[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
pitty wrote:
This build doesn't really hold up in endgame, due to the low amounts of life, 7k is about the max you're going to get even while wearing rat's cage. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun build but doesn't stand up to the big 1 shots.

I tried to throw some more defensive gems like CWDT with Immortal Call, Enfeeble and Flammability.
I also just removed a standard 6L chest in favor of Rats Cage so i can always have Vaal Molten Shell ready without switching chests in and out. VMS is also on the wand to save some Socket space, and Arctic Armor is on the Sword also.

I understand what you are saying, I just dont agree and I even play the game like a crazy person. However I am of course biased as the maker of this build X).

Now if using belly of the beast + 2 unset rings with life on them on your ring slots you should hit around 7.5k life, with fortify from whirling blades it is equalent to 9.4k life. If you go with my offence setup, you hit 7k life with belly, with fortify equalent to 8.8k life.

Now being at 6.3k life as I am with tabula, I hardly ever die from one shots unless I am running really nasty mods on the map. Things that will still one shot is vaal temple, vaal smash, core smash and palace dominus smash etc. These are wind up hits that you usually have a extreme amount of time to use to the advantage of reacting. Still, those things oneshots about every build out there that doesnt go for 15k ish healthpool. However, even with a 15k es setup, you will get instakilled by bearers and herald of obelisks packs if they are large enough. This build makes it worse as it is really hard to see them.

I also have 21% inc. life on my tree that is missing on yours, but somewhat compensated with 1 more jewel slot, but still 14% missing. This is like 200-250 hp. Your enfeeble however covers this by a big margin (assuming you have it on the mobs you want to avoid the one shots from).

The immortal call on berserker is not recommended as it gives us immunity only for 0.6 seconds every 3 secs, that is 2.4 secs without immortal call and 0.6 secs with immortal call. Warlords mark would help you some, as it gives endurance charges. But in the fights where you need it, that is boss fights, it won't help either as you wont kill mobs that normally give endurance charges. The best alternative if you really want that, is going juggernaut, as it will loop your immortal call, giving you permanent phys immunity through the fights. The downside is losing berserker's cloaked in savagery. This means that elemental bosses will be more of a hazzle. The upside is that you can invest in more life instead of the path to vaals pact.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Nov 5, 2016, 7:20:15 AM
If we havent access to The Taming we should use Emberwake+Mokou's, Emberwake+Rare, Rare+Mokou's or maybe a Doedre's Daming and go dual curse?

Is a serious problem to take Emberwake+Mokou+Belly because you get tons of fire resistances.

My gear right now...

Spoiler

Items that I have but I need to get better gloves first...

Spoiler
Last edited by sergio_thor92 on Nov 5, 2016, 1:13:30 PM
"
sergio_thor92 wrote:
If we havent access to The Taming we should use Emberwake+Mokou's, Emberwake+Rare, Rare+Mokou's or maybe a Doedre's Daming and go dual curse?

Is a serious problem to take Emberwake+Mokou+Belly because you get tons of fire resistances.

Emberwake is not so good without taming. I would instead go for moku's + unset rare ring or moku's + doedre's for dual cursing.

Best of luck!
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
pitty wrote:
This build doesn't really hold up in endgame, due to the low amounts of life, 7k is about the max you're going to get even while wearing rat's cage. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun build but doesn't stand up to the big 1 shots.

I tried to throw some more defensive gems like CWDT with Immortal Call, Enfeeble and Flammability.
I also just removed a standard 6L chest in favor of Rats Cage so i can always have Vaal Molten Shell ready without switching chests in and out. VMS is also on the wand to save some Socket space, and Arctic Armor is on the Sword also.

I understand what you are saying, I just dont agree and I even play the game like a crazy person. However I am of course biased as the maker of this build X).

Now if using belly of the beast + 2 unset rings with life on them on your ring slots you should hit around 7.5k life, with fortify from whirling blades it is equalent to 9.4k life. If you go with my offence setup, you hit 7k life with belly, with fortify equalent to 8.8k life.

Now being at 6.3k life as I am with tabula, I hardly ever die from one shots unless I am running really nasty mods on the map. Things that will still one shot is vaal temple, vaal smash, core smash and palace dominus smash etc. These are wind up hits that you usually have a extreme amount of time to use to the advantage of reacting. Still, those things oneshots about every build out there that doesnt go for 15k ish healthpool. However, even with a 15k es setup, you will get instakilled by bearers and herald of obelisks packs if they are large enough. This build makes it worse as it is really hard to see them.

I also have 21% inc. life on my tree that is missing on yours, but somewhat compensated with 1 more jewel slot, but still 14% missing. This is like 200-250 hp. Your enfeeble however covers this by a big margin (assuming you have it on the mobs you want to avoid the one shots from).

