[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

Is there another way we can generate endurance charges? Enfeeble would probably be a better aura to run on blasphemy, but the charges generated by WM feed Immortal Call so they can't be dropped entirely
"
Anguskhan82 wrote:
"
GaabrielMS wrote:
I'd just like to add to this build that if you get the + 30 int right next to vaal pact you can get 40 int + 10 dex for 3 points and respec out of catalyze, which gives you 40 int for the same 3 points, just a heads up, a question, on the dps side of things, how would you upgrade this build (without counting flasks), would a firestorm/icestorm CwC setup work in any way ?

If you did you gain 0 int but lose 24% elemental damage as the strength nodes turn into int if you use the jewel.but it does look like the op post has moved on to different build i have killed hydra/minotaur and 4 of the breach boss's not sure this can kill shaper if not i will switch over to the tri curse version of this build as it seems great

that elemental damage only applies to damage dealt by weapons and doesn't help at all. that said, it still makes sense to get it IF you're going down to Unwavering. otherwise he's right, you should take the 30 int node and recover a skill point
Last edited by vinco2050 on Dec 27, 2016, 7:48:08 AM
Alrighty, I hope you all had lovely holidays!
Now that I have some time again.

I did a lot of switches, and respecced quite a bit. You can check the changes on my profile, it is on public.

Respecced out of all ES%, only got CI ones and 3 nodes at witch remaining. Changed the starting pathing around to grab more int.

Grabbed Unwavering Stance - got tired of farming stun enchant, around 20 enchants in without luck, and now that I am 94, a stun death is getting to expensive.

Swapped back to Black Sun Crest, crafted a new int belt, swapped curse setup around, added an enlighten so I can run no regen maps without a mana flask. Swapped out the jade flask (because unwavering) - added a sulphur flask for consecrated ground+dmg on harder bosses.

Did 5/5 breach lords, chayula is a bit of a pain at the start to get the timer up but once you get past the first 30 seconds, it is quite easy. Boss itself is faceroll, CI 100% chaos resist just facerolls it.

Did all guardians, all are "easy", but I'll avoid Hydra from now on I think - he runs around a little to fast to get very good dps/leech uptime, making it scary.

I ditched flammability and elemental weakness - my new setup gave me so much additional int (and lower ES) that I started running pure defensive setup.

CWDT lvl1+ ball lightning lvl 4+curse on hit+enfeeble+temporal chains (triple curse with the +1 neck) - if I manage a 6 link I will add doedre's ring for a 4th curse and add back flammability.

Doing all these changes did the following:
ES went from 10900 to 8600.
INT went from 1150 to 1550.
Tooltip dps in hideout: 10.8k with golems.

---

Endgame:
Only uber atziri and shaper remaining. I'm going to finish leveling to 95 and give them a go, I can't see them being hard. PS- you can do hall of the grandmasters fairly easily.

Gear right now:

Flasks a combination of these, depending fight:

For Uber Atziri:
Remove warlords mark from headpiece, replace with purity of fire.
Bring warding flasks so you can remove reflected curses!

For Shaper:
Get a 2nd black sun crest with a green socket so you can do same as above but with purity of ice.

For both: swap ball lightning with a leveled orb of storms and keep up the curses manually.

Head enchant with this setup:
Temporal Chains effect or another curse effect beat flame golem enchant. In a 6 link with 3 curse setup and a 20/23 temp chains+enhance in 6th link+head enchant, you get the capped 75% slow and it's crazy good!

Any questions, feel free to ask :)
Last edited by falagar112 on Dec 27, 2016, 10:43:52 AM
Hi there,

Well, im playing this build, everything is going fine except for Uul-netol domain.

I struggle a lot with the timer and every try i attempted i failed hard.. I have currently around 1.2k int so damage shouldnt be a problem i guess?

Any tips on this?
IGN - GODcerate
Last edited by troler123 on Dec 27, 2016, 3:18:26 PM
I wonder if Potency Of The Will notable passive ( increasead skill's duration) if it's really worth for this build?

