[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Vertiblade wrote:
What exactly does Rats Cage add to make this so powerful?

The Rat Cage converts a portion of fire damage taken to physical damage thus every ignite we dish out (and self-inflicts fire damage) will make us retaliate with VMS. Boom Boom Boom ... boss dead.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Vertiblade wrote:
What exactly does Rats Cage add to make this so powerful?

The Rat Cage converts a portion of fire damage taken to physical damage thus every ignite we dish out (and self-inflicts fire damage) will make us retaliate with VMS. Boom Boom Boom ... boss dead.

Massively Boom boom boom, at that. Expect your computer to just freeze up until the boss is dead boom boom boom. It's hilariously effective in part because the VMS has a tendency to *proc itself*: something ignites boss, you take fire damage from eye, so you take phys damage due to rat cage, so VMS triggers, which has a really good chance of igniting the boss on its own (especially if you've got one with high quality), rinse and repeat. Of course, at full tilt we're igniting at a breakneck pace anyway, but when DPS begets more DPS you're in for a funny time.

I'm sort of eager for the conclusion of the league because of this. I was around for Torment and got a Rat Cage to drop during that league, so I've got one just burning a hole in my Standard inventories. Haven't been willing to spend what I need to get one in Breach thus far, though if I get frustrated by guardians any more I will probably shell out. Though at the moment I'm leveling up a duelist (I've never actually played one before, remarkably), so that's not likely to happen for a while.

Incidentally, if one is considering dropping the razor at least for boss fights, then using the Rise of the Phoenix shield would be an excellent balance to the rat cage when fighting bosses that deal fire damage. It'd combine for a net +3% max fire resistance. The shield would block you getting ignited while on low life, but this is a nominal drawback for us: we shouldn't be on low life for more than a fraction of a second at any given time, and this doesn't block the fire damage the eye is doing (and thus doesn't stop the physical damage the rat cage is doing). The shield would also make running ele reflect and using the VMS+Rat Cage combo still viable.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 12, 2017, 8:14:09 PM
Elem Focus prevents VMS from igniting and "perpetuating" itself. Better use CD and CE then at the expense of a few % "more" damage. ;)
hahahahahah
I W I N GG
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
VMS has very nice damage modifier ( 200% ) so damage support is also nice there. My colors allow only green support ( so added ice damage). In my dreams i have added chaos damage or lightning :)

And this feeling of one stage bosses (without immunity and so on) tanked right in face with taming and Emberwake.

Last edited by lapilesos on Jan 13, 2017, 6:26:25 AM
So much fun with this build ! Thanks a lot, the best I have tried by far.
Lvl 80 I got Taming and Emberwake. 6.6k life with Belly. I tank almost everything without the slightest problem, but, and its weird, some "little" bosses still one shot me.
Last example, T13 Scriptorium map boss. I go as usual just in front and one sec later I am dead.
No disturbing mod on map (reverb, vulnerabilities, ... ). Do you too have problem withthis boss ?
Another one shot Wasteland boss (T11)
Last edited by Scipion75 on Jan 13, 2017, 12:25:56 PM
I could finally afford a taming and had an emberwake so made the switch. Love the build even more now!!! just over 7k HP at the mo, still trying to 6L my 40% belly so making do with my 5L 37% one.

As the previous poster states, I also get the odd 1 shots, usually on totem maps if I lag out! But also sometimes from bosses for no apparent reason. Bloody annoying as im 90 and need another point for barbarism.

The dual moko setup was great, dont get me wrong, but the taming / emberwake combo really help with the single target dps and doesnt slow clearing down that much for me.

"
Scipion75 wrote:
and its weird, some "little" bosses still one shot me.
Last example, T13 Scriptorium map boss. I go as usual just in front and one sec later I am dead.
No disturbing mod on map (reverb, vulnerabilities, ... ). Do you too have problem withthis boss ?

It's not her damage that kills you but your own... ;)

When Shavronne has her thorns aura all damage will be reflected as lightning damage. Purity of Lightning and Topaz Flask will take care of that.

"
Scipion75 wrote:
Another one shot Wasteland boss (T11)

Tons of phys damage from Voll... use Granite/Basalt flasks and/or bring Kaom's Heart to the fight.
Thank you Tomay for your infinite patience with noob players who sometimes speak before thinking. But it must take some time before knowing so well each boss and their weaknesses.
I guess there is some wiki somewhere.
I have Kaom and now bring it to switch before bosses fight. Just did it in ULab. It went good till the very last fight ... I confirm tanking ok vs Izaro, I died in last fight I didnt see well I suppose I was in a trap.
Cheers.
Last edited by Scipion75 on Jan 13, 2017, 2:01:36 PM
Could abberath boots be better than rare ones ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info