hellfire build!

Videos

Mini showcase montage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-fX5Upk6Q

Full Phoenix Guardian run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryI5bZrFKKs

More videos to come!
-------

Now there are ways you could optimize this build differently if you're looking for a more active playstyle. Perhaps using spells, different golem types, stacking primordial mights and recasting your golems, etc. If that's the case, this build probably isn't for you.

The core requires the following items;

1x

1x

2x of either of these

I also highly suggest jewelry crafted with essences for minion speed like these:

But they are not necessary to make the build work.

The bulk of your damage comes from blasphemy curses and the gem links so all your items can be rares focusing on purely defense.

Items

The carcass doesn't have any particular effect, it just happens to be the only +1 gems chest I had. This can be replaced by a hybrid chest like one of these:

Gem Links
If you have a +1 gems chest and a level 21 golem;
Summon Flame Golem -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> GMP -> Controlled Destruction -> Empower (level 4)

If you don't have a +1 gems chest;
Summon Flame Golem -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> GMP -> Controlled Destruction -> Elemental Focus

Curse setup;
Flammability -> Elemental Weakness -> Blasphemy -> Enlighten

Movement skill
Less Duration -> Lightning Warp -> Rapid Decay -> Faster Casting

Your win button! (The mid level clarity is a low mana cost aura that activates the free resists/damage from the necro ascendancy)
Flesh Offering -> Increased Duration -> Clarity (mid level)

The super heal block tank setup. DO NOT increase the CWDT gem level past level 9 or you'll trigger stone golems all the time! Also the link colors MUST be RED GREEN BLUE. In that order. No other order. You want Desecrate to drop corpses before bone offering triggers.
CWDT (level 9) -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

The elemental equilibrium setup
Spell Totem -> Arc -> Culling Strike -> Blind/Item Rarity/Item Quantity

The best ascendancy is the Necromancer.

I chose to stack Primordial Harmonies for;
- The life regen to avoid recasting the golems in ele reflect maps.
- Being able to recast the golems faster during hard boss fights like guardians/shaper.
- The faster internal cooldowns of golems.

You can stack Primordial Eminences if you want!

If you wanna stack Mights, go ahead but it kinda goes against the essence of this build which is to do shit as rarely as possible.

Overall the tree is fairly simple. Life, ES, extra curse, curse effect, minion damage. Unfortunately spell damage, ele damage and fire damage do not affect golems unless directly linked to them with gems.

The jewels needed are;
1x Anima Stone
1x Primordial Might (this should make some of your and your limited wallets pretty happy)
1x Primordial Eminence
5x Primordial Harmonies

Bandits:
Normal; Kill all
Cruel; Kill all
Merciless; Kill all

Map Mods
Nothing is off limits! ele reflect, no regen, damage mods, etc, etc.

Obviously there are always annoying mods like ground effects, temp chains and whatnot, but they're still easy to do if you hate your life that badly and don't wanna roll over them.

Conclusion
This is the ultimate lazy build.

Run to boss, drop a totem. Sporadically cast flesh offering to reach the boss faster. That's it.

It's fun, powerful, clears all content (except uber atziri for some reason?! The atziri fight doesn't agree well with golem AI. Normal atziri is easy, but over is meh. Vaals and trio are fine, it's really just the atziri fight. Oh well!)
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 14, 2017, 8:53:07 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2017, 11:09:50 AM
My god that video is amazing.

Is there any particular reason this isn't CI like your "legit summoner" build? Or is it because CI is hard to gear and hybrid is ez?
Last edited by haly on Dec 10, 2016, 7:24:57 PM
HC viable?
Could you create a leveling tree.

Thanks
"
haly wrote:

Is there any particular reason this isn't CI like your "legit summoner" build? Or is it because CI is hard to gear and hybrid is ez?

I just like the ease of use of hybrid. You can go CI if you want, but I think it's overdone at this point. I can get 11k effective HP with dual wield and subpar ES/life gear.

"
Moilanen wrote:
HC viable?

Yes absolutely. Just be careful when doing the guardian fights.

"
jyc128 wrote:

Thanks

Over the years I've consistently avoided doing that. I'd like to know what you get from a leveling tree say from 1-70 if you have the final tree already? Are you interested in the order you should get your nodes?

If so, just get 4 jewel nodes asap to get the golem behavior going. Then get the rest of the tree. Get the extra curse whenever possible.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 10, 2016, 10:40:13 PM
Nice build!

A couple questions though:

1) How do you deal with stuns?

2) Have you considered having the curses in CoH setup (Ball lightning, Orb of storms or even Arc)? That would free you up to use discipline and purity of elements or some other aura instead. It would involve pressing a key every few seconds though.

3) Have you considered using Animate Guardian (Leer cast, Dying breath, Kaom's Roots, Southbound, Ambu's Charge) for extra damage boost/meatshield?

4) Why no Vaal skills? Surely you could find room for Vaal Discipline or Vaal Haste?
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
haly wrote:

I just like the ease of use of hybrid. You can go CI if you want, but I think it's overdone at this point. I can get 11k effective HP with dual wield and subpar ES/life gear.

"
Moilanen wrote:
HC viable?

Yes absolutely. Just be careful when doing the guardian fights.

"
jyc128 wrote:

Thanks

Over the years I've consistently avoided doing that. I'd like to know what you get from a leveling tree say from 1-70 if you have the final tree already? Are you interested in the order you should get your nodes?

If so, just get 4 jewel nodes asap to get the golem behavior going. Then get the rest of the tree. Get the extra curse whenever possible.

Which primary jewel should i get first?
"
noneskii wrote:
Nice build!

A couple questions though:

1) How do you deal with stuns?

2) Have you considered having the curses in CoH setup (Ball lightning, Orb of storms or even Arc)? That would free you up to use discipline and purity of elements or some other aura instead. It would involve pressing a key every few seconds though.

3) Have you considered using Animate Guardian (Leer cast, Dying breath, Kaom's Roots, Southbound, Ambu's Charge) for extra damage boost/meatshield?

4) Why no Vaal skills? Surely you could find room for Vaal Discipline or Vaal Haste?

1) I'm hybrid, not CI. Don't really get stunned much and I have capped block.

2) Yes, but that's just too obvious and requires too much work. I made this build lazy on purpose. I wouldn't want to have to cast something every time I come by a pack of mobs. Besides 11k effective HP is fine.

3) Yes but it would die in significant fights where you would want the power boost(shaper/guardians) and would make no difference in mapping.

4) There is room for vaal discipline in the "whatever the fuck you want" 3 link setup. Vaal haste as well + increased duration. I was considered switching to that setup so feel free to do it yourself.

"
jyc128 wrote:

Which primary jewel should i get first?

Primordial Might for the change in golem AI for sure.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 11, 2016, 8:09:40 AM
Is there any reason why you don't use Fire Penetration in your links?
"
gghydra wrote:
Is there any reason why you don't use Fire Penetration in your links?

Elemental Equilibrium + dual curse reduces enemy resist by over 140. Don't need fire pen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info