[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
fallkonalist wrote:
Thanks Falagar, I followed your tips and just hit 95 today! But right now Im a little bit confused about my next skill tree points, right now this is what it looks like

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RLxFQEZYTNRXXF6QYahmKGoEc3B1PHb4fAiLqKPopTyo4KwosnCy_LR8tqDLRM4c1uTbFOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxRwZMi0yzUEJRdFJTVkhWY1gHWFpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZlRsCG0Zb5535XgvfLt85X_GgpuCx4MJg_eExYV7hq6HZYw2jHaOvo8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5UglwaX9Juhm7WePKEvoi6io6aZpwinK6-bsZC0DLUEuJO-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrEospKytPQH9DQ1AfVptgk2-fcjd9t35jfsOQi6NbrFOvk6-7sGOw470vvfO_r8Yo=?accountName=fallkonalist&characterName=Falllllkonalist

I really don't know if I should grab the 30+ int node on the left called Ancestral Knowledge, or another jewel socket up right (the max mana one).

Do you have another suggestion? Btw I'm using astra + doedre's ring and using the tri-curse setup that you recommended (warlords + enfeeble + temp chains)

Thanks in advance!

Hey, nice to hear you're doing well with the build!

I'm not sure if Ancestral Knowledge is worth it, since you are using astramentis, strength is a non issue, so you are taking 3 points for 30 int really.

I think you have 2 options, you can either go direct path to Celestial Punishment if you are playing around with vaal lightning trap (I see one in your gear) - it's a decent route, some damage and 20 more int, and punishment functions as a "more" damage buff. The downside is that you won't pick it up until level 100.

Option 2, and probably the one I would take (since level 100 is a pain) - would pick up the jewel node below the double curse node, not the mana one. I know it is only 4% ele dmg per node, but 4% dmg beats mana that you won't use :D

Hope that helps and good luck :)

edit: you have so many 20/20 gems, you should start to vaal some of the good ones! ;)
Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 20, 2017, 10:34:05 PM
ok i've trying this build for the last 5 days after my life based barrage assasin proved too hard to play for my skillset.. super dps but 6k life is nothing nowdays..

i follow the beta tree with unwavering stance..

first the bad:
actually only one, clear speed is mediocre, especially compared to my previous blazing fast kill em all barrage assasin build.

second the good:
1.ok with 10.3k ES atm this build is pretty durable, i did phoenix and chimera literally without moving at all.. i am lvl88 atm not all my gems are lvl20 and still the damage was just fine.. i died 1 time at phoenix cause i didnt bother to take purity of fire aura or the proper flasks..it was just a test to see what happens.

2.mana cost, cast while channeling makes this thing pretty efficient manawise, i can precast 20sec icestorm before i run out of mana

3.i link scorching ray with CWC- elemental focus - controlled destruction and dont use at all concentrated effect, i loose some damage that i gain back having 2 support gems in my scorching ray.. also i like having all the area in my ice storm.. i dont know if i loose too much dmg from not able to ignite..

overall i am pretty happy, i plan to go back to leveling and try shaper when i reach lvl90.
"
stred_ wrote:
ok i've trying this build for the last 5 days after my life based barrage assasin proved too hard to play for my skillset.. super dps but 6k life is nothing nowdays..

i follow the beta tree with unwavering stance..

first the bad:
actually only one, clear speed is mediocre, especially compared to my previous blazing fast kill em all barrage assasin build.

second the good:
1.ok with 10.3k ES atm this build is pretty durable, i did phoenix and chimera literally without moving at all.. i am lvl88 atm not all my gems are lvl20 and still the damage was just fine.. i died 1 time at phoenix cause i didnt bother to take purity of fire aura or the proper flasks..it was just a test to see what happens.

2.mana cost, cast while channeling makes this thing pretty efficient manawise, i can precast 20sec icestorm before i run out of mana

3.i link scorching ray with CWC- elemental focus - controlled destruction and dont use at all concentrated effect, i loose some damage that i gain back having 2 support gems in my scorching ray.. also i like having all the area in my ice storm.. i dont know if i loose too much dmg from not able to ignite..

overall i am pretty happy, i plan to go back to leveling and try shaper when i reach lvl90.

Never expect super fast clear speed with channeling builds :P
Even self casting icestorm feels clunky because added spell echo animations!

1 - Yea all endgame = take the right flasks/aura. Purity of Fire+Ruby for phoenix/atziri and Purity of Ice+Sapphire for hydra/shaper :)

2 - If you run an enlighten you can even self cast and be fine as long as you leech with warlord's mark.

3 - Don't worry about ignites, if you run celestial punishment, just use a vaal lightning trap to proc it. As for using controlled destruction over conc effect, I guess that is personal, I would run
that instead for map clearing in 2nd weapon slot and just swap to proper dps one for the hard bosses?
I struggle with uul-netol domain(running out of time), any advices?
"
I struggle with uul-netol domain(running out of time), any advices?

swap life leech gem to increased duration. Do the same for chayula domains.
The only thing that's giving me trouble it seems is the ball lightning from esh breaches chain stuns me in place. How do I deal with this because I've died multiple times due to it?
"
AgentChunk wrote:
The only thing that's giving me trouble it seems is the ball lightning from esh breaches chain stuns me in place. How do I deal with this because I've died multiple times due to it?

Why are you getting stunned when the build is stun immune? Do you not have Unwavering Stance?
U MAD?
"
AgentChunk wrote:

Unwavering Stance makes you immune to it.

If you are running without it - you will need a topaz with shock immune to counter the stun
"

Unwavering Stance makes you immune to it.

If you are running without it - you will need a topaz with shock immune to counter the stun

I do use rune a topaz flask with shock immune though. I think the problem is partly due to me not getting Paragon of Calamity yet though since I wasn't able to find all of the trials.

That's my gear, what I can change to make my dps better? I have your dps on level 72 and I'm level 90!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info