[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Now that PoE is also on Xbox, you may want to post a warning that this build does not work on Xbox; there is no detonate mines key available. :-(

"
Jafferwock wrote:
Now that PoE is also on Xbox, you may want to post a warning that this build does not work on Xbox; there is no detonate mines key available. :-(

Hm, I can't imagine GGG forgets to implement a detonate button lol. You should post this in the xbox bug forum. Did you really try out every single button?

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
I stand corrected! The trick is to remap the detonate skill: press down right stick twice, select skill, scroll with right stick until you find the Detonate skill.
Hey man, first of all i wanted to thank you again for the build and especially for answering all these questoins here. I'm new to the game and this is really helpful for me. I got a few more questions regarding the hardcore build.

1- So, i asked before about puting the orb of storms in place of the portal. Since the inc crit strike might be needed for orb and EO, should i swap the faster casting for it? It would make summoning stone golem a bit slower but i guess its the price i'd have to pay. Or is there some other recommended setup?

2- Since you also recommended to swap the diamond flask for basalt, should i also look for different stats on sceptre + shield? According to the HC end game tree2 (life reg), the recommended sceptre has the following stats: increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells(still might be useful for orb, dunno) and Global Critical Strike Multiplier (probally useless for me). The recommended shield has: Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells. Jewels also seem to be in the same boat, focusing crit that is. Which of these stats should i swap out? And what for?

3- Also on the HC end game tree 2, there is 2 points allocated in power charge duration and maximum power charges. Since i'm not going for crit, i wont be getting the charges with Blast Cascade. I shouldn't skill these power charges nodes, right?

I guess this is it for now, sorry for the long questions and thank you again for your time.
going trickster for the ES and mana regen really helps with this build. You have plenty of mine placement on normal tree. ES works really well with this build since the ES nerf because you still get a ton of it, and no kaoms heart means more free sockets! Also it allows you to use mom just for the mana. I got like 500 mp/sec regeneration with just mom. spam mines all day like crazy
"
dirauter wrote:
Hey man, first of all i wanted to thank you again for the build and especially for answering all these questoins here. I'm new to the game and this is really helpful for me. I got a few more questions regarding the hardcore build.

1- So, i asked before about puting the orb of storms in place of the portal. Since the inc crit strike might be needed for orb and EO, should i swap the faster casting for it? It would make summoning stone golem a bit slower but i guess its the price i'd have to pay. Or is there some other recommended setup?

2- Since you also recommended to swap the diamond flask for basalt, should i also look for different stats on sceptre + shield? According to the HC end game tree2 (life reg), the recommended sceptre has the following stats: increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells(still might be useful for orb, dunno) and Global Critical Strike Multiplier (probally useless for me). The recommended shield has: Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells. Jewels also seem to be in the same boat, focusing crit that is. Which of these stats should i swap out? And what for?

3- Also on the HC end game tree 2, there is 2 points allocated in power charge duration and maximum power charges. Since i'm not going for crit, i wont be getting the charges with Blast Cascade. I shouldn't skill these power charges nodes, right?

I guess this is it for now, sorry for the long questions and thank you again for your time.

--> (1) You could even drop Stone golem at some point. It's not that important, once your lifepool is high enough. But yes, just replace faster casting with inc crit strikes and portal with Orb of storms.

--> (2) You won't need any crit chance or multiplier on any of your gear pieces. Just focus on getting spelldamage/firedamage + ele damage to spells + attackspeed (and maybe even cast speed, but that one is not really important in my opinion)

--> (3) Yes, sorry that was an oversight, don't take any power charges.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hey man, your guide is awesome, probably the most comprehensive I've seen. I have some questions and comments about the hardcore tree since that's what I'm playing.

What do you think about going for skittering runes as a third Hardcore option?
You lose 15% Life, +20 base life and 1.8% life regen, but gain +20% curse strength. It also puts you 1 point away from Shaper, which is a nice 1% life regen.

Also, for the leveling trees, I found that taking Growth and Decay for the 2% life regen is an amazing QOL tech once you get The Covenant just to keep your life refilling from blood magic without using flasks until you get Combat Stamina.

Last, you said the build isn't Shaper viable because of the Flask issue, but with The Covenant and the 3.6% life regen from your life HC tree (or 5.6% if you grab Growth and Decay as well) that should be plenty of regen to pay for your mines shouldn't it?
I saw you already mentioned you would need about 500 per second, I didn't realize it was that high, I guess its because I'm not 6L yet. It looks like you would need GaD after all to get there, which would mean level 97 >.<
Last edited by Zephyrcape on Aug 29, 2017, 11:27:09 AM
how are you getting endurance charges for the IC?
Hi, I'm currently level 32, I have Doesdre's Damming Paua Ring and running Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. I am having massive issues with mana! I'm not sure what to do to solve this problem- do you have an advice? Many thanks
"
Megazillionz wrote:
Hi, I'm currently level 32, I have Doesdre's Damming Paua Ring and running Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. I am having massive issues with mana! I'm not sure what to do to solve this problem- do you have an advice? Many thanks

he uses blood magic for his mines, the gem until he gets his chest.
Last edited by Stormswa on Aug 29, 2017, 3:18:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info