IS RNG really that BAD?

"
MonkeyMaestro wrote:
this post is completely pointless, if you set up trading, not necessarily even flipping items, just trading away your rares and somewhat valuable uniques and go for some kind of boss farming, the exalts you drop make up only a tiny amount of the currency you generate. The drops are based on luck, what you do with them on the other hand is your prerogative.

This post is not pointless. Its meant to find out who has really bad RNG to the point that he hasn't found any exalt till late level 85/86. So far someone responded and it has serve its purpose.
"
MonkeyMaestro wrote:
Yeah also stop being so aggressive man

Well, read up the earlier post? I only started being aggressive when the other party started being aggressive.

Tit for tat
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Can you prove "RNG is neither good nor bad" ? Can you verify it?

YOU CANNOT.

Thus, it is your OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

Dude, you ARE the one with very serious confusion and more serious problem of reading comprehension.

EDIT: Oh, you seemed to have some serious trouble understanding analogy examples too.

Actually, you already proved it in your first post. Some low level guy got a head hunter belt, you don't even have one single exalt.
So, to the proud owner of the headhunter, RNG has been good.
To you it has been bad.
In sum, it's neither, it's just RNG.

And since RNG rules this game, there is no "reward system" as such. The longer you play, the higher the chance that an exalted drops (and I would assume the majority of exalts drops on maps, because there are more monsters there and all in all you spend more time there - which Ziz (see quote somewhere above) called "spinning the wheel more often".

So in the end you WILL get your rewards by playing longer; this does not prevent RNG (or luck, fate, whatever) to throw the odd Exalted or Mirror at some people who just started playing.

Sometimes all people are a bit slow on the uptake. Calm down, think over the points of the people who equate PoE to a lottery and you'll see they're right.

As for Grinding Gear Games - take a look at the logo. Three gears (cog wheels), grinding against each other. A pun may be intended - and as has been said before, grind long enough, and the gear will follow (you might be more lucky grinding out your gear if you farm divination cards).

Have a nice day.

Bro it should be corrected.

RNG is only good if you have benefit from it without doing any serious grind and RNG is only bad if you have found nothing worthwhile to sell or any exalts despite grinding intensively.

Depending on which side you are on, there is ALWAYS a straight forward answer as to whether RNG is good or bad.

There is no "RNG is neither good nor bad" for every individual.

While I agree that some people are a bit slow on the uptake and they will get their items if they grind long enough but there is still an element of "unfairness" for dedicated players to play FAR longer than the other people who do not grind as much significantly just to achieve the same level of benefits.

It's like paying for more just to achieve the same level of success and its quite demotivating for some people.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

RNG is only good if you have benefit from it without doing any serious grind and RNG is only bad if you have found nothing worthwhile to sell or any exalts despite grinding intensively.

Depending on which side you are on, there is ALWAYS a straight forward answer as to whether RNG is good or bad.

While I agree that some people are a bit slow on the uptake and they will get their items if they grind long enough but there is still an element of "unfairness" for dedicated players to play FAR longer than the other people who do not grind as much significantly just to achieve the same level of benefits.

It's like paying for more just to achieve the same level of success and its quite demotivating for some people.

Then this is not the game for those people. There are plenty of others, go find one that is fairer.
IMO RNG is the ultimate fairness - I'm not barred from finding a great item because I only play 2 hours a day; I could be lucky and find it. However, if you play for longer, you will ultimately find it as well. All fair.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Then this is not the game for those people. There are plenty of others, go find one that is fairer.
IMO RNG is the ultimate fairness - I'm not barred from finding a great item because I only play 2 hours a day; I could be lucky and find it. However, if you play for longer, you will ultimately find it as well. All fair.

No offense but nobody has the right to tell other people whether the game suits him or not.

The player decides it and plays whatever games he wants.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to his/her opinions whether RNG is good or bad.
I've played almost every league from Torment pretty much 2-3 weeks every day. In Torment I found 4 Ex, in Tempest I found 5 on HC (2 of that on the same day), in Talisman I found 2 and since then, since Talisman I found not a single one. but 4 or 5 devine orbs. That is about since February this year.

I'm also getting the feeling, I will never see an exhalt drop again. :)
"
Zalkortis wrote:
I've played almost every league from Torment pretty much 2-3 weeks every day. In Torment I found 4 Ex, in Tempest I found 5 on HC (2 of that on the same day), in Talisman I found 2 and since then, since Talisman I found not a single one. but 4 or 5 devine orbs. That is about since February this year.

I'm also getting the feeling, I will never see an exhalt drop again. :)

Hey bro I have the same feeling too until i make this thread today.

About 1 or 2 hours after making this thread, i found my first ever exalted orb in this league at level 86 towards level 87 with 17 challenges completed.

You have 18 challenges completed, so you might be close to getting one but I have seen people with 4 or 5 challenges completed guy getting an exalted orb.
lol @ people who believe drops such as exalted orbs are tied to the number of completed challenges. Haha.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Why does someone winning the lottery make you feel bad?

Because this is a fken game? And without some exalts, we can't progress the game further maybe ?

For op i also feel like you, this game rng is soooo random that it feels unrewarding playing it even for long time. Usually i have like 10-14 exalts at the end of every league that is my rng and i play from start to end. But when i see some people saying they have accumulate like 300+exalts or even 1000+ it makes think if they don't cheat or worse. Just look at those streamers that chance everything and 6link everything when they need in front of the chat. It feels like ggg is watching them and they bless them with rng just to get the viewers attention.
"
Verthurnax wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Why does someone winning the lottery make you feel bad?

Because this is a fken game? And without some exalts, we can't progress the game further maybe ?

For op i also feel like you, this game rng is soooo random that it feels unrewarding playing it even for long time. Usually i have like 10-14 exalts at the end of every league that is my rng and i play from start to end. But when i see some people saying they have accumulate like 300+exalts or even 1000+ it makes think if they don't cheat or worse. Just look at those streamers that chance everything and 6link everything when they need in front of the chat. It feels like ggg is watching them and they bless them with rng just to get the viewers attention.

Finally meet some fellow dedicated players who share the same feeling as me ; ) glad that I am not alone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info