[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
ahcos wrote:
It's a very nice, chilled build for a casual like me. Just one thing: is there a "trick" with Blast Cascade? It seems to me very random wether or not it generates Powercharges. Do i have to click on an enemy for it to work? I've tried a lot of different things, but generating Powercharges is just completely random and i can't seem to find a strategy to make it consistent.

Lvl50 now, completely selffound, content is still pretty easy so far.

actually there is a trick to generate power charges. if you are low or have zero power charges lay down as many mines as you can and then detonate them all at once. this way iam getting 1 power charge almost every time i detonate. i do this until i have the maxiumum of power charges and then i play like i would without crit (placing 1 mine for thrash mobs and 2 for blues/yellows) until i almost run out of time of power charges.
Hello.

Thank you for creating a really fun build! Could I get some feedback on my current gear? I just got my 6L, but the helmet enchant I'm not sure what the best way to get.

Also, I see that you suggest using shield charge quite often, but I haven't been able to use it too often. Sometimes, it gets stuck in corners and other times, I end up in the middle of enemies unable to place the mine since the character wants to move and cant. I guess I'm not understanding the mechanics of shield charging around placing fast mines.

Thanks in advance!
ign: prodster
Hi all!
Want to say Thanks to Kikos for this really fun build. I started with FNM in Harbinger league, bought some items for capped resists, crit chance and life (relying on PoB realistic setup). And i dont have problems with dmg even without 5L Covenant. But survivability is getting me crazy sometimes in low(!!) tier maps with crap mods. Thats why i cant even farm tier 8 maps.
Can someone take a look at my item build and say something? Where is my mistake?

I see that such questions have been asked many times, but I'm already despairing.
Hello!

First of all thanks for the build, I really had fun leveling it, and I got to level 87. As with every other league I won't stop until I reach level 90 but I'm having some difficulties with this build.

The damage is good enough to do everything that I want, but I feel too much like a glass cannon. I have to constantly use my instant flasks, and even with the utility flasks up I still take way too much damage from every mob.

Since I want to go for level 90 I want to do mid-high tier maps, like 9-10, but I'm already struggling to survive at t7-8s, especially against bosses.

I'm currently at 4.2-4.3k life + 1.2k ES.

Can you please tell me what's wrong with my items? Thank you so much.

Items
Spoiler

Last edited by ZobrystPOE on Aug 17, 2017, 7:52:17 AM
@KikosLive Hi there great guide so far but I feel like theres something missing. Is there any chance you can implement a section for what stats we should be looking for on gear.From like highest priority to say lowest? That would be really helpful, as I'm having trouble for what stats we should be looking for. Thanks!
I've been using this build for some time now and I really enjoy it. I just have some bits bits of advice that have helped me enjoy this build more in the mapping stage and generally made me feel better.

1. Since blast cascade is finicky at best (it seems to only generate power charges once per press of the detonate button, and even then only if the enemies are relatively close to your mines) it's not a bad idea to get something like Orb of Storms with a cast on hit and increased crit to generate the power charges for you as well. I was not using some sockets so I decided to put it in. It also works really well for keeping power charges active during boss fights. And it lets me rank up the increased crit chance gem while I don't have a 6-liked covenant (700 fuse into getting my 6 link :( )

2. Get enduring cry. Seriously the burst of ~300 health on later levels allows you to offset the blood magic costs of your mines without spamming the flasks quite as much, and the 12% extra phys and elemental damage reduct from the 3 endurance charges is nothing to scoff at (especially the phys reduction). It will also make immortal call better in the cases where you get hit despite the blind on enemies.

3. If you're doing a high level map (say vaal temple) don't be afraid to use your portal "lives" to refresh your flasks at the hideout. Running out of flask charges is without a doubt one of the biggest weaknesses of this build and later down the line while you're trying to grind the last 10 levels it's not worth dying just because you decided to run around and try to get flask charges with an occasional crit on a surgeon flask, or with the couple of minions bosses send at you. Better off just getting a full refresh. Don't move after you come back so everything loads and you get to make a tactical decision as to where you move and you're golden.

I've played some other builds before, like searing bonds templars, arc witches, earthquake marauders and so on. But so far this is definitely the best "feeling" build for me. The damage output is insane (especially after you get the 2 extra pulses from a helmet, the last pulse does 3.6 times more damage than the first) and the tank while not perfect is pretty good.
Hi guys, could someone do a gear check on me? I realize I still need to slot in some of the gems but I'm just trying to sort out links and colors on slots to get that right. Ideally, I'd like to upgrade if necessary so I don't waste currency on an item that should be replaced. I'm not really having problems up to T9 maps at the moment but I want to make sure I can scale all the way up. I have about 150c in currency at the moment and I'd like to scale up to ~500 and start a new character. Thanks!
very nice build, just one question before I try this out: what is the defense mechanism in this build?
I see you life pool is not high(around 5K). wondering how this build is in higher tier maps(T15, shaper, uber queen, etc)
"
lxdestiny wrote:
very nice build, just one question before I try this out: what is the defense mechanism in this build?
I see you life pool is not high(around 5K). wondering how this build is in higher tier maps(T15, shaper, uber queen, etc)

i played this build last league and it was very good expecially when you can get a 6l chest.
i never tried shaper or über atziri but everything else was quite alright. great leaguestarter as well.

defense for me was not getting hit much and a good life pool + es + good regen. temp chains + vortex slow + abyssal cry slow = very safe. everything is barely moving. for the few hits i had cwdt+enfeeble :)

ended legacy league like this:
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 18, 2017, 5:21:40 PM
At The beginning I want to thank you for creating very good and fun to play build.

Also I want to ask someone for little help with skill tree because I just ended story line, finished leveling 4 from path of building and don't know we're i should go now to make SC ending tree.

What should I take first:
1) 4 jewels (8 points)
2) last life tree (4 points)
3) blast cascade and others critical nodes (a lot of points)

What is the most important and will give the most benefits ? Lvling is now slower and free points from quests has ended so I want to finish the tree wisely.

Thanks for advice.
Last edited by krrystian on Aug 18, 2017, 6:21:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info