Essence Stash Tabs

Essence stash tab is now useless with such a low droprate.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

^this. You better make a stash for divination cards (or buff spawnrate of essence :p )
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Malone wrote:

+1, especially in quest areas where essences would be great for levelling
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Yep. I got 3 on a play-through of normal (where they would be most useful). More Alchs than essences in fact.

The ability to sort them doesn't make sense at that rate.

Solution: Give us areas that favor certain events. Vaal Pyramid could favor vaal areas. Thicket could favor essences. Fellshrine/catacombs could be prime for ghosts. That way we could choose our own direction.
Can't wait!
I know that what i'm about to suggest may mean less money for GGG, at least in the short term.

I said it before for the currency tabs, and now it is even more relevant since we are not even sure this tabs are gonna be useful at all.

If GGG made "special tabs" into "mod of premium tabs", a.k.a., you can select a premium tab and make it a currency tab, then change back and so forth, it would be a nice gesture for everyone who has payed a lot in tabs, it would signal f2p players that maybe buying some premium tabs is worth the cost because GGG has your back.

Making new tabs, that you have to buy each time, only leaves a bad taste and the impression that they only want you to keep putting more money, even tho there are supporters who would keep paying just to help the company.

IMO GGG has made a big mistake in how they handle the stash system.

1) f2p players are every time something gets added, more screwed.

2) normal tabs buyers got fucked over when the premium tabs instead of just having a few nice thing started to get real value and functionality.

3) premium tabs buyers got left in the dust when the currency tab went live, as a new tab, when some of them maybe had already spent their points in more tabs or some skins since there was no sign that you would need to save points for future special tabs.

4) currency tab buyers (almost everyone not going f2p probably has got one, it's stupid to argue how efficient they are), now see a new tab, and again, maybe they don't have points left. So they start to see a trend.

It sucks to feel that GGG kinda made you think that this or that was a valid way to use your points, that nothing would be wrong, but now it turns out, since the last year o so, each group of players are being "motivated" to spend new money, not because they want, but because GGG is selling more and more "quality of life" or wrv word you want to use.

It's not about the money, it's about losing faith in GGG as a trust worthy company.

Now you can't know if you are doing a good or a bad investment in the game, since GGG is showing that out of the blue, they are capable of changing the "quality of life" micro-transactions policy, to one that looks pretty greedy and shady without any real warning.

They are going full Rift on this, and right now it seems that, since the skins are so fucking expensive, they are better of pushing new functional features that improve the game experience, and even allow you to be more efficient, which in a game it's hard to say what "win" means, is as close as it gets.

How long before they start crossing the "just cosmetic" line.

Oh, wait, they did, this "quality of life" bullshit, is newspeak for "features that should be in the game, but we decided to put them behind a pay wall".

If you think about it, they are considering changing the essence drop rate to make the new tab something players may actually want.

That's designing the game with the product they want to sell as a compass.

The "ethical micro transactions only" is a memory from a past time long gone.

And as a lawyer myself, it blows my mind how bad they are at selling their own narrative.

For fuck sake, the way GGG destroyed their own "better than god" image, to what they look like today, is rather insulting.

I want my evil corporate overlords to sell me shit properly covered in beautiful and wonderful tales, which are completely bullshit, but at least they have to try to spin the story.

This is so lazy they show not a single grain of respect to their costumers.
"
And as a lawyer myself, it blows my mind how bad they are at selling their own narrative.

Sweet mercy that was a long post for a whole lot of nothing. This was probably my favorite line, you think anybody cares about your philosophy on microtransactions.

The 100% fact of it is that none of these transactions give you a massive benefit over someone else. There's nothing I can't do if I didn't buy these, if a few more clicks is that inconvenient to you then I don't know how you survived law school.
I was like 'omg a must buy!' at first but then I encountered the new drop rate. I sure as hell won't be wasting any points on this tab.
It's a great idea, but with the current drop rate it's probably only worth buying for people that play Standard. League doesn't last long enough for essence to accumulate.
The tabs are "pay to" something. But win? Nah. Pay to play. Maybe. Pay to hoard. Pay to collect. But win? Not at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info