Bitcoin Microtransactions

I've been trading with bitcoin now quite successfully since 2011. It's really not rocket science. I'm just a bit surprised at the level of willful ignorance in these posts.

I mean it's like you want to keep driving horse and buggies because you're little banana republic is built on sham trusts and and stupid people remaining stupid.

It's actually pretty sad.

I've been trading with stocks now quite successfully since 2011. It's really not rocket science. I'm just a bit surprised at the level of willful ignorance in these posts.

I mean it's like you want to keep driving horse and buggies because YOUR little banana republic is built on sham trusts and and stupid people remaining stupid.

It's actually pretty sad.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
"
anubite wrote:
You're not serious, are you? Do you actually think bitcoins are going to be a viable, longterm currency? lol go read some research papers on bitcoin, you'll save yourself some moola in the long run

ye, it's actually the best time to monetize all the bitcoins and wait till it get banned from exchange markets everywhere, and just watch calmly how much companies will get burned with it.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Put your money where your mouth. If half of you fools had a brain you'd short it. Instead your whining on a forum about how bad bitcoin is.

Just more meaningless trash talk from the peanut gallery.
By the way not sure if you know how black markets are created but the best way in the world to ensure it's success is to ban it at the exchanges.

I'm actually hoping for the day.

If you can't figure out why this is you have no business talking economics.
Bitcoin will definitely fail because its only strengths are mathematics, the free market and the Internet — both of which are clearly just temporary fads.

Oh yeah I almost forgot bitcoin is a bubble.

Same thing I said last year only now it is an even bigger bubble!
Some reasons to accept Bitcoin payments:

1. Bitcoin is the most efficient way to transfer value.
2. In some countries the banking situation is even worse than in the western world, they may have trouble paying with the currently offered methods but they can easily send bitcoins.
3. Bitcoin has a strong ideologically driven community willing to support businesses in the new digital economy. (Myself included! I have no plans to buy MTX as things stand now, but will happily do so once Bitcoin is accepted.)

I'll mention again what's been said before that there is no cost or risk for GGG. They can integrate with a service like BitPay or Coinbase that does all the technical and financial heavylifting. GGG specifies a price in USD, and then the service collects the correct amount of bitcoins from the customer and sends the USD/NZD/Whatever to GGG.

Not sure why you are all preferring an antiquated financial system to a technology-based money that empowers everyone to take control of their wealth and use it freely and easily without the need of middlemen. This is the future, and it has growing pains just like any other revolutionary technology. You should have seen the internet and how people talked about it when it first appeared :)

"
anubite wrote:
You're not serious, are you? Do you actually think bitcoins are going to be a viable, longterm currency? lol go read some research papers on bitcoin, you'll save yourself some moola in the long run

I've read research papers on Bitcoin. I've written research papers on Bitcoin. I've been on a peer review committee of research papers on Bitcoin.

And yes, of course I believe Bitcoin is going to be a viable long-term currency.

Make sure that what you're reading are actually the research papers and not news reports that present a negative spin about those papers.

"
DasName wrote:
"
Kazigath wrote:
Can you speak plainly?

We do not want bitcoins because bitcoins are bad.
Bitcoins are bad because bitcoins are the easiest way to trade items for real money.

That's a silly argument. If GGG accepts Bitcoin for MTX it does not make it any easier for people to trade bitcoins for in-game items.
Want to trade currency easily? Join the Traders Guild! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/941806
Last edited by HolyFire3 on Apr 24, 2014, 2:58:04 PM
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

Why?

GGG is not in the US so this ruling shouldn't affect them directly. Furthermore, if they take the easy route we suggested with a payment service provider, it doesn't affect them since they're never in possession of bitcoins.

As far as Bitcoin's future is concerned, either this ruling will be overturned, or we'll learn how to work with it. Bitcoin's vision is too big to let some technical ruling stop it.
Want to trade currency easily? Join the Traders Guild! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/941806

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info