[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
KikosLive wrote:
Yeah checked your char , looking really good!

just missing that helmet enchant that is a must. :-(
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 29, 2017, 4:04:22 AM
"
"
KikosLive wrote:
Yeah checked your char , looking really good!

just missing that helmet enchant that is a must. :-(

get this helm with the right enchantment if you can. i couldn't afford it when i started with this build in legacy league. i am surprised no one else is using it. atleast i haven't seen anyone but me.

also binbinhfr13 that glove enchantment does not work. it will never trigger when we use mines afaik.

people! buy a lvl 20 fnm gem as soon as you can use it. it will speed up everything for you. the author of this thread should put that in the guide if it isn't already. i see players here with lvl 18 gems and what not. it's just so silly.

i bought 20/20 corrupted fnm gem for 2 chaos in the beginning of the league. very cheap because very few players use that skill. no reason to ever use anything other than that.

you can level 6x fnm gems in your switch which you can attempt to corrupt for a lvl 21 gem later on.

Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 29, 2017, 12:22:27 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

people! buy a lvl 20 fnm gem as soon as you can use it. it will speed up everything for you. the author of this thread should put that in the guide if it isn't already. i see players here with lvl 18 gems and what not. it's just so silly.

i bought 20/20 corrupted fnm gem for 2 chaos in the beginning of the league. very cheap because very few players use that skill. no reason to ever use anything other than that.

you can level 6x fnm gems in your switch which you can attempt to corrupt for a lvl 21 gem later on.

Yes you are absolutely right ! The difference between a lvl 17 and a lvl 20 gem is gigantic. Will add that. Just forgot to mention it since this guide was meant for a fresh league , where no one owns high lvl gems.

Edit: Added this to the leveling section, thank you.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Apr 30, 2017, 12:59:25 PM
I just bought a FNM 20/20 for 20 chaos.

those corrupted with higher Q were too expensive for me.
by curiosity, what improvement did you get on your corrupted one ?

but I had the opportunity to buy a correct helmet with the right enchant (not the one you're talking about, I did not see it).

of course, I know for the glove enchant, but it was my last lab's try... next one will be better :-)

Anyway thx for all your advices.
oh, another question :
i am going to do uber-lab to get last ascendancy points and i wonder if in the saboteur subtree, i will go for blinding assault node, or just choosing 2 minor nodes :
- 4% speed + 10% elem dam (toward "blind assault" node)
- 8% mine laying speed + 10% elem dam (toward "chain reaction node")

the blind node itself does not seem very attractive to me... is it ?

weel i know that you will answer "go crit...." but i like all these extra mines and layering speed :-)
"
oh, another question :
i am going to do uber-lab to get last ascendancy points and i wonder if in the saboteur subtree, i will go for blinding assault node, or just choosing 2 minor nodes :
- 4% speed + 10% elem dam (toward "blind assault" node)
- 8% mine laying speed + 10% elem dam (toward "chain reaction node")

the blind node itself does not seem very attractive to me... is it ?

weel i know that you will answer "go crit...." but i like all these extra mines and layering speed :-)

Nah just go for blinding assault, immune to blind + 25% chance to create smoke cloud when hit is not that bad.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
KikosLive wrote:
Nah just go for blinding assault, immune to blind + 25% chance to create smoke cloud when hit is not that bad.

yes that's what i did, and it's not bad. Very good avoidance mechanism.
Now I just miss a 6L covenant, but they start at 3ex, far too much for my poor stash... ;-)
you'd have to use your own judgment but when i started fresh in legacy league with this build there were a lot of 20/20 corrupted (fail) fnm gems for just a few chaos on poe.trade

sometimes the quality of a gem does not make much of a difference so even a corrupted lvl 20 gem with no quality will be just fine. for example fireball. if you are playing crit based fireball getting 20% quality only increases your ignite chance making no difference.

"
what improvement did you get on your corrupted one ?

much higher damage. for spell casting gem levels are the most important. everything is based on the base damage of the active gem.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 7, 2017, 6:29:44 AM
Hi man i just started your build and it's going pretty smooth, do you recommend any other weapon?
"
Osadan wrote:
Hi man i just started your build and it's going pretty smooth, do you recommend any other weapon?

Singularity is pretty nice defensive wise, but other than that I'd just go for a good rare with a lot of ele dmg to spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info