[2.5] Molten Cyclone | Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone + Vaal Cyclone

"
Vissie wrote:
This build looks really awesome. I am currently playing a slayer with cyclone. Do you think Slayer is a viable ascendancy for this or should I make a marauder?

there is a guide something similar build with slayer.
you may take a look.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780003
Sorry im noob, but why Chieftain is good for this build if u need totems?
Last edited by krzychu9501 on Dec 7, 2016, 7:58:22 AM
"
krzychu9501 wrote:

Chieftan grants you leech and penetration and endurance charges even without totems, but also benefits your Ancestral Warchief totem if you choose to use one. Unless you're going with a Kaom's Heart chest and don't have sockets to spare there's not really any reason to not use an AW totem for the DPS boost against single targets.
Last edited by straightwhitesnark on Dec 7, 2016, 10:04:48 AM
"
"
krzychu9501 wrote:

Chieftan grants you leech and penetration and endurance charges even without totems, but also benefits your Ancestral Warchief totem if you choose to use one. Unless you're going with a Kaom's Heart chest and don't have sockets to spare there's not really any reason to not use an AW totem for the DPS boost against single targets.

For general map clearing I haven't been using Ancestral Warchief since the bosses die in a few seconds anyway. It is good to have for longer fights like Izaro and the Breach lords.

It's important to note that Molten Burst does not trigger from Ancestral Warchief. I'll add this to the guide.
twitch.tv/kursur
Do you think Point Blank is worth trying to fit into the build since it is a roughly 50% more multiplier?
Would you stop using Herald of fire when you get the ammy? since avatar of fire?
IGN Tyela
"
Vissie wrote:
Do you think Point Blank is worth trying to fit into the build since it is a roughly 50% more multiplier?

With the skill tree I'm using it would be more efficient to use those 4 points on the remaining weapon passives.

Here's another tree I was playing around with would utilize Point Blank.www.poeurl.com/Uwb. This one would use IR and Grace at the cost of an extra blood magic support for cyclone and blasphemy/flammability.
twitch.tv/kursur
Why do you have any links or even an attack skill in your weapon?

Couldn't you just buff Molten Burst by putting 6 gems in the weapon that buff Molten Burst?

GMP-Conc.Effect-PointBlank-LifeLeech/LifeGainOnHit-WeD-(Added Fire?!)

Of course you would take Iron Grip too but I saw that you have that specced in your build.

The idea would be to play the build like a Molten Strik build but just with Cyclone proccing it.

Idea is from https://youtu.be/-bMYbaMMDGc?t=591
Last edited by zorker on Dec 8, 2016, 8:19:31 AM
"
zorker wrote:
Why do you have any links or even an attack skill in your weapon?

Couldn't you just buff Molten Burst by putting 6 gems in the weapon that buff Molten Burst?

GMP-Conc.Effect-PointBlank-LifeLeech/LifeGainOnHit-WeD-(Added Fire?!)

Of course you would take Iron Grip too but I saw that you have that specced in your build.

The idea would be to play the build like a Molten Strik build but just with Cyclone proccing it.

Idea is from https://youtu.be/-bMYbaMMDGc?t=591

You get the benefit of having a 5 link for Vaal Cyclone. Swap out Vaal Cyclone for Physical Projectile Attack Damage or Point blank and you get the setup you mention. Makes it very flexible for single target vs AoE too.
twitch.tv/kursur
Would having a 6L Ngamahu's change your setup at all? And would running Kaom's Heart be a bad idea? Last question, wouldn't swapping fast attacks for either added fire or fire pen be a dps increase?
Last edited by kulnan on Dec 8, 2016, 4:28:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info