IS RNG really that BAD?

RNG is neither good nor bad, is just RNG... You can have a level 5 character with an exalted drop or you can have a level 95 character who has never been drop an exalted, and that is in both cases perfectly normal...

EDIT: oh, and in this game there is no something like "reward system", all is just RNG.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Dec 9, 2016, 1:12:32 AM
"
Actkqk wrote:
RNG is neither good nor bad, is just RNG... You can have a level 5 character with an exalted drop or you can have a level 95 character who has never been drop an exalted, and that is in both cases perfectly normal...

EDIT: oh, and in this game there is no something like "reward system", all is just RNG.

Well it's perfectly "normal" for people who spend little effort and dedication to this game and reap the end game content such as exalted orbs whereas it's also perfectly "normal" for dedicated players such as an level 95 character to get zero exalted orb.

YOU think its perfectly "normal" for those players who enjoyed those benefits while spending little time/effort/dedication.

Wait, have you asked those people such as that poor level 95 guy who no exalted drops at all and asked him whether it's perfectly "normal" ?

LOL.

If there is no reward system then why is this game called GRINDING gears game in the first place? shouldn't it be called Lottery gears game instead LOL?
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 9, 2016, 1:28:41 AM
Fuck no, my RNG has been insane. I dropped 2 Exalts and 4 Divines (2 of them today) with approximately the same play time as you.

EDIT: Just found my 3rd one
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Dec 9, 2016, 2:30:30 PM
"
GooberM wrote:
Fuck no, my RNG has been insane. I dropped 2 Exalts and 4 Divines (2 of them today) with approximately the same play time as you.

congrats to you then ; )
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Firstly, you classify this game under a gambling/lottery game whereby this game clearly is a GRINDING game.

Ok, so you're new here?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Firstly, you classify this game under a gambling/lottery game whereby this game clearly is a GRINDING game.

Ok, so you're new here?

Sorry that's not relevant to the discussion.
lol people whinge about RNG but if all variance was removed from the game and there was no RNG just straight grinding, people would hate it. GGG have said as much before, people actually enjoy high-variance mechanics even if they bitch about it when they are on the shit end of it.

The good news is if you play long enough you will stabilise that rng. in the long run the variance goes away.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Sorry that's not relevant to the discussion.

I guess you're right, but most things in this game is built upon gambling. The whole crafting system isn't crafting, but gambling.

And, if I can get an Exalt drop from Hillock, while you grind for 100 hours to get one, isn't the game more on the "gambling" side than the "grinding" side?

I think I played round 300 before I dropped an Exalt in my early years.

I say as Ziz (a streamer); Spinning the RNG wheel as often as you can, nets you income. But it's still a RNG wheel. It IS gambling. Time is your stake.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

Well it's perfectly "normal" for people who spend little effort and dedication to this game and reap the end game content such as exalted orbs whereas it's also perfectly "normal" for dedicated players such as an level 95 character to get zero exalted orb.

YOU think its perfectly "normal" for those players who enjoyed those benefits while spending little time/effort/dedication.

Wait, have you asked those people such as that poor level 95 guy who no exalted drops at all and asked him whether it's perfectly "normal" ?

LOL.

If there is no reward system then why is this game called GRINDING gears game in the first place? shouldn't it be called Lottery gears game instead LOL?

I will not argue with anyone who does not understand the concept of Randomness.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

LOL.

I will not argue with anyone who does not understand the concept of Randomness.

I will not argue with someone who thinks that money should rain from the sky without spending any effort and also thinks that it is justifiable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info