IS RNG really that BAD?

"
kobrakhan wrote:
how about the point that a player can reach endgame much faster and can sale all the end-game gear to the new- or lesstimespace player? atrizi, breach-lords, shaper-guardians and so on..
just for example, i will reach all that stuff this or next weekend. up to that point i have to buy everything from players with more time up to date.

Seriously, I have trouble understanding your English lol
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
RNG is RNG,people will sometimes get mirror from the first zombie at the start of a league. However if someone says "i play allot but can't make currency" thats them to blame,learn how the market works,and what to farm for effective start.

There is only so much the RNG can do,the other thing is you.

If that person find the mirror at the start of the league or very early stage of the league, he would have purchased all the high end items at first sight and control the market by flipping easily all day long.

Little or no effort is required to farm the items that he want because he could have farm the poe trade (diablo 3's equivalent : Auction House) instead.

Clearly, that is a super unfair advantage for all the players.

I know how the market works and what items to farm so i dun think I need those advice.

What I am trying to say is that dedicated players should be the one to be rewarded FIRST rather than some other players who has plays significantly lesser.

You appear to know much,but it seems you don't know what ARPG games stand for. Dedicated players get big without uber drops,or much time spent.

I wonder what you see as a just reward for you being dedicated,what and how would you like to be rewarded for spending much time with the game. I mean its already obvious that you can't play efficiently but id like to know.
"
kobrakhan wrote:
how about the point that a player can reach endgame much faster and can sale all the end-game gear to the new- or lesstimespace player? atrizi, breach-lords, shaper-guardians and so on..
just for example, i will reach all that stuff this or next weekend. up to that point i have to buy everything from players with more time up to date.

"If that person find the mirror at the start of the league or very early stage of the league, he would have purchased all the high end items at first sight and control the market by flipping easily all day long."

no, no one could pay for the mirror^^ that first hour mirror drop would be death-money until some one or a group gets the money to pay for it.

Really makes me LOL.

I was just using Kasapnica 's quote to illustrate that if someone found a something very valuable at the start of the league, he would have a significant advantage over other more deserving players who have invested significantly more time in this game.

Learn to read and understand the analogy examples please.
YoursTruly, what I read in you posts is that you don't want luck to come into the game at all and that only people playing x hours a day should get exalted, mirrors and disfavours.

But what is x? I can't play more than about 2 hours per day on average (more on weekends, less during the week). So I'd set x to 2,so I can have all the nice items.
You said you played a lot, so probably you would say that x should be 6. But why would that be the correct value for x? Why not 8 or 10, as some streamers do?
But then, how fair would it be that only those having nothing else to do should get all the nice drops?
RNG guarantees that anyone can have a mirror drop, but it also guarantees that on average those playing more get more of them (insert any currency item for mirror - do it with "alchemy" and you'll see that it is true. If you didn't spent them all, you should have a lot more alchs than anyone playing only 1 or 2 hours a day; for the extremely rare currencies and items, you'll need a very long playtime to calculate anything of statistical value).
Go play the game instead of ranting here - the next currency that drops may be your ex.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Kasapnica wrote:
You appear to know much,but it seems you don't know what ARPG games stand for. Dedicated players get big without uber drops,or much time spent.

I agree... within 24h of the new league, the first hc players were already lvl 80 or something...
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
YoursTruly, what I read in you posts is that you don't want luck to come into the game at all and that only people playing x hours a day should get exalted, mirrors and disfavours.

But what is x? I can't play more than about 2 hours per day on average (more on weekends, less during the week). So I'd set x to 2,so I can have all the nice items.
You said you played a lot, so probably you would say that x should be 6. But why would that be the correct value for x? Why not 8 or 10, as some streamers do?
But then, how fair would it be that only those having nothing else to do should get all the nice drops?
RNG guarantees that anyone can have a mirror drop, but it also guarantees that on average those playing more get more of them (insert any currency item for mirror - do it with "alchemy" and you'll see that it is true. If you didn't spent them all, you should have a lot more alchs than anyone playing only 1 or 2 hours a day; for the extremely rare currencies and items, you'll need a very long playtime to calculate anything of statistical value).
Go play the game instead of ranting here - the next currency that drops may be your ex.

Mikrotherion, you clearly have mis-interpreted what I have said.

I did not say I do not want luck to be part of the game so please don't be so accusing.

My intention was to covey a message that dedicated players should be the ones to be rewarded FIRST rather than casual players or someone who has played significantly lesser.

Judging from your challenge completion, I could 100% say that you have played very less compared to the other dedicated players.

It's ok.

Casual players like you would often side with RNG telling other people off that RNG is good or neither good or bad because it benefits them. Because of the fact that they play lesser than dedicated players, they need some perks to benefit them so that they won't feel weak/poor or inferior.

Naturally, they would do that.

Now stop pretending to be a very nice guy telling people what to do with their time please.

People choose what they want to do with their time, including which game to play or whether they want to post any comments in the forums.

