"Life sucks" =! "Please nerf ES"

"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

What is more interesting is that rings/amulets can master craft 20% increased increased energy shield whereas life based builds cannot lol.

I guess the developers just hate life based or melee builds just like in diablo 3....

Yep, that is a conclusion that kinda jumps to you (instead of the other way round :D).

To be fair, though, you can get 20% increased eva/ armour on amulets as well and +flat life - so jewellery might not be so much better for ES than for life.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

What is more interesting is that rings/amulets can master craft 20% increased increased energy shield whereas life based builds cannot lol.

I guess the developers just hate life based or melee builds just like in diablo 3....

Yep, that is a conclusion that kinda jumps to you (instead of the other way round :D).

To be fair, though, you can get 20% increased eva/ armour on amulets as well and +flat life - so jewellery might not be so much better for ES than for life.

oh you again?

Guess i really need to block you permanently.
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

oh you again?

Guess i really need to block you permanently.

Yes, me again. And you didn't notice that I actually agreed with you.

Additionally I suggested that the 20% ES on amulets might not be that much better than the 20% AR/EVA and +flat life you could also get.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
YOU HAVE ACRO ARMOUR EVASION AS life based, With es you dont!
I'm not sure I follow convoluted and hidden messages in OP. All I know is that life-based builds along with melee have not been buffed since ever in terms of survivability. Last attempt was Fortify, which ended up as general buff used by all classes no matter what type of defenses or offenses they use.

I was greatly puzzled when I saw reworked map mods in Breach league that further penalized, although indirectly, life-based builds by introducing penalties to armor, evasion or dodge and buffs to mob accuracy. All of those impact mostly life-based builds as ES does not focus on those.

I dislike ES because it is not as accessible as life-based builds. I recognize ES has more potential than life but since it is nearly impossible to start as ES right away, I do not like to play such builds (I play as SSF at league start). I think life should be brought on par with ES in terms of scalability. GGG should also look at potions because their initial balancing assumptions are no longer valid--life potions are no longer advantage but rather liabiity, life potions reduce amount of utility flask we can use, which are very powerful.
ES needs no nerf. There are builds like Low Life who would be ruined with any nerf to ES. And forget ever playing hybrid AR/ES or EV/ES. And doesnt address the problem, life's pathetic state.

Life needs buffing 20-30% every node.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2017, 4:44:43 AM
People forget that this used to be 'Path of life nodes' before.

They tried to nerf 'life nodes' particularly, or make other nodes a better alternative, and in doing so ended up making ES a lot more stronger than life.

Any suggestions on how to fix up life now should take into account the 'path of life nodes' we had in the past, so we don't end up back there.

Secondly. Should we make life and ES equal? or should ES just be the 'premium' thing to go for?

I ask this because the way things are implemented, life is way more accessible on no currency, and ES is way stronger with currency. Was it by design?

Player's start at at 50 hp and gain 12 per level. That is 1k base life at lv80. For strength based builds, say 200 str at lv80 , thats 1100 base life.

With +180% life passives, that is already 3k hp without any +life on items. If you were say aiming for 6k life, the +life on your items only make up 50% of your total base life stats.

On the other hand, base ES is 0, even intelligence increases % Es and not base ES. Only discipline, a few ascendancies and a few starting passives give base ES. Everything else is dependant on items.

If this was not by design, and if we wanted to make life more scalable, we should be making +base life less per level, and increasing the max +life you can get on items. This however, will makes things worse for low currency players.
It has been said before and I agree that the problem does not lie in the high numbers of energy shield. It's the lack of mechanical difference to life. In the last week I played around with a CI char without leech (Detonate Dead build). 12k ES and still surprisingly fragile, had to kite A LOT. It's leech that's causing the discrepancy. Life and ES are the same atm but ES has far more HP to give. Buff life's numbers a little and let it leech more efficiently I'd say. (I'm not saying ES shouldn't leech, in the current meta leech is almost a necessity if you want to tackle all content, esp. guardians. make their arenas bigger ffs!)
"
wooli wrote:
People forget that this used to be 'Path of life nodes' before.

They tried to nerf 'life nodes' particularly, or make other nodes a better alternative, and in doing so ended up making ES a lot more stronger than life.

Any suggestions on how to fix up life now should take into account the 'path of life nodes' we had in the past, so we don't end up back there.

Secondly. Should we make life and ES equal? or should ES just be the 'premium' thing to go for?

I ask this because the way things are implemented, life is way more accessible on no currency, and ES is way stronger with currency. Was it by design?

Player's start at at 50 hp and gain 12 per level. That is 1k base life at lv80. For strength based builds, say 200 str at lv80 , thats 1100 base life.

With +180% life passives, that is already 3k hp without any +life on items. If you were say aiming for 6k life, the +life on your items only make up 50% of your total base life stats.

On the other hand, base ES is 0, even intelligence increases % Es and not base ES. Only discipline, a few ascendancies and a few starting passives give base ES. Everything else is dependant on items.

If this was not by design, and if we wanted to make life more scalable, we should be making +base life less per level, and increasing the max +life you can get on items. This however, will makes things worse for low currency players.

It was path of life when monsters did half DPS they do today and the nerf was appropriate. If it was even a nerf since they buffed leveling life...

Anyway point is ES can get 30K with T1 gear and 35 node. Life can only get 10K with T1 life gear and 35 nodes. Thats 1/3 EHP. Sure you have armor to bump EHP up but thats only vs phys attacks spells it's still 1/3 EHP. You can get 13K life wearing Kaoms/belly but thats still less than half. It's ridiculous.

Most players run with 12K ES and 6K life because they dont have T1 gears nor wish to take 35 node, there life gets into one shot territory. So ES has infinite more EHP.

I'd like to see life players running with 8K not having to wear belly/kaoms. It will still be much less than ES but ward off many one shots.. so 20-30% buff each node i think appropriate.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 25, 2017, 5:46:54 AM
i would say ES needs no nerf, but Life based gaming needs a huge big whoop up lift increase buff. Maybe to buff it, so it will give twice life than today. All I see are players playing CI, but not all of us like this kind of defense mechanic, when it comes to logg out macros, it is not good anymore.
But it is hard to find the right balance, when it comes to differnece between players. For some the game is not hard, they know how to deal with it, for a lot others the game is quite a challenge, when it is about getting higher than level84.
I think as a life based player the breaches are much more difficult to take than for CI.
Maybe the devs should have a closer look at the CI situation and also the breaches for life players. But always buff the weak things and do not nerf the good things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info