[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
I tried sun helm the 10% int one and i have 320 es helm with the sun helmet i still had like 400 less ES so like idk :/ im siting now at 1155 int

I just had a look at your gear, here's what you should do in order:

1. fix the 3rd curse now first. if you can find a good (above 45 int) +1 curse neck, buy it so you can keep using your iron ring, it's quite decent. If you can't find one, buy an astramentis and a doedre's for the curse.

2. add enfeeble/temp chains setup seen in my chest (remove enhance if you cant get a 6l, its not mandatory, just helps) - so 5 link your chest or buy a slightly better 5 link.

3. now use a 14% black sun crest - above extra defense allows the hit in ES, and yea you will always lose ES when swapping but it makes every int node on the tree better & allows the damage numbers you saw without any offensive curse.

4. this you can do inbetween but, 20% all your relevant gems - conc effect, ele focus, fire pen, cast while channeling, blasphemy, curse on hit, enfeeble, temp chains. rest is ok but those i mentioned are first to go :)
If i want get new amulet i need alot of str get somewhere else without that amulet i have 74 str i need 102 str for 17 lvl fire pene but il try find +1 curse amulet what i can afford
How is your damage doubling when buffed? what buffs are causing that? with my flask and golems it only increases it by around 2k. 5.5k unbuffed, up to 7100
"
jalowery wrote:
How is your damage doubling when buffed? what buffs are causing that? with my flask and golems it only increases it by around 2k. 5.5k unbuffed, up to 7100

my completely unbuffed (no flasks, no golems, no pendulum) is like 8.5k+ already, and since flasks give % modifiers, its benefit is much larger as for you.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
If i want get new amulet i need alot of str get somewhere else without that amulet i have 74 str i need 102 str for 17 lvl fire pene but il try find +1 curse amulet what i can afford

You might have to get a 30 strength node if needed yea, that is fine!

See it like, with astramentis+doedre's, stats won't be an issue but resists might, and with ring+curse neck stats might be an issue but resists are easier.

To fix resists you'd probably need 3 nodes (picking up diamond skin), to fix stats, a single node usually does the trick!
quick question how are you proccing celestial punishment if you use elemental focus?
So I just hit lvl 80, and upgraded my gear. Currently moveing up to get the 2nd curse nodes.

Stats:
1400 INT
9.3k ES
Capped res
4.8k damage (with golem buffs)

I'm starting to really wonder how to get those >8k damage numbers, since I already have 1400 INT, and am nowhere close to that damage. Just checked that every 50 INT gives me about a 300 damage increase, So I'd need over 2k INT to even get close.

Even the OP's screenshot shows him at 5.8k damage (1k more than me), and he has over 100 less INT than I have.

Can anyone help me out here? I know my gems are not yet 20/20, but surely that doesn't make that much of a difference.

21/20 or 20/20 gems most certainly DO make a difference. In many cases that equals a larger more multiplier to your damage. Never underestimate the power of gem levels and quality. You also can get a little more cast speed on your staff, for example which will get you damage.
U MAD?
"
Fritso wrote:
So I just hit lvl 80, and upgraded my gear. Currently moveing up to get the 2nd curse nodes.

Stats:
1400 INT
9.3k ES
Capped res
4.8k damage (with golem buffs)

I'm starting to really wonder how to get those >8k damage numbers, since I already have 1400 INT, and am nowhere close to that damage. Just checked that every 50 INT gives me about a 300 damage increase, So I'd need over 2k INT to even get close.

Even the OP's screenshot shows him at 5.8k damage (1k more than me), and he has over 100 less INT than I have.

Can anyone help me out here? I know my gems are not yet 20/20, but surely that doesn't make that much of a difference.

20/20 gems do make quite the difference (and some of mine are 21/20 or 20/23)

More Int - I have ~1600

Jewels make a good difference too, see mine below:

"
falagar112 wrote:
Fuck it..!

Jewels:

DPS buffed in hideout:

That is with flasks of course.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
21/20 or 20/20 gems most certainly DO make a difference. In many cases that equals a larger more multiplier to your damage. Never underestimate the power of gem levels and quality. You also can get a little more cast speed on your staff, for example which will get you damage.

Cast speed only matters if self casting Icestorm, since proc rate is capped at 0.35 when cast while channeling. Not sure if it affects tooltip on Icestorm, but even when it does, it would be non existing damage.
"
moistsausage wrote:
quick question how are you proccing celestial punishment if you use elemental focus?

You can use a vaal lightning trap like OP - I don't have celestial punishment taken so can't help you beyond that :)

Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 20, 2017, 1:43:33 PM
Thanks Falagar, I followed your tips and just hit 95 today! But right now Im a little bit confused about my next skill tree points, right now this is what it looks like

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RLxFQEZYTNRXXF6QYahmKGoEc3B1PHb4fAiLqKPopTyo4KwosnCy_LR8tqDLRM4c1uTbFOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxRwZMi0yzUEJRdFJTVkhWY1gHWFpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZlRsCG0Zb5535XgvfLt85X_GgpuCx4MJg_eExYV7hq6HZYw2jHaOvo8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5UglwaX9Juhm7WePKEvoi6io6aZpwinK6-bsZC0DLUEuJO-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrEospKytPQH9DQ1AfVptgk2-fcjd9t35jfsOQi6NbrFOvk6-7sGOw470vvfO_r8Yo=?accountName=fallkonalist&characterName=Falllllkonalist

I really don't know if I should grab the 30+ int node on the left called Ancestral Knowledge, or another jewel socket up right (the max mana one).

Do you have another suggestion? Btw I'm using astra + doedre's ring and using the tri-curse setup that you recommended (warlords + enfeeble + temp chains)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by fallkonalist on Jan 20, 2017, 10:03:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info