[2.5] Mustard's Raider/Blade Flurry DreamFeather Build

Wait you used DF+Scourge as stat stick ? xD

Obviously if you use DF+Scourge that will suck.
But you are right, I redid the calc and Singularity is on par with dual DF, the damage should slightly higher than 2xDF, and you get the bonus of slower moving enemies.

DF +
BotC > Singularity > 2xDF

2xScourge >> DF+X

I am talking deeps only here, the feel of dreamfeather is much better for obvious reasons. But for Shaper I used the Scourges just as Bawtzki mentioned because I am squishy as FUCK and every second I can shave of his phases is worth pure gold. And the Damage increase is massive.

I would never use Scourges for maps or regular content since any combination we discussed has enough damage for that. But when it comes to the Shaper and future HP GODS like him the Scourge is uncontested in terms of surviving this shit.
Last edited by lagrangian on Jan 13, 2017, 5:01:20 AM
"
lagrangian wrote:
Wait you used DF+Scourge as stat stick ? xD

Obviously if you use DF+Scourge that will suck.
But you are right, I redid the calc and Singularity is on par with dual DF, the damage should slightly higher than 2xDF, and you get the bonus of slower moving enemies.

DF +
BotC > Singularity > 2xDF

2xScourge >> DF+X

I am talking deeps only here, the feel of dreamfeather is much better for obvious reasons. But for Shaper I used the Scourges just as Bawtzki mentioned because I am squishy as FUCK and every second I can shave of his phases is worth pure gold. And the Damage increase is massive.

I would never use Scourges for maps or regular content since any combination we discussed has enough damage for that. But when it comes to the Shaper and future HP GODS like him the Scourge is uncontested in terms of surviving this shit.

no, i never used scourge as a stat stick, i addressed the possibility of somebody thinking it could be one.

singularity is better than on par with dual DF, its actually on par with BoTC and even better (depending on rolls) if poison duration is unaffected.
DF +
Singularity > BoTC > 2xDF
(if poison duration is unaffected by BoTC)

keep in mind the listed "deeps" for using any stat stick is messed up because its inaccurately portraying your attack speed. to me i feel like BoTC "feels" better than all.

i used dual scourge vs chimera and i'll never use those weapons again for anything. they absolutely sucked. i even outfitted my setup to be pure elemental/physical/chaos damage with no poison (since it can't be poisoned) and it had a listed DPS two times higher than dual DF but it was nowhere near as good or as damaging. on my last portal i swapped out the scourge to dual DF and did much better.

i haven't tried shaper but i know for sure that i wouldn't be using scourge for anything but funding my next builds.

anyway lately i've been testing viper strike with this (which BoTC DOES boost the duration of) and it actually feels pretty damn good.
my final setup for a viper strike build though will be an assassin with Razor of the Seventh Sun + Rigwald's Savagery and x3 Growing Agony for INSANE boosts to "attack damage"
Singularity's "increased damage" modifier won't affect DoTs since it is a conditional modifier, and those only work on Hits (similar to Hypothermia not increasing the damage of DoTs).

Therefor the Increased Damage from BotC outweights those of Singularity.

Viper Strike sound fun, maybe ill give it a shot.
"
lagrangian wrote:
Singularity's "increased damage" modifier won't affect DoTs since it is a conditional modifier, and those only work on Hits (similar to Hypothermia not increasing the damage of DoTs).

Therefor the Increased Damage from BotC outweights those of Singularity.

Viper Strike sound fun, maybe ill give it a shot.

im pretty sure this isn't true. hypothermia is kind of an exception because the enemies need to be chilled and it requires a hit to "check" if an enemy is chilled.
however the hindering is an aura effect so its constant. i imagine, though i don't know for sure, that the increased damage would apply with poison so long as the enemies remained within the aura to continue to be hindered.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/15

Q: "Does Hypothermia's more damage affect Vortex's DoT?"
A: "No. Conditional modifiers cannot apply to DoT, because the condition could change during the DoT." -Mark_GGG

This also adresses your thoughts about only having the Dmg increase only when the monsters stay inside it, which would be a much better solution.

I cannot say if they changed anything but ill stick to Mark_GGG's answers, since its pretty impossible to test unfortunately :(
Last edited by lagrangian on Jan 14, 2017, 6:42:23 AM
Finally got 100 Chayula splinters and gave the Chayula domain a try. Totally failed -- just couldn't burn the rares down quick enough. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if I just needed more dps. I'm not really sure how to get more damage out of my current build though.
I'd replace culling strike with MPD and stick CS into your WB setup (if you plan on keeping it 4L). Other than that, Vinktar + Vaal Haste should be enough to cruise through the breach. Maybe replace basalt with Sin's Rebirth or Atziri's promise if you feel like you need more dps.

edit: And I don't see Blood Rage anywhere in your setup, that's basically free dps. Find an open gem slot for it.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Jan 14, 2017, 11:41:00 AM
I don't have a leveled MPD or the right sockets, but a quick test with a tabula shows around 60 - 100 damage increase depending on increased aoe/concentrated effect. Probably taking a short break from this char (super discouraged) but MPD + blood rage does sound promising.

The basalt really seems to help with survival (especially noticeable vs porcupines), and it has my shock immunity also. (Though now that I think about it I should be immune to shock on max frenzy charges, so maybe I could drop that for another flask)
Last edited by mrflippy on Jan 14, 2017, 2:09:03 PM
I hadn't even looked at your ascendancy - definitely consider avatar of the chase for breaches if you still come up short on dps. Fwiw I did all the content in the game without Veil and while it is super nice (currently using it on my cyclone) the status ailment isn't really mandatory, not even for Tul. And you can get the extra dodge from either Darkray of Atziri's step.
MPD is inferior to culling strike in all ways for this build. culling strike adds 38% inc dmg which double dips. we just don't have enough base physical dmg for MPD to be worth it. while it shows a slight advantage in the tooltip, keep in mind this is not factoring in the double dipping effect of culling strike nor is it factoring in the actual culls you get with having it socketed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info