"Life sucks" =! "Please nerf ES"

Okay, so unless I am misreading something, life did not get buffed *at all* as far as I could see, yet ES got some nerfs in the form of energy from within/soulstrike/stasis map mod.

Uh...what?

Even with crazy ES you can still get one shot by random stuff. Über Izao for example has what...base 6K physical damage or something? Even stuff like magaera is dangerous to even defensively geared players. I honestly felt like ES was/is just about how strong defenses ought to be to be useful but not overpowered. Life on the other hand always feels really squishy to play. The solution is to nerf CI and ignore life based? Seriously? I really don't understand this. I feel like GGG just went and watched a video of someone using a super cheesy optimal 2000 exalt build then concluded based on that that ES was OP and everything else is balanced and fine.

Does anybody else feel like this is the total wrong solution to the ES/life discrepancy? Last I checked if you have one functional thing and one garbage thing, you buff the garbage thing, not nerf the functional thing. Life is simply not cutting it and needs help.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Nov 30, 2016, 8:52:07 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 5:25:49 PM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
stasis map mod.

This should only affect ZO, Occultist on-kill Asc, and Shavronne's Revelation users, which, I thought, were a minority of the ES-using population (except maybe the on-kill Asc, but Occultist still has the Recharge node before it to benefit from in those casees)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Glad someone else brought it up, I didn't want to be the one. But the meta in the arena is stacking ES CWDT/Thorns and people literally killing themselves attacking you...

Can't increase life nodes 1% across the board? or +5HP per level?? This is so easy to do before patch please GGG <3<3<3
"
adghar wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
stasis map mod.

This should only affect ZO, Occultist on-kill Asc, and Shavronne's Revelation users, which, I thought, were a minority of the ES-using population (except maybe the on-kill Asc, but Occultist still has the Recharge node before it to benefit from in those casees)

Well it's not huge but it's not a buff either. Shav's gambit with LL was a nice option but now I'm wary to use or rely on it at all.

Anyway I guess my complaint is moreso that life got no buff at all. I realize that life pools rely on other mitigation and so must remain smaller than ES or ES would be useless, but life based feels so squishy pretty much no matter what you do. I was really hoping for a buff for life, even something small would have been appreciated, i.e. " base life gained per level increased from 14 to 18" or something.
No changes to Life only reductions to life build defenses
An easy way to buff life and give it a unique identity from ES is to attach defense stats onto life
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last edited by Enzari on Nov 29, 2016, 9:44:05 PM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Okay, so unless I am misreading something, life did not get buffed *at all* as far as I could see, yet ES got some major nerfs in the form of energy from within/soulstrike/stasis map mod.

Uh...what?

Even with crazy ES you can still get one shot by random stuff. Über Izao for example has what...base 6K physical damage or something? Even stuff like magaera is dangerous to even defensively geared players. I honestly felt like ES was/is just about how strong defenses ought to be to be useful but not overpowered. Life on the other hand always feels really squishy to play. The solution is to nerf CI and ignore life based? Seriously? I really don't understand this. I feel like GGG just went and watched a video of someone using a super cheesy optimal 2000 exalt build then concluded based on that that ES was OP and everything else is balanced and fine.

Does anybody else feel like this is the total wrong solution to the ES/life discrepancy?

Are you trolling or just (for the lack of better word) not so bright ?

How is Energy From Within even a meaningful nerf , who cares about Soul Strike ? Crit CI Inquisitors don't , now that's for damn sure .

With crazy ES , you don't get oneshot - you afk and watch Twitch TV's chat while facerolling everything .

I feel that you're living in another very very special universe , that's how I feel when I look at this BS .
"
BestMageKR wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Okay, so unless I am misreading something, life did not get buffed *at all* as far as I could see, yet ES got some major nerfs in the form of energy from within/soulstrike/stasis map mod.

Uh...what?

Does anybody else feel like this is the total wrong solution to the ES/life discrepancy?

Are you trolling or just (for the lack of better word) not so bright ?

How is Energy From Within even a meaningful nerf , who cares about Soul Strike ? Crit CI Inquisitors don't , now that's for damn sure .

With crazy ES , you don't get oneshot - you afk and watch Twitch TV's chat while facerolling everything .

I feel that you're living in another very very special universe , that's how I feel when I look at this BS .

Thanks for the input bud, might help to read in between the lines and excercise a bit of logic before you comment.

As I already said, ES got nerfed. You can't deny this. Energy from within nerf is minor, but soulstrike is not minor. If you do not understand how it's useful for bow casters then I'm not going to be the one wasting time to enlighten you. Stasis mod is not trivial, there are plenty of ES builds which at east partially rely on ES regen. Reroll it? Sure, but that's a chaos gone.

Again, if you had read further than the first post, then you'd see that I said that the issue really is no life buffs, not the ES nerfs. If one thing is functional but another is sub par, you don't nerf the functional thing, you buff the sub par thing.

And no, you're not invulnerable with lots of ES alone, sorry. I'm guessing you haven't actually played an ES build versus the guardians or shaper if you think ES alone is OP. ES combined with Vaal pact, other mitigation, and stuff like vinktar is how you become immortal. Nerfing ES doesn't solve anything, the problem lies in leech and the fact that life pools are too small and armor/ES don't help you enough when it counts, which is single big hits.

You ought to be less obvious when you troll.

Edit; ah, you got me, congrats - I didn't see your join date and post count. Sad really that people make alts just to troll around.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Nov 29, 2016, 11:08:27 PM
"
adghar wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
stasis map mod.

I have no idea why they implemented this nerf, I guess maybe for consistency?
ZO regen is already affected by Stasis, no change there. It only affects Occultist on kill and Shavronne's Revelation, both I assume are not common.

The culprit or build that causes CI to be overpowered is Life Leech + Vaal Pact + CI is still there. It is really odd why they did that.
Maybe the nerf to how critical strikes give Flask charges (impossible to maintain Vinktar's) is enough to prevent Vaal Pact + Life Leech interaction?
Let me throw out some boosts then:
All Life Notables have increased Chaos Resistance.
All Armor Notables have increased Elemental Resistance.
All Evasion Notables have added Chance to avoid death if you hadn't had died recently.
Evasion now works against all projectiles, spell or attack.
All Melee Notables add an area appropriate defense increase.
You can click and hold a name locked melee attack and move around until you have a valid target instead of slapping air like an idiot.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info