[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

what would net your more dmg in your opinion:

+1 chest (potentially +2 with skin of loyal corrupt)

or low life > more auras.

im still sitting on my tabula atm, but i gathered quite some currency by now. i just dont know if i should go for the new +1 chest or low life
"
Created this build after watching your video on reddit, before you made this guide. Its a blast to play. Clear speed is insane, and all bosses below t16 just melt easily. Double boss, literally dont even look at the mods anymore on any of my maps, because it just doesnt matter whats on the map. I guess the only kinda scary mod i have faced is vuln + insane damage multipliers on a map, but still very doable, just stay mobile ;p

Few questions tho now that you have a build guide up.

1. Have you tried running Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter combo with this build? Its insanely strong defensively for just 4 points. Since you rarely use your mana, may as well use it for defense. My survivabiliy skyrocketed after investing these 4 points. Doing all maps up to t15 extremely easily with 3.3k hp and ~2k ES protecting mana.

2. How do you handle stuns? For me, it just felt really bad getting stunned so often since you are often running ahead of your golems through packs. My solution for that was getting Unwavering Stance and picking up the HP nodes around there, instead of going to Sanctity. Working out really great, and the build feels much smoother being immune to stuns.

3. How does temp chains cast on damage taken work, when you are running 2 blasphemy auras? Doesnt the 2 blasphemy auras instantly overwrite the temp chains when you get hit? I have a +1 curse neck, so not an issue for me atm, but was considering running a true 3rd curse instead of temp chains. But if i can run 3 auras, and temp chains somehow sticks when i get hit, that would be awesome. Just not sure how that interaction works with casted curses vs blasphemy curses vs cast on damage taken curses.

4. Before you can get to the +4 Empower socket, why wouldnt you use Concentrated Effect over Elemental Focus for a 6th slot? Isnt CE more damage + your golems can still burn?

5. How did you decide on 5 x Primordial Harmonies? Its the same number i ended up having, but its more of a feeling as to whether or not adding that 4th / 5th one is a damage increase to me. Its just so hard to tell if these last 2 Harmonies are doing much vs using those points for other things, or using regular minion speed / damage jewels.

Anyways, awesome build. Lots of fun watching everything melt as I run past literally everything sprinting to boss rooms.

1. No, I prefer going hybrid.

2. Shouldn't really get stunned much. I haven't had that issue at least. You might just need more health.

3. Temp chains CWDT is to slow down ranged monsters. Those are often the ones who'll chunk you out.

4. If you've seen the videos the damage isn't lacking. CE reduces the AoE and only slows down the mapping. You can swap to it for bosses if you want.

5. I still have to figure out if harmonies are better eminence in terms of raw DPS. I gotta ask in the mechanical thread. I gotta say tho, the extra life regen makes them survive a lot of shit in guardian fights lol
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Are the jewels needed in this build? Because some of them are very expensive in the Breach league.
"
Higuey wrote:
Are the jewels needed in this build? Because some of them are very expensive in the Breach league.

Yes they are mandatory for the build to work properly.

"
KinGGaiA wrote:
what would net your more dmg in your opinion:

+1 chest (potentially +2 with skin of loyal corrupt)

or low life > more auras.

im still sitting on my tabula atm, but i gathered quite some currency by now. i just dont know if i should go for the new +1 chest or low life

If you look at the damage the golem gains per level, it becomes pretty clear the only auras worth using aren't anywhere close in terms of power (haste/anger).

If you get a +1 gems shavs tho...go right ahead with the low life :)
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 12, 2016, 1:17:39 PM
oh wow i didnt know u can check the dmg gain per lvl. where can i check that? couldnt find anything on the wiki / ingame tooltip = (
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
oh wow i didnt know u can check the dmg gain per lvl. where can i check that? couldnt find anything on the wiki / ingame tooltip = (

The damage is at the very bottom of the flame golem wiki page.
I must say I absolutely love this build, great damage, and good survival in breaches with all the block.

Here's where I'm at gear wise in Breach Softcore and I'm wondering what you recommend.

I got lucky and my Flame Golem Gem hit 21 on my first attempt.

I don't have a +1 chest or a +3/+4 empower.

Am I better off just using the 21 Golem in the Echo / Minion Dam / Ele Foc / CD / GMP Setup?

Is it ever worth it to use a 2 or 3 Empower, or are the other gems still better?

Thanks!
"
aari wrote:
I must say I absolutely love this build, great damage, and good survival in breaches with all the block.

Here's where I'm at gear wise in Breach Softcore and I'm wondering what you recommend.

I got lucky and my Flame Golem Gem hit 21 on my first attempt.

I don't have a +1 chest or a +3/+4 empower.

Am I better off just using the 21 Golem in the Echo / Minion Dam / Ele Foc / CD / GMP Setup?

Is it ever worth it to use a 2 or 3 Empower, or are the other gems still better?

Thanks!

In your case stick to ele focus until you can afford a level 4 empower.

Note that it's not necessary to use empower level 4 over ele focus. It's mostly the same damage. It's the +1 chest that makes the whole difference and that may not happen on league. The damage is still amazing with ele focus.
Hi,i'm currently playing this build and loving it so far,i have one question about your ascendancy choice,why do you pick "Beacon of corruption" instead of "Minion damage and life" and "Minion damage chaos resistance".

Thank you
"
Djae wrote:
Hi,i'm currently playing this build and loving it so far,i have one question about your ascendancy choice,why do you pick "Beacon of corruption" instead of "Minion damage and life" and "Minion damage chaos resistance".

Thank you

It's a matter of 15% damage vs the chaos clouds.

I hit up sarn arena for lulz sometimes so chaos clouds are nice. You can get the minion damage/life node if you want instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info