[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Thanks for answering, i have a few more questions regarding hardcore if you dont mind:

1- Since im going for the life reg tree and neglecting crit, should i still use the Increased Critical Strikes support gem on the main setup? What about the diamond flask?

2- What is the purpose of Temporal Chains? Which effect are we looking to extend? Is it just for the slow?

3- You recommended going for EE instead of crit for the hardcore build. You mentioned using orb of storms to proc it. Do you need a different setup for that? I was thinking about replacing the portal for orb, leaving it with faster casting and the stone golem on a 3L.

Hi Kikos! Really enjoy the guide and playing the character. Do you have any suggestions on what I should be working toward for gear? I'm currently saving for my 6 link, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on what I could improve in the meantime. Thanks again for the guide!
"
dirauter wrote:
Thanks for answering, i have a few more questions regarding hardcore if you dont mind:

1- Since im going for the life reg tree and neglecting crit, should i still use the Increased Critical Strikes support gem on the main setup? What about the diamond flask?

2- What is the purpose of Temporal Chains? Which effect are we looking to extend? Is it just for the slow?

3- You recommended going for EE instead of crit for the hardcore build. You mentioned using orb of storms to proc it. Do you need a different setup for that? I was thinking about replacing the portal for orb, leaving it with faster casting and the stone golem on a 3L.

I wouldn't take the increased crit gem if you don't take it in the tree.

Temp chains is just good for the massive slow debuff. The slow applies to attack animations, so combined with enfeeble enemies attack slowly and not very hard!

Standard orb of storms setup is Orb > Critic Chance > Power Charge on Crit > Whatever. You can use a curse on hit version too but it's not going to work with dual curse in our case.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
Hi!

Thanks for this build, as I am using it right now.

My current setup, even though I still don't have 5L(screw my luck, I wasted around 500 jewellers for 6 sockets and after I wasted 400~ fusings I still have only 5L), I can easily clear up to t15 maps. In my opinion biggest milestones in terms of damage are 4L to 5L(and probably 5L to 6L), and most importantly helmet enchant.
Other than that I recommend you guys to abuse Diamond Flask, since 1 or 2 groups can easily refill it and damage with crits is what we need.
I've had some problems with bosses, but faster attacks and 16% gloves did it for me. Movement is crucial.
For survivability - defensive auras(don't go for damage auras, it's not worth it), +max health and decoy totem, also try to trigger Fortify with your movement skills.

Downsides of the build? I had some rough time early, especially with staying alive. FNM sometimes feel 'laggy'(after shield charge you have to wait a short amount of time before you can place mines).
I have to admit I wasn't so sure about this build, but after I learned how to play it, I like it alot.

My tips: against rough bosses, place totem and couple of mines next to it, then run and detonate. It also works with spiky raptors who explode after death, just place totem with mines and hide behind corner. Avoid maps with vulnerability, temporal chains, the rest is feasible altough i try to avoid enfeeble on higher tiers. Maps without life/ES/mana regen could be also annoying, since I use my shield charge to move around the whole map(I skipped quicksilver).

Thank you Kikos

P.S. INT gloves with 3 red and 1 green link can be really hard to get.
For critical strike, does it proc for every pulse or every detonation?

i.e. if I can lay down 3 mines at once will I have 3 separate chances of rolling a crit strike for each pulse or will one roll happen for whether or not all 3 mine's damage output is a crit?
"
dirauter wrote:

Sorry, for showing up so late, I hope this is still relevant for you.

-> 1 : No, you get controlled destruction instead of inc crit strikes gem, you can replace your diamond flask with a basalt flask of warding

-> 2 : Yes all about the slow, many monsters that can be scary aren't anymore if they got TC on them. Devours are the best example.

-> 3 : EE is not really good for us, cause even if you use Orb of Storms your mines send out many waves in a row and weaken each other.You need OoS connected to inc crit strikes gem if possible. You could try it out with out the inc crit strikes, but I am not sure if EO procs reliably then. So Oos + crit strikes would be better.

EDIT: Just saw aarontbarratt already answered those questions. Ty for the help :)

"
appleownz wrote:

P.S. INT gloves with 3 red and 1 green link can be really hard to get.

Glad you enjoy the build.
For any 4 socket item, getting off colors is really easy.
Here is a link of a random video I found, that explains it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqcD8dYoSE

"
LTHobo wrote:
For critical strike, does it proc for every pulse or every detonation?

i.e. if I can lay down 3 mines at once will I have 3 separate chances of rolling a crit strike for each pulse or will one roll happen for whether or not all 3 mine's damage output is a crit?

That's a good question. My guess is that once you press detonate either all your laid down mines crit or none of them.

Once you rolled a crit for a mine all the waves will crit, about that one I am sure.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 23, 2017, 8:34:42 PM
Hi I was wondering how I can check my DPS on fire nova mine?
Hi,
Thank you for that amazing build :)

Just one noob question, why totally ignore chaos res ?

Currently playing your build start in SHC, playing already a week or so, did atziri 5 times (first time ever for me yay!), added some changes in gem's, currently add arctic armor as another layr of small defense (not a lot but still helping), and using tmp curse effect as small + for def.
And i am intrested did you tryed using emp gem to 6l ?

Any advices to change something in gear (execpt chest i know need 6l but can't afford it now)?
IGN: SHUDO, MiraiMika, Completed_Edition
"
SpookyDon wrote:
Hi I was wondering how I can check my DPS on fire nova mine?

You can see your average damage when you hover over the skill in the bottom right.

"
oymar wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for that amazing build :)

Just one noob question, why totally ignore chaos res ?

It's just not that important since you can just prevent dying buy using a life flask since most of the time it's damage over time.

The only encounters that require chaos res are Chimera (guardian t16) and chayula.

"
shudo wrote:

Currently playing your build start in SHC, playing already a week or so, did atziri 5 times (first time ever for me yay!), added some changes in gem's, currently add arctic armor as another layr of small defense (not a lot but still helping), and using tmp curse effect as small + for def.
And i am intrested did you tryed using emp gem to 6l ?

Any advices to change something in gear (execpt chest i know need 6l but can't afford it now)?

Yes, I've checked the damage we get while using empower. Even empower 4 gives you less damage than trap and mine damage support. Empower only comes into play when you are playing the build with a +3 to fire gems staff (which gimps your movement, so I wouldn't do it).

Your gear is already pretty insane. That shield, wow.
So it's just the obvious stuff, helmet enchantment and 6l.

In my opinion: helm enchantment > 6l
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 26, 2017, 4:53:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info