[2.5] Mustard's Raider/Blade Flurry DreamFeather Build

I'd rather take spell dodge than attack dodge on an EVA build. With flasks up I'm at 55k eva (and that's after dropping some eva% nodes and items, was at 65k before) and with 25% MORE versus attacks from ascendancy you're easily in the 80-85% chance to evade vs melee and ~80% versus ranged attacks.

Still, if I can get my hands on a +1 FC vectors I might try them out vs shaper, it just might be enough damage to push me over the edge (I feel like I'm making too many mistakes because the fight drags on for too long).
I should probably make another thread because of all the differences, but then I decided to share my thoughts here to show you guys the viability of pathfinder for this build.

So I went with Perfect Form to stack extra evasion via cold resistance, and wanted to run MoM with that AA and fortify(from whirling). Routed so that I get to pick both Templar and Witch aoe-clusters and get MoM without making it feel too awkward.

Some key pieces of my gear:

The rest

I should probably switch basalt to vinktar now that I hit 96 and I'm done with leveling. Would feel less clunky compared to currently having to use vaal lightning trap.

Most jewels are life, area damage, damage, ias, ev/coldres.

And stats, can post more detailed screenshots later when ingame:
- Life 6.3k, unreserved mana 800ish, only to mitigate all the small hits I'm constantly taking, and hell, it has saved me few times from big blows.
- Evasion 85k with flasks up
- Conc tooltip with flasks up just hit 6k, don't remember inc. aoe number right now.

Shaper went down last night, uber atziri few days ago, with few levels lower toon and less dps. Only thing I struggled with little bit was uber trash, clearspeed wasn't too good. Will try again using vinktar, that should speed it up nicely.

So yeah, I feel I've reached quite nice dps as a pathfinder, obviously in some fights it can get awkward if I run out of flasks before the target dies, and not enough adds are spawning. But that usually only happens on fights like chimera(poison immunity). Shaper went down without having to portal/wait/kill adds for flask charges.

I just woke up, I hope I wasn't rambling too much. And merry christmas to you all!
IGN Shap
Last edited by Balanque on Dec 24, 2016, 9:38:31 AM
very inferior chest pick.... you don't need poison proc from the chest ... we can see that you've put fucking endurance charge on melee stun gem in it.... which is ridicules.

Queen of the Forest and Hyrri's Ire are superior chest picks for this build for dmg and survival ... i really don't understand why people don't like to put poison support since it boosts damage over time.
"
very inferior chest pick.... you don't need poison proc from the chest ... we can see that you've put fucking endurance charge on melee stun gem in it.... which is ridicules.

Queen of the Forest and Hyrri's Ire are superior chest picks for this build for dmg and survival ... i really don't understand why people don't like to put poison support since it boosts damage over time.

Calm down and read his post again. He's playing a pathfinder so he gets free poison.

Also, as he reaches 85k evasion with flasks the chest is clearly a very good option, especially since it fees up a skill point for Phase Acro (and possibly the dodge points leading up to it, I didn't check his tree). Free Arctic Armor is just the icing on the cake.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Dec 24, 2016, 9:22:57 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:
"

Calm down and read his post again. He's playing a pathfinder so he gets free poison.

Also, as he reaches 85k evasion with flasks the chest is clearly a very good option, especially since it fees up a skill point for Phase Acro (and possibly the dodge points leading up to it, I didn't check his tree). Free Arctic Armor is just the icing on the cake.

I believe his post was directed at OP.

I forgot to post my tree btw, realised that now... Will edit and add.
IGN Shap
"
i really don't understand why people don't like to put poison support since it boosts damage over time.

because poison support is a piece of shit, is why.

i should update the original post to what im currently running, because it has changed a bit. but poison support is horrible. sure it allows you to poison so if you don't have a source anywhere else then by all means you need it. otherwise it sucks ass. it only gives you 38% increased poison damage and 10% duration.

im currently running culling strike as my 6th link now. this gives you 10% attack speed at 20q, 38% increased damage (this double dips, unlike poison support) and the added damage of its execute.

also breath of the council is by far and large the best stat stick you can get over a dreamfeather. and while dreamfeathers are the best for cost weapon, the BiS is a 2.xx attack speed flat chaos + phys dmg foil. this will give you quite a bit more damage over dreamfeather, and also allows you to drop jade flask for another flask like sin's rebirth for even more bonus chaos damage.

edit: also, to run pathfinder i do not suggest using BF and this build setup, i suggest you use blade vortex.
even the after nerf blade vortex poison setup does more damage than this build so long as you can sustain 20 blades.
i have a pathfinder BV build that abused that poison mechanic, and even though i changed my setup its still more damaging than this build. 3 million DPS without factoring in poison. definitely will perform better against the guardians that can't get poisoned since you have dps otherwise as well. that'll probably be another guide, if i optimize it
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 24, 2016, 2:57:15 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

im currently running culling strike as my 6th link now. this gives you 10% attack speed at 20q, 38% increased damage (this double dips, unlike poison support) and the added damage of its execute.

Culling is an interesting idea, never remembered it has the generic increased damage stat.

"
xMustard wrote:

edit: also, to run pathfinder i do not suggest using BF and this build setup, i suggest you use blade vortex.
even the after nerf blade vortex poison setup does more damage than this build so long as you can sustain 20 blades.
i have a pathfinder BV build that abused that poison mechanic, and even though i changed my setup its still more damaging than this build. 3 million DPS without factoring in poison. definitely will perform better against the guardians that can't get poisoned since you have dps otherwise as well. that'll probably be another guide, if i optimize it

Sure, I don't doubt that, BV would be strong for this type of build I'm sure, I just don't like BV :p

I don't really struggle against any content, not even poison immune guardians. That said, I'll have to keep testing with culling but I think I'll stick to meleephys so I get to keep the high-ish physical damage I am dealing now to help against more chaos-resistant/poison immune targets.
IGN Shap
there. i've updated the main post to reflect my current loadout and included a section for taking on poison immune content.

keep in mind it isn't required to change so much vs poison immune stuff, but its just what i have available to me because i play on standard so i have a collection of stuff.
Hi,

I've been following your guide and feeling very unconfortably in high-level maps (also I failed REALLY hard to kill Xoph, it was ridiculous). Depending on the mods I use dreamfeather instead of Breath of the Council, but whatever. And no, I'm not using the unique light flask that you suggested. My gear is the following:

edit: oh nm just now i notice your poacher's blasphemy setup.

ya not sure what your issue is honestly. your dps will go way up if you got vinktars because of the shock and it double dips, but otherwise things look pretty solid.

just remember to swap in conc effect for bosses
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 27, 2016, 5:28:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info