Because atm i'm lvl 86, didn't take it yet and i'm good without that.

By the way do Shaper of Desolation bypass elemental focus drawback?

Have a nice day
Last edited by Elf_97 on Dec 27, 2016, 9:59:47 PM
"
vinco2050 wrote:
Is there another way we can generate endurance charges? Enfeeble would probably be a better aura to run on blasphemy, but the charges generated by WM feed Immortal Call so they can't be dropped entirely

Not really. I have the warlords mark applied by curse on hit and temp chains in blasphemy. Enduring cry is great for some situations, but you will have to stop casting for it.

Edit: Btw thanks for the build Mathoddie ;) Really fun to play!
Last edited by oggimog on Dec 28, 2016, 11:40:51 AM
i'm considering refunding the 3 points to get trickery and picking up charisma below vaal pact to run dual blasphemy (WM+enfeeble). it will sacrifice some dps but the survivability added from dual blasphemy will more than make up for it imo.
Last edited by vinco2050 on Dec 28, 2016, 1:51:02 PM
posted this in the old big tricurse thread, figured I'd put it here too for some input/feedback/thoughts/whatever

--

Been doing my own mix of WI, just here to chime in how I built it on BHC. At it's core its cwc'd and I've opted for the crafting route for 100% stun avoidance instead of pathing to Unwavering. I've probably gone too defensive in my current tree but so far I haven't needed more dmg. I'm especially paranoid about some random volatile blowing me up in hardcore in the clusterfuck that is icestorm+breaches.

So many more upgrades to be found. Pipedream would be a +curse astramentis... but yea gl with that. Did a huge upgrade switch recently so my links and such is slightly messed up but here's my current stuff.

Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 28, 2016, 4:22:42 PM
"
vinco2050 wrote:
i'm considering refunding the 3 points to get trickery and picking up charisma below vaal pact to run dual blasphemy (WM+enfeeble). it will sacrifice some dps but the survivability added from dual blasphemy will more than make up for it imo.

I don't think one aura cluster would make enough freed mana to run an additional curse in blasphemy, that is 130% mana reserved. And no it is not worth ditching AA and/or Disc for that, so I wouldn't bother. You can swap the enfeeble to blasphemy and put the warlords mark on cwdt instead, if you feel that would be better. Heretic's Veil is no option either (no int).

"
troler123 wrote:
Hi there,

Well, im playing this build, everything is going fine except for Uul-netol domain.

I struggle a lot with the timer and every try i attempted i failed hard.. I have currently around 1.2k int so damage shouldnt be a problem i guess?

Any tips on this?

Run leap slam instead of flame dash for this particular one - walls are annoying and can fuck you over royally.

Hard to say where the problem is dps wise as I've had no issues on this particular one, timewise.

Damage is a whole lot more as just your INT, but even your INT isn't that high (my gear i linked above I'm at 1550 int without astramentis) - so I think you've got a fair amount to upgrade still.

Also jewels are important for this build, grab 40%+ dmg jewels for all your spare jewel slots, it makes a huge difference.

What is your tooltip on Icestorm in hideout? (mine is 10.8k with golems out- which is more then enough for anything that the game can throw at you)

edit: if you feel your surviveability is fine, try swapping out life leech and put an increased duration in there - that makes quite a difference, too.
Last edited by falagar112 on Dec 28, 2016, 6:28:11 PM
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:

I don't think one aura cluster would make enough freed mana to run an additional curse in blasphemy, that is 130% mana reserved. And no it is not worth ditching AA and/or Disc for that, so I wouldn't bother. You can swap the enfeeble to blasphemy and put the warlords mark on cwdt instead, if you feel that would be better. Heretic's Veil is no option either (no int).

I actually havent been running AA, hasn't felt necessary yet (t11) (and ultimately ive just been to lazy to recolor a piece of gear)
Last edited by vinco2050 on Dec 28, 2016, 7:56:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info