The immortal call on berserker is not recommended as it gives us immunity only for 0.6 seconds every 3 secs, that is 2.4 secs without immortal call and 0.6 secs with immortal call. Warlords mark would help you some, as it gives endurance charges. But in the fights where you need it, that is boss fights, it won't help either as you wont kill mobs that normally give endurance charges. The best alternative if you really want that, is going juggernaut, as it will loop your immortal call, giving you permanent phys immunity through the fights. The downside is losing berserker's cloaked in savagery. This means that elemental bosses will be more of a hazzle. The upside is that you can invest in more life instead of the path to vaals pact.

Thanks for the reply, i do love the build. Maybe I'm doing endgame wrong, but Nasty mods on maps are pretty common when the atlas wants you to corrupt endgame maps/bosses. I went up against the Minotaur with 6.5k and his underground burrow was insta gibbing me, there was literally no time to avoid it. Maybe I'm just too told and slow, but I'm dying heaps in t14/t15 maps. Need to either up the HP or roll a different build. thanks for the tips and build anyway it was fun. 6 linking a belly is probably beyond me at this stage of the game, but i will try your suggestions.
Sorry for noob question but why you need high attack speed?
"
pitty wrote:

Thanks for the reply, i do love the build. Maybe I'm doing endgame wrong, but Nasty mods on maps are pretty common when the atlas wants you to corrupt endgame maps/bosses. I went up against the Minotaur with 6.5k and his underground burrow was insta gibbing me, there was literally no time to avoid it. Maybe I'm just too told and slow, but I'm dying heaps in t14/t15 maps. Need to either up the HP or roll a different build. thanks for the tips and build anyway it was fun. 6 linking a belly is probably beyond me at this stage of the game, but i will try your suggestions.

Thanks man!

The charm of the game is we all try till we find what works for us. It makes me happy that it was a bit of fun to try the build, even if the results wasn't as expected :)

Using an active skill is really nice against everything that doesnt one shot, as it even further guarantees that savage hits will make you insta leech to full life. When it comes to minotaur and hard physical hitters, they have lots of mods that can make them dangerous. Can give a calculation example.

Lets say minotaurs normal swing hits for 5k per hit where 30% is lightning and we have 75% lightning mitigation and 20% phys mitigation (from basalt flask). Of his damage per hit (dph) the numbers we recieve 56% as phys dmg and 7.5% as lightning damage. His real dph before conversion and mitigation is 5000/0.635=7900dph.

Now if we add 100% of damage added as lightning and 100% of damage added as cold, we add 15.8k elemental damage, where we mitigate 75%--> we recieve another 4k damage.

So now instead of dealing 5k, he deals 9k per hit-->every hit one shots us.

So the take home message here is that those kind of mods are dangerous in terms of one shots. Vulnerability curse is also dangerous. Giving the boss crit multiplier also increases the risk of getting one shot. This means that some mods on corrupted maps need to be sold or there is a risk of dying. The 15k es blade vortexers can buy those maps instead ;) and we can buy a new minotaur map and roll. This of course takes some of our valuable currency.

As in terms of his burrow, I not 100% sure which attack it is, if I would guess it is the attack he does when he is on a distance and goes under ground and comes up. It's the attack he does that hits you the hardest. This can be avoided in the start of the fight by moving sideways if I remember it correctly. Then it is avoided by face taking the minotaur, because he only does it when he is on distance. But this doesn't matter if the mods are so nasty that he one shots us on every hit.

One player that plays a lot of endgame content and therefore is very good at avoiding dangerous boss attacks in endgame fights is mathlification. Watching his fights can be a very good way of learning it. He could probably take down uber atziri with default attack bow if his movement speed and attack speed is hight enough ;)

To counter insane one shots, the best overall alternative is es builds 10k+ or kaoms heart life builds that go 9-10k life pool like explosive arrow.

I wish you best of luck in the future! :)

Last edited by ChrispieD on Nov 6, 2016, 3:45:17 AM
"
nguoidoi222 wrote:
Sorry for noob question but why you need high attack speed?

Hi!

No need to apologize :)

The only attack we do is whirling blades. Whirling blades is a movement skill, so the more attack speed you have, the faster you can whirling blade around a map. Therefore we support it with faster attacks. Also I have attack speed on my jewels to increase the speed even further.

So we don't need a high attack speed at all, it is just a nice addition and helps in some boss fights to avoid big hits.
Is burn damage and damage over time better? i see some node you skip on skill tree
Im pretty solid right now, upgraded a little my gear:

Spoiler

Im using dual curse (enfeeble and flamability) with Anger and Arctic Armour. Im testing a high lvl Flame Surge and do tons of dmg (50% more while burn). Have like 6k life, need more lvl to complete tree.

I went Atziri, tanked 2 Vaal Oversoul and all the trio together, but cant Atziri (immune ignite), maybe we can use a Hiltless and Vaal Molten Shell... I should test it soon...
Last edited by sergio_thor92 on Nov 6, 2016, 4:24:50 PM
How much fire res is ideal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info