[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

How come we don't do the chain reaction ascendancy?
"
ryzarector wrote:
How come we don't do the chain reaction ascendancy?

Chain reaction is only for traps and doesn't work for mines.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Thanks for the build Kikos :)

Hmm I was also wondering of ways to increase it to make it strongere/safer for HC.

It seems the damage is there - especially with the new armor The Covenent and even more so if we go assassin.

What do you guys think of mixing in MOM? With only a few more nodes it would give us more effective health. Of course we cannot reserve as much mana so we might have to dump artic armor, but wouldn't that be worth it to increase survivability vs end bosses?
Last edited by onklen on Apr 7, 2017, 3:58:36 PM
Thanks for the build Kikos,

I've reached level 80 in hardcore league for the first time yesterday :)
My previous character, a fire totem chieftain, was dead lvl 79 last year :/

This build is a lot more safe than I have expected. Temporal chain + enfeeble + arctic armor + shield + decoy totem are really comfortable and fire nova spamming is juicy :D

I'm slowly improving my equipment, progressing through the Atlas and if alive, I will start to turn critics soon.

Thanks again :)
Thank you for this awesome build, KikosLive!
It brings a lot of fun in Legacy League for me!

Just few moments which I want to discuss...
First of all (for end-game), are you sure to take Oak on Normal and not passive?

Second thing, I'm curious about Elemental Focus, cuz we using Fire Damage (most of all) and it ignites mobs, so may be we should use Empower/Controlled Destruction or anything else in 6L?
I have 5,4k DPS in tooltip unbuffed (with 49% crit chance and 303% multiplier) with non-maxed gems and bad jewel on 89lvl, but with 21/20 lvl Fire Nova Mine. What do you think will be better? Or you sure about Ele Focus?

And for last moment, what will be if we remove Enfeeble and put Flammability instead? It make sense, but without Ele Focus I suppose...

Thanks! Really cool build!

P.S.: Gear open in public ;)

Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
Slava_N wrote:
Thank you for this awesome build, KikosLive!
It brings a lot of fun in Legacy League for me!

Just few moments which I want to discuss...
First of all (for end-game), are you sure to take Oak on Normal and not passive?

Second thing, I'm curious about Elemental Focus, cuz we using Fire Damage (most of all) and it ignites mobs, so may be we should use Empower/Controlled Destruction or anything else in 6L?
I have 5,4k DPS in tooltip unbuffed (with 49% crit chance and 303% multiplier) with non-maxed gems and bad jewel on 89lvl, but with 21/20 lvl Fire Nova Mine. What do you think will be better? Or you sure about Ele Focus?

And for last moment, what will be if we remove Enfeeble and put Flammability instead? It make sense, but without Ele Focus I suppose...

Thanks! Really cool build!

P.S.: Gear open in public ;)

Hi ,
glad you are having fun with the build !

Don't underestimate the 40 Life, it's pretty good. I wouldn't trade them in for one skill point on any life build.

The ignites from FNM are very disappointing. I tried it out. Ignites don't stack, which means ignite is only really worth it for single huge hits but not many small hits. So while ignite is really good with Flameblast it kinda sucks with FNM. The "More Damage" from ele focus will give you more damage in the end than the ignites would.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Apr 13, 2017, 6:04:54 AM
Understood about Normal Oak, it was just my thoughts.
About ignites, it's very cool that you already tested this thing and now I will not thinking about it anymore.

I'm still upgrading my gear slowly, changed jewel already for more crit.
Got 6,6k DPS on tooltip unbuffed, but T15 corrupted, guardians and Shaper still very very hard or may be I'm just forcing and need to be more patient.

What do you think about best solution with Crit Chance and Crit Multiplier? I'm still reading some info about it, but a lil confused right now. Which gems will be more good - Crit Chance or Crit Damage or may be Controlled Destruction? I got 54% crit chance and 398 Multiplier (not best weapon, haven't multi at all).

Tell me your thoughts about this, thank you very much :)
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
Slava_N wrote:
Understood about Normal Oak, it was just my thoughts.
About ignites, it's very cool that you already tested this thing and now I will not thinking about it anymore.

I'm still upgrading my gear slowly, changed jewel already for more crit.
Got 6,6k DPS on tooltip unbuffed, but T15 corrupted, guardians and Shaper still very very hard or may be I'm just forcing and need to be more patient.

What do you think about best solution with Crit Chance and Crit Multiplier? I'm still reading some info about it, but a lil confused right now. Which gems will be more good - Crit Chance or Crit Damage or may be Controlled Destruction? I got 54% crit chance and 398 Multiplier (not best weapon, haven't multi at all).

Tell me your thoughts about this, thank you very much :)

Since saboteur doesn't give you any crit chance , I would stick to the crit chance sup gem, if you switch to assassin (which I would only recommend for uberlab farming/uber atziri farming / shaper farming) then I would probably switch to controlled destruction for insane damage. Your crit chance should still be high enough as assassin.

But I can't really tell you the formula for when it makes more sense to get multiplier instead of chance to crit. I guess some people have probably calculated it. But as long as you are below 50% with power charges up, I feel that chance > multiplier.
Last edited by KikosLive on Apr 13, 2017, 2:04:40 PM
Hi thanks for the build :D

i have some questions:

1) would the damage from multiple FNM stack? for example, placing two FNM with interacting areas cause the monster to suffer two times the damage?

2) does FNM increase damage from Herald of fire / ice?

Thanks for the reply :)
Q: What about a Tremor Rod? Useful / Not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info