Announcing the Breach Challenge League and Path of Exile 2.5.0

I know GGG will not return to old league format.. Just saying that veteran players who want to compete in extremely tough environment have currently no optional league to compete in.. And if good players will not be challenged they will leave and find another game, simple as that..

"Loads of people didn't like being forced to deal with the Beyond/Invasion mobs"
noone forced them to play the leagues in first place, so you totally missed a point on that one.

Telling me that I have an option to open every single Breach and challenge my self is a great advice, but why would I do that when others in the same league would be running easy shaped Strands? Does it seem as fair competition to you? Dont think so.. The basic principle of competing is having the SAME rules and SAME challenges for all participants..
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 19, 2016, 9:21:30 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
I know GGG will not return to old league format.. Just saying that veteran players who want to compete in extremely tough environment have currently no optional league to compete in.. And if good players will not be challenged they will leave and find another game, simple as that..

I'm a veteran player too. And I've given you a simple solution above - just engage with all the league content yourself and let others choose not to engage with its content if they so wish. Your enjoyment of the league ought not to have anything to do with how they choose to play it.
"
nikoon wrote:
"Loads of people didn't like being forced to deal with the Beyond/Invasion mobs"
noone forced them to play the leagues in first place, so you totally missed a point on that one.

There's more than one level at which choice is exercised, you know. That's like saying a girl who's consented to sex must also consent to bondage - every time. Sometimes you feel like it, sometimes you don't. Optional mechanics simply allow you to control your own experience more. How is that bad?

"
nikoon wrote:
Telling me that I have an option to open every single Breach and challenge my self is a great advice, but why would I do that when others in the same league would be running easy shaped Strands? Does it seem as fair competition to you? Dont think so.. The basic principle of competing is having the SAME rules and SAME challenges for all participants..

Yes, actually it does seem like fair competition to me. Precisely because, guess what, it isn't a competition to begin with. Sorry to break it to you - we aren't all constantly trying to outplay you. There's Race seasons for that. Temp Leagues are not Races.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 19, 2016, 9:28:19 AM
OK you probably missed what whole "competition thing" means.. Whatever.. If I wanna enjoy myself I can also play D1 single player, right?

If GGG wants PoE become casual as D3 did, perhaps its fair to tell fans straight.. And we move on..
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 19, 2016, 9:27:42 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
OK you probably missed what whole "competition thing" means.. Whatever.. If I wanna enjoy myself I can also play D1 single player, right?

Yes, as a matter of fact, you can. If you so choose. So go forth and exercise that choice and leave others to exercise their own. Simple.
I just want to say thank you for the steady and constant stream of updates, content, and improvements!

Thanks!
*sigh* every new league after Prophecy is a bit of a let down. Just a few new mechanics and recipes, not really new *content*. The only possibly new content I see is way too far end-game in the league in a Breachlord's domain. Is that a new map? Oh well, really happy for the new DX11 and 64-bit client to be debugged and fully supported. And looking forward to the cloaks at least! :-)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
Witcher123456 wrote:
Sitting here with my wife's son and we are so excited!

Eh? Your wife's son but not yours? :))

He's raising someone else's child, i guess
Yeaaaahhh !!
http://www.path-of-exile.fr/
These updated ruined my performance! keep getting 13 fps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info