[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
ajewveli wrote:
Is this build good in groups? I'm planning on starting next league using it.

I never play in groups, but I think it should do fine. If people in your group have bad computers though they might complain about you dropping their frames with fnm.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Feb 28, 2018, 1:30:46 PM
thanks for the quick reply! I'll definitely check this out then :)
Looks like the build gets a buff - do you still think that this build won't be capable of Shaper/Red Elder? Hoping for a good starting build that I can play into late game.
"
Thunderchubs wrote:
Looks like the build gets a buff - do you still think that this build won't be capable of Shaper/Red Elder? Hoping for a good starting build that I can play into late game.

There were already people who did shaper 2 leagues ago with this build, so it is definitely doable, especially with the high amounts of lifereg. The problem why shaper was too hard was because you ran out of life flasks and had to tp out since we don't have any life leech with mines, now that the life reg is so absurdly high you can probably spam fnm as much as you want and will never drop in life.

I am pretty confident that shaper is totally doable with this build, it's just not as cookie cutter as with insane leech builds that can just face tank the encounter. You will have to dodge shaper attacks manually which shouldn't be too hard with shield charge and leap slam available..
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Feb 28, 2018, 10:22:54 PM
Updated Skill trees for 3.2 on Path of building.

HC - Lifereg route (changed):

Removed obvious mistakes like the two nodes leading to a power charge (HC = noncrit version) and changed the 3 crit nodes (Assassasination) in the shadow start to the elemental nodes.

Instead of going deep into the Marauder for a few percent of lifereg we now head to the life 'wheel' for an extra gem slot and 24% increased life. Going from 203% Life to 227% Life !!
The Ascendancy changes should give us more than enough life reg at all times.

Softcore tree didn't change, i've gone through the nodes and couldn't find any differences, if you find something that changed for us please let me know ;)

"
Thunderchubs wrote:

The tree isn't much different from GC mines which can take down all content with ease, probably just need to swap gems / jewels when you want to take him down.
"
goofysphoogle wrote:
"
Thunderchubs wrote:

The tree isn't much different from GC mines which can take down all content with ease, probably just need to swap gems / jewels when you want to take him down.

I personally never played GC mines but, I can imagine that there isn't a lot of difference. Take out fire damage and replace it with physical damage?
Thanks for answering my questions - one more for you:

Just messing around with this build in standard to see if I want to roll with it in Bestiary and the life cost of the mines with covenant is pretty high. On boss fights where you don't have vaal clarity up it's taking a pretty sizable chunk as I'm spamming mines.

You mentioned that the build has high life regen, but in the non-hc build there is only one notable with 1% regen. I know the new ascendancy will give us a bunch more, but wondering what I'm missing for the moment.

Thanks!
"
KikosLive wrote:
"
goofysphoogle wrote:
"
Thunderchubs wrote:

I personally never played GC mines but, I can imagine that there isn't a lot of difference. Take out fire damage and replace it with physical damage?

Thinking about it would be annoying swapping the gems / sockets / jewels around, I wouldn't do it unless you were planning on doing some bosses for a while.

Like use this to map for a bit then when you get bored later go GC to do some shaper.
Last edited by goofysphoogle on Mar 1, 2018, 5:47:52 PM
Deciding between this build and Hierophant GC Totems for my very first SSF build.

How will this build perform in SSF? Can it still perform without uniques? As I'm assuming that's going to be my biggest challenge in SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info