So please keep those comments to yourself. And if you really can't play more than 2 hours per day on average, then why are you wasting your time here instead of actually playing the game ??

LOL
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 9, 2016, 8:32:14 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
RNG is RNG,people will sometimes get mirror from the first zombie at the start of a league. However if someone says "i play allot but can't make currency" thats them to blame,learn how the market works,and what to farm for effective start.

There is only so much the RNG can do,the other thing is you.

If that person find the mirror at the start of the league or very early stage of the league, he would have purchased all the high end items at first sight and control the market by flipping easily all day long.

Little or no effort is required to farm the items that he want because he could have farm the poe trade (diablo 3's equivalent : Auction House) instead.

Clearly, that is a super unfair advantage for all the players.

I know how the market works and what items to farm so i dun think I need those advice.

What I am trying to say is that dedicated players should be the one to be rewarded FIRST rather than some other players who has plays significantly lesser.

I wonder what you see as a just reward for you being dedicated,what and how would you like to be rewarded for spending much time with the game. I mean its already obvious that you can't play efficiently but id like to know.

How is it obvious that I cannot play efficiently?

Care to enlighten me?

Maybe you are so good that you can play more efficiently than me?

I only imply that dedicated players should be the more deserving players to get the exalted orbs first rather than some casual players or players with significantly less time played.

It seems that you appear to know much,but it seems you don't even know how to comprehend what other people is trying to say.

It's ok.

Casual players like you would often side with RNG telling other people off that RNG is good or neither good or bad because it benefits them. Because of the fact that they play lesser than dedicated players, they need some perks to benefit them so that they won't feel weak/poor or inferior.

Naturally, they would do that.

Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 9, 2016, 9:02:50 AM
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

FYI challenge completion is very closely linked to the amount of time you have invested into the game.

A higher challenge completion, whether intentionally or unintentionally completed challenges, highly suggested that player has play longer than someone who has significantly lesser challenge completion.

But finding all Waypoints or vaaling jewels for challenges actually takes time away from your time to grind and find stuff. They're different goals.

I found 2 Ex last league in 3 hours in cruel difficutly. Never used them because of time constraints that league, so their value to me was just a nice moment :)
The new player that drops a mirror in twilight strand will just mirror his first sword to go dual wield and maybe never find out what he did ...

For me the formula goes like:
The more things you're happy about, the better your RNG is, because good things happen more often to you ;)
If you grind a lot and trade you can make much much more money from different items, so RNG in the end is better for you, right?
Just because 1 guy got 1 Ex and post it on the internet and 1 other guy gets 1 mirror and 1 guy gets one shav, they are currency-wise (maybe not fun-wise?) still much poorer than the grinder that traded up to get all that stuff for himself.

No offence, happy you found an exalt for yourself this league :D

Edit: Messed up quotes.
Last edited by Antaiseito on Dec 9, 2016, 8:34:01 AM
I don't get you, really.

"I did not say I do not want luck to be part of the game so please don't be so accusing.

My intention was to covey a message that dedicated players should be the ones to be rewarded FIRST rather than casual players or someone who has played significantly lesser."

This boils down to: Luck is fine, but please make sure luck first hits those who play a lot.(i.e. not luck at all).

And yes, as I wrote, I don't play that much atm.; and if you compare your orbs to my orbs, you'll see that you have a lot more of them (or so I would assume), which shows that it is working just as you want it to work.
With very rare stuff, however, outliers such as an exalted drop in A1N seem much more significant than they actually are.
Last league I found my first and only ex at about level 83 in a map. In some previous league I found one in A3N.
And some leagues ago I found an eternal orb in cruel Fellshrine.

All in all, though, a dedicated player will find more exalteds, eternals (well, not any more), mirrors etc. than me. And that is fine. They deserve it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

FYI challenge completion is very closely linked to the amount of time you have invested into the game.

A higher challenge completion, whether intentionally or unintentionally completed challenges, highly suggested that player has play longer than someone who has significantly lesser challenge completion.

But finding all Waypoints or vaaling jewels for challenges actually takes time away from your time to grind and find stuff. They're different goals.

I found 2 Ex last league in 3 hours in cruel difficutly. Never used them because of time constraints that league, so their value to me was just a nice moment :)
The new player that drops a mirror in twilight strand will just mirror his first sword to go dual wield and maybe never find out what he did ...

For me the formula goes like:
The more things you're happy about, the better your RNG is, because good things happen more often to you ;)
If you grind a lot and trade you can make much much more money from different items, so RNG in the end is better for you, right?
Just because 1 guy got 1 Ex and post it on the internet and 1 other guy gets 1 mirror and 1 guy gets one shav, they are currency-wise (maybe not fun-wise?) still much poorer than the grinder that traded up to get all that stuff for himself.

No offence, happy you found an exalt for yourself this league :D

Edit: Messed up quotes.

Yes I agree to a certain extent but you're paying more time by grinding just to get the same level of reward

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info