[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
TiagoRox wrote:
Is this build still viable?

Could it do uber lab? Atziri?

I'm thinking to begin a new build, but i have only 3 exalt to spend. I tried a summoner, a blade vortex and a warchief and none of them worked. I can't do high tier maps with them (like tier 13, 14 or 15). I can't even do uber lab with them.

Yes u can do uber lab, but with pain as and atziri (vaal pact die on trap and ignite immun). All befor t15 easy face tanked for me. Its not high dps build and that a probem with guardian and some t15 boss.
Last edited by Arp0 on Jan 11, 2017, 6:46:12 PM
"
tomay wrote:
If you encounter a a boss with 45% fire resistance (and there are quite a few) the damage with EF is still reduced by 16% (lvl 5 Flammability = -29%). With FP the resista

Nope. Curses have 60% less effect against bosses. So a level 5 flammability will only apply -11% fire resist to a boss (or maybe -12%, depending on how it does the rounding; it's 11.6% raw). As I recall, the calculation I did earlier in the thread gave the cut-off for EF vs. FP for straight damage is at 25% (lower: go ef; above: go pen). So against a 45% resist boss and using a level 5 flammability you're better off with penetration for raw damage (plus it gives those burns you like to argue for). Against a 35% resist boss, EF gives you slightly more punch, but not by a lot in this case, without burns accounted for. My Blasphemy aura takes off 52 (or 53, depending on rounding) base, so 20 (or 21) from bosses, taking every curse-susceptible boss without other curse-nerfing mods or +resistance mods on the map to the threshold or lower. I'm still using Fire Penetration right now, mind you. It's a quality of life matter, not having to swap colors and gems whenever running curse-nerf or resistance mods.

"
TiagoRox wrote:
Is this build still viable?

Could it do uber lab? Atziri?

I'm thinking to begin a new build, but i have only 3 exalt to spend. I tried a summoner, a blade vortex and a warchief and none of them worked. I can't do high tier maps with them (like tier 13, 14 or 15). I can't even do uber lab with them.

I've done Uber lab, easily. No Kaom's necessary; just a rare chest and about 7k life. You just have to bring the right set of flasks. Two life flasks, a basalt, a granite, and a quicksilver are my suggested ones. Get +armor% on one (granite would be suitable), anti-bleed on at least one (basalt + life), and +movement speed on another (quicksilver usually). With these you should have a large amount of physical mitigation (68% for me) on tooltip, plus super high speed movement to get you through annoying sections quickly with minimal damage.

Always remember: flasks and their proper usage are the #1 most important thing for any build's survival. Sometimes you have to adjust them to the situation. Such as running labs with a vaal pact build.

Bringing along a leap slam or lightning warp in your second weapon set can help a lot, too, as there are usually a number of situations where traps can be completely avoided by jumping between (relatively) safe spots.

I've done regular Atziri deathless and effortlessly, but haven't attempted Uber.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 11, 2017, 9:21:17 PM
Question Sir?

What would be the Gems for the Rat Cage?

Sorry this is my first time doing this build

Thank You
I've been playing this build for quite a while.

I might be mistaken, but do you ever get to a point where it might be appropriate to drop Rise of the Seventh Sun for... don't know, a shield. Or a 2nd weapon that buffs damage(?)

I'm starting to consider it given that vaal pact + sceptre procs (with or without taking a savage hit) seems to keep me healthy, but I don't know how dumb of an idea it is. What gives?
Tomay, this build feels pretty powerful with Taming and Emberwake and with Fire Penetration - thank you for hint.

Just wounder how Rise of Seventh Sun mod (100% increased burning damage counteracts with embewake's 80% less.

How do you guys deal with the dark forest boss, the wolf king? Im having a hard time beating him lol
"
FatalBlondeux wrote:
I have the Hysteria Helmet & i use AFD to power up Firestorm because not enouth chrom (for the moment) to make 2 blues sockets... maybe it's useless

It is indeed... maybe you should read the gem tag again. ;)

Added Fire Damage only scales from physical damage, not from elemental damage (such as Firestorm).
Last edited by tomay on Jan 12, 2017, 6:47:26 AM
"
lucksickle wrote:
I've been playing this build for quite a while.

I might be mistaken, but do you ever get to a point where it might be appropriate to drop Rise of the Seventh Sun for... don't know, a shield. Or a 2nd weapon that buffs damage(?)

I'm starting to consider it given that vaal pact + sceptre procs (with or without taking a savage hit) seems to keep me healthy, but I don't know how dumb of an idea it is. What gives?

Razor is great to heal lots of lesser hits while clearing. It's not crucial for boss fights. If you want to swap Razor at boss fights I recommend a shield, preferably one with high spell damage (up to 94%) and high life (up to 109), use SC or LS to gain Fortify. The highest damage boost would come from Doryani's Catalyst (up to 132%) or some insane rare sceptre/wand but these would not increase the health pool.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 12, 2017, 7:17:19 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Curses have 60% less effect against bosses.

True that, the reason why I cast max level curses manually at bosses.

"
TimeDilation wrote:
I've done Uber lab, easily. No Kaom's necessary; just a rare chest and about 7k life. You just have to bring the right set of flasks.

Always remember: flasks and their proper usage are the #1 most important thing for any build's survival.

Ah, but this is first and foremost an AFK build, the aim being to kill bosses with no or as little user interaction as possible. Sure, it may be possible to kill Uber Izaro with Tabula Rasa... if you don't mind running for dear life and popping flasks like there's no tomorrow. None of this is required with Kaom's Heart. If one intends to use this build for Uber Izaro farming then Kaom's Heart is a great investment.

"Running" the lab itself is no big deal indeed with some extra health pots and Leap Slam.
"
tomay wrote:
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Curses have 60% less effect against bosses.

True that, the reason why I cast max level curses manually at bosses.

"
TimeDilation wrote:
I've done Uber lab, easily. No Kaom's necessary; just a rare chest and about 7k life. You just have to bring the right set of flasks.

Always remember: flasks and their proper usage are the #1 most important thing for any build's survival.

Ah, but this is first and foremost an AFK build, the aim being to kill bosses with no or as little user interaction as possible. Sure, it may be possible to kill Uber Izaro with Tabula Rasa... if you don't mind running for dear life and popping flasks like there's no tomorrow. None of this is required with Kaom's Heart. If one intends to use this build for Uber Izaro farming then Kaom's Heart is a great investment.

"Running" the lab itself is no big deal indeed with some extra health pots and Leap Slam.

You can't afk walking around, though. That's always manual. And in the lab, walking around unprepared gets you killed. Hence, flasks for survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info