[2.5] Mustard's Raider/Blade Flurry DreamFeather Build

Just want to update, I've been using this build as a league starter and the levelling process has been rather smooth, now at level 70 and farming Dried lake very very easily (with a tooltip damage of 2000 and 8.4aps). I knew this build would be good but I didn't think it'd be this good already, since I've only invested about 10 chaos only into my gear. Defence wise, I'm also getting about 82% evasion and 30% dodge so defences have been really good so far too (just need to cap out my lightning res and increase life a bit more).

Thank you for the guide!
Last edited by MAlandM on Dec 14, 2016, 8:29:12 AM
sweet glad you're having fun with it.

right now im testing a breath of the council for a stat stick. on paper its quite a bit higher DPS considering the damage double dips and the added poison duration as well as the sweet inc aoe, but in practice i can't really tell a difference. i guess you would more noticeably in really drawn out fights. the dps increase should be significant overall.

one thing i did notice though is the attack speed stat for blade flurry when dual wielding is all messed up. it accounts for your slower attack speed mace making your attack speed appear very slowly, but because BF doesn't use maces it doesn't actually use that attack speed. you will attack faster than it shows when using this stat stick which kinda deceives you
I am just baffled how you get 2.4k tool tip, increased aoe? just sitting there in the hideout, no frenzy charges, no flask buffs?

There's something way wrong here

is this 2.4k melee swing tooltip or 2.4k bladeflurry tool tip, with what auras?
Last edited by Anilogas on Dec 14, 2016, 12:04:34 PM
"
Anilogas wrote:
I am just baffled how you get 2.4k tool tip, increased aoe? just sitting there in the hideout, no frenzy charges, no flask buffs?

There's something way wrong here

is this 2.4k melee swing tooltip or 2.4k bladeflurry tool tip

nah its 2.4k while fully buffed. inc aoe frenzy and flasks. just in hideout i sit at like 1595 right now with breach of the council and melee phys

and actually now its 2888 fully self buffed inc aoe and 4582 with conc effect

EDIT:
i was also talking with Cantrip about my build and his variation and some differences. he has a great idea of using
this flask for the charge generation and use a different curse other than poacher's mark.

poacher's is still an amazing curse for its lowered evasion on mobs and life/mana on hit, but with this flask we don't really need the charge generation and as raider we don't need the frenzy generation.
other curses that can be used could be enfeeble for mitigation though we already have lots of that, temp chains for the slow and more DPS through longer lasting poison tho we have lots of that, warlord's mark for the leech and endurance charge generation on kill.

right now im kinda alternating between using poacher's + basalt flask or any other utility flask needed to run certain maps/map mods depending on the situation, and using temp chains + chalice.
Last edited by xMustard on Dec 14, 2016, 12:09:14 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Anilogas wrote:
I am just baffled how you get 2.4k tool tip, increased aoe? just
i was also talking with Cantrip about my build and his variation and some differences. he has a great idea of using
this flask for the charge generation and use a different curse other than poacher's mark.

poacher's is still an amazing curse for its lowered evasion on mobs and life/mana on hit, but with this flask we don't really need the charge generation and as raider we don't need the frenzy generation.
other curses that can be used could be enfeeble for mitigation though we already have lots of that, temp chains for the slow and more DPS through longer lasting poison tho we have lots of that, warlord's mark for the leech and endurance charge generation on kill.

right now im kinda alternating between using poacher's + basalt flask or any other utility flask needed to run certain maps/map mods depending on the situation, and using temp chains + chalice.

Would it even be possible to sustain all flasks at the same time if you're using The Overflowing Chalice? How would you get past the fact that the chalice doesn't gain any charges while it's effect is in use? So they'll probably be some downtime of the flask I can imagine
Should you keep the poison gem in the 6L for the extra chaos damage?
"
MAlandM wrote:
Would it even be possible to sustain all flasks at the same time if you're using The Overflowing Chalice? How would you get past the fact that the chalice doesn't gain any charges while it's effect is in use? So they'll probably be some downtime of the flask I can imagine

technically 100% uptime no, but it really wouldn't be an issue. to refill the chalice you'd have to kill just one pack of mobs to fully charge it. also im purposely not putting quality on the flask because that raises its duration, where as i want the duration of this flask to be lower than every other one so it runs out first and can start gaining flasks while my others are still active.
even tho its only by a fraction of a second this is enough to keep your flasks up from my current testing just because you'll even kill a cpl mobs before hitting all your flasks again anyway, allowing you to gain those charges.

i don't overlap my flask charge uses. i only pop them when i notice they fall off. doing it this way gets around chalice's downside very easily.

"
Dargath wrote:
Should you keep the poison gem in the 6L for the extra chaos damage?

you absolutely can. doesnt really matter. a 6th link is completely optional in this build and it can be whatever you want, including poison.
i don't use it right now because its only 38% increased and 10% duration at 20/20, which really isn't a big deal at all. i'd most likely prefer utility.

actually using culling strike would be more DPS for you than poison support, if you have another source of poison. it gives 38% inc dmg which would double dip as opposed to the poison support, and also the added dps of culling bosses.

in fact im going to recolour my other cospri's and level up a culling. more attack speed too if you get quality. should work out great.

there are so many other setups you can run, so long as you can poison. use poison support with hyrri's ire or any of the good new chests like snowblind grace. just skip out on the blasphemy curse, and instead of it you can use haste...or discipline for more effective health. lots of options
have you tried breath of the council, if it makes killing stuff faster ?
"
Anilogas wrote:

ya im currently using breath of the council to see how that fairs. i really cannot tell in practice if it kills things faster or not. on paper and in theory it definitely should have better DPS in longer fights since your poison will last longer and thus will hold more stacks longer. though i imagine this is only noticeable in fights that last longer than 10 or so seconds. i haven't found any fights like that as of yet.

im actually testing a few changes in order to try to get more HP. im not going to bother showing my current changes or anything because i have a few other things i want to try out as well just to see which is the optimal setup. once i find that out i'll post everything finalized.
"
Anilogas wrote:

I tried it with cyclone and somewhat unoptimized gems and it didn't feel good.

So, has anyone successfully killed shaper with this build? I had my first attempt today and the dps felt pretty slow but my totem kept dying so I wasn't at full efficiency. Current gear:

My hideout tooltip is 1645 with inc aoe and 2630 with conc effect. Combat aps with vaal haste reaches 12.5, without it's 11.7.

Tree:

Things I can improve: swords with slightly more dps, 21/20 added chaos, 21 grace, quality on some gems that I haven't upgraded yet. I doubt it would push me far enough to kill shaper reasonably fast though. Fwiw, everything up to and including t15 dies in seconds, guardians take a little longer but having such massive amounts of evasion and dodge makes them rather simple to fight.

Overall the character's an absolute joy to play, evasion became my new favorite defense layer and it's just great for fast mapping and hunting down prophecies. But I'd really like to add Shaper's head to my trophy list.

edit: forgot to add, I use Grace and Herald of Ash (despite Void Manip) as my auras since I get hit with reduced curse effectiveness mod on maps so often that I feel like running blasphemy is pointless.
Last edited by Bawtzki on Dec 19, 2016, 12:30:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info