IS RNG really that BAD?

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Your argument carries no weight and logic. Firstly, you classify this game under a gambling/lottery game whereby this game clearly is a GRINDING game.

Your argument carries no weight and logic. Firstly, it is a grinding game with RNG. It's like lottery. The more you grind, the more lottery tickets you have. You can have all but one lottery ticket and still not hit the jackpot ;)
"
hyper_ch wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Your argument carries no weight and logic. Firstly, you classify this game under a gambling/lottery game whereby this game clearly is a GRINDING game.

Your argument carries no weight and logic. Firstly, it is a grinding game with RNG. It's like lottery. The more you grind, the more lottery tickets you have. You can have all but one lottery ticket and still not hit the jackpot ;)

SO?

You became so desperate to get back at me that you tried to alter what I have said to make me look bad?

Well done ; )

By the way everyone can see the truth if they read the entire conversation so I don't really care hahah.
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 10, 2016, 8:00:18 AM
This troll thread still going? And that guy keep insisting im a liar. Thanks for keeping me in the thread. Here is some more to gnaw on.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I am not sure you know the meaning of higher probability means either.

1000 tries = 200 more tries than just 5 tries = higher probability

Probability isn't a guarantee.

Again, fairness is a non-factor. You are literally gambling - nothing more, nothing less.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

→ 1000 tries = 200 more tries than just 5 tries = higher probability ← This is exactly what many people have tried to explain to you for (p)ages.
However, you seem to think that "higher probability" implies some sort of guaranteed result. Now, statics is really a hard part of maths and I'm far from an expert. One thing that is always important to keep in mind, though, is that there is no such thing as certainty in statistics.
If your chance to find an exalted were 99% you could still, by extremely bad luck, find none in Twilight Strand while another person gets two from the first two enemies they slay.

With lower probabilities, such as the probability to find an exalted orb, the variance gets a lot greater, which is why you, as an individual, feel that RNG is unfair. You a much greater sample size than you playing and some other guy on some chat linking an item to come to any sensible conclusion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Do you even know what you are saying just like the previous times? How I wish everyone could have read what you said in this entire thread.

That is why by the law of probability, the more you grind which is more time spend in this game , the more deserving you should get the better loot FIRST.

This is what I have been saying ALL ALONG and stop trying to sound as if I don't know it.

Ah, OK, so you do get the principle of the thing. Where you're still going wrong is the "better loot FIRST" part.
Sorry if I made it sound like you didn't know. The whole thread up until now sounded just like you didn't even get the basics. Deep down I had the feeling that it's mostly some sort of misunderstanding, though.

By the way, everyone can read what I wrote, the thread is still there and I didn't edit any of my posts.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
asmox wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

Again, fairness is a non-factor. You are literally gambling - nothing more, nothing less.

yes probability isn't a guarantee but higher probability is guaranteed to be better than lower probability.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
This troll thread still going? And that guy keep insisting im a liar. Thanks for keeping me in the thread. Here is some more to gnaw on.

Who is trying to keep you in this thread? Don't sound as if you are some important people here. In fact, you are better off gone
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Dec 10, 2016, 8:38:18 AM
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
asmox wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

yes probability isn't a guarantee but higher probability is guaranteed to be better than lower probability.

It is in the long run. I recommend reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
So uh should I bother?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
So uh should I bother?

No!

Report Forum Post