Announcing the Breach Challenge League and Path of Exile 2.5.0

OMFG HYPE HYPEEEEEEE TAKE MY MONEY WILL BE BUYING BREACH SUPPORTER PACKS HECK YE !
Agan NO passive tree changes?
Last edited by pijanapanda on Nov 19, 2016, 6:43:23 AM
nikoon, well poe is a very decent game, but it never was a hardcore one, if only for casual gamers it should look like that. And hardcore with just 1 life without other changes is'n what makes it hard, not close to DMC 3 Hell & Hell. There are people who even call Dark Souls a hard game now a days, they sure didn't see real challenge for example on snes, but poe has very creative mechanics, to create your own unique builds, that's what makes atleast me, to return from time to time : )
Thank you so much!
Started to think about "Stranger Things" hah, really awesome series by the way.

This looks amazing, i will for sure play it, thank you for awesome content once again,
but don't stop listening to your veteran players, that is very important, you will figure something out im sure of it.

Cya in Wraeclast!
"
Yorhen wrote:
nikoon, well poe is a very decent game, but it never was a hardcore one, if only for casual gamers it should look like that. And hardcore with just 1 life without other changes is'n what makes it hard, not close to DMC 3 Hell & Hell. There are people who even call Dark Souls a hard game now a days, they sure didn't see real challenge for example on snes, but poe has very creative mechanics, to create your own unique builds, that's what makes atleast me, to return from time to time : )

You did not play pre-nerfed Invasion league or Beyond league or Bloodline league?? Did you? Path of Exile USED to be VERY hard game.. Not anymore..
The more I see the less impressed I am. Might give this league a miss.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
The more damage you inflict on them, the more treasure they'll part with during their escape.

You got to be kidding...
Why not just make a league where you only get the 1mil dps meta gems and items and just ignore every kind of variety this game offered once.
Really disapointed -.-"
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
"
Darkrox wrote:
"
The more damage you inflict on them, the more treasure they'll part with during their escape.

You got to be kidding...
Why not just make a league where you only get the 1mil dps meta gems and items and just ignore every kind of variety this game offered once.
Really disapointed -.-"

Was thinking about the same ....

And not a big fan of skippable content only in temp leagues =(.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 19, 2016, 8:49:30 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
Ok we got golden perandus mobs, now we have purple breach mobs.. Another content I can easily skip.. Can you PLZ GGG go back to format where hc version of league where different to sc? I understand that majority of kids want easy challenges and not to be challenged at all, but there are still a mature audience who want to be game HARD.. Something like beyond league or invasion league, hard content you CANNOT skip.. Think about it GGG, otherwise you lose all veteran players..

+1
that's why i skip HC league ....why to waste my time to play hc for the same rewards like are in sc ...
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
nikoon wrote:
Can you PLZ GGG go back to format where hc version of league where different to sc? I understand that majority of kids want easy challenges and not to be challenged at all, but there are still a mature audience who want to be game HARD.. Something like beyond league or invasion league, hard content you CANNOT skip.. Think about it GGG, otherwise you lose all veteran players..

If you don't like this league, then how does having a different HC league fix it? It just gives you another place to play, not fixes the current one. May as well just ask them to change Breach league itself in the first place. There is a HC temp league already - of Breach. To make a different one, they'd have to design a whole new league, which is both tough on them what with being busy making Act 5 and often led to confusion and complaints by players in the past, who were frequently conflicted due to having to choose between different league mechanics rather than just between SC or HC.

Also note that both Beyond and especially Invasion were controversial leagues in their time, precisely because you couldn't skip their content. Loads of people didn't like being forced to deal with the Beyond/Invasion mobs even when they didn't feel like it. Hence why, from Talisman league onwards, they've been moving towards making these mechanics more optional (Talisman was mostly optional while Prophecy and Essence league are entirely optional, which seems to be the case with this league too). Optional doesn't necessarily mean easier, though. The content can be as hard as ever - it's just that you can choose whether to engage with it or not. These changes have been made directly in response to player feedback and, mostly, seem to have gone down well (the powercreep issue is a broader problem with the state of the game itself, not with any specific league), so I doubt they're going to go back to the old way again.

In your case, I recommend a simpler solution - just refuse to skip any of the content. The key difference is that it's optional, but that means you can simply choose to never make use of that option i.e. open every Breach you find and fight every Breachlord you can get to. Others are free to skip the content if they want while you're free to engage with it. Why does how other people choose to play this league have to affect you? It seems rather unfair to have an entire league designed in a manner that inconveniences others just to suit some sort of veteran ideals you seem to hold.

tl;dr: Difficulty is about the level of challenge, NOT the level of lock-in i.e. the absence of options. Difficult content makes you struggle, but that has nothing to do with whether that content was forced on you or not. This comes from someone who's been in this game since before release, btw.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 19, 2016, 9:14:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info