Bitcoin Microtransactions

Allow the use of Bitcoins in paying for microtransactions.
ign: weaklygdlk
"Charge chicken is dangerous, they are master of killing me." - fasknifer
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I second this notion
Steam:Gonejah
This would be a great way to support Bitcoins.
IGN: Blaze_Ember
"
vmrob wrote:
This would be a great way to support Bitcoins.
But probably not a very good way to support the game.

And honestly, poe is a far more worthwhile product than either bitcins or buttcoins. They should focus on accepting real money that can support servers and whatnot first.
I think GGG would totally accept Bitcoin based on it's performance over the last 3 years. They are welcome not to, because I will totally sell items for BTC anyhow.
Well, it would be interesting, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

However, more and more hosting/server providers start to accept them, so ... maybe one day, who knows ?
Never give up, never surrender !
Selling microtransactions for currency that varies widely in value, changing constantly throughout the day? Probably not a great business decision.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Bitcoin is pretty much the most volatile currency in existence at the moment, so i don't see this happening.
You should take bitcoins, a lot of other website take them. You can use bitpay to get USD for the bitcoins and avoid risk. I do that on my website and its very easy. There is no reason for not taking bitcoin apart from ideological ones mentioned by ignorant people.
"

And honestly, poe is a far more worthwhile product than bitcoins

You have no clue about Bitcoin, obviously. To get some clue and eventualy understand the most important aspects of it, it will take months regardless of how much time you put into it per day or your IQ. It is that massive and complex. Bitcoin is truly epic, it is as high-tech as some project can be. Of course, you can stay ignorant on it and end up laughed at by Bitcoiners (check link bellow) but at some point in future you will need to learn about cryptocurrencies because there will be no other currencies. The world is shifting from physical money to digital money. Bitcoin or not, digital money will be massive and complex. If you fail to understand it, you will most likely lose all or some of your digital money by mistake, hackers or some other way.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264514.0

"
WhiteBoy wrote:
Selling microtransactions for currency that varies widely in value, changing constantly throughout the day? Probably not a great business decision.

With solutions like BitPay, it makes no difference how much it varies when you get USD or EUR the moment you make transaction. Put differently, if your product costs $100 and someone buys it with bitcoins over BitPay, that person will pay X amount of bitcoins that will be exchanged to USD or EUR instantly and you will get $100 regardless of BTC price the next moment.

PoE accepting BTC would be massive news that would help PoE more than Bitcoin.
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Last edited by tormenta on Aug 6, 2013, 5:02:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info