[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
boghedian wrote:
Just did regular Atziri with this at 80 and 4,8k hp. In retrospect I should have waited till I had more hp. No Taming (wtf at those prices). Tbh I had way more trouble with the trio before Atziri than Atziri herself. As for the fight dodge crap in her regular phase (you probably can facetank her with more hp than I had) and in split just facetank one of the copies that isn't mirror. Mirror Atziri is instadeath for you if you have any blade vortex up and even remotely clip her.

This build is well thought out and works as advertised. It has a little bit of everything. Small hp and scary mobs? Nps Whirling Blade around. You are not immortal though. Once in a while you get wtfbbq'd if you have under 5k hp. Also bleeds sometimes can catch you out.

Imo OP would probably get a lot more views if he made the guide look more professional and actually explained what makes it work. Took me a while to figure out the wand and its enchant/gemming and why it procs if you don't really hit anything with it for example. Otherwise A+ for the build itself.

PS Rat's Cage with Vaal Molten Shell is ridiculous. I expect it will get nerfed. Also the lag is truly real at times.

Thank you for the post!

Yeah it is hard when being on a low healpool as there are many things that hit around 5-6k like ice/storm/flame blood, especially on -max resistance or ele weakness maps. Ice novas from strong boxes also hit hard. Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers is a love story as well.

When you use belly of the beast and being around my lvl (89) with the fortify effect, you have the same health pool as 8.75k life character without fortify. This reduces the one shots by a lot!

When it comes to the build post I've done here, it is not a build guide, this is how my last build guide looked:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1700808

The reason why I didn't make a guide this time around is because GGG most likely will nerf this build to the point where it's not playable to the next leagues.

To understand what is the most important of the build, I have capsed
"*****|| - WATCH THE MONTAGE VIDEO - ||***** ". Now I also added bold to it and wrote that there is a fast guide in the clip from 3.49.

When it comes my thinking behind the decisions of the build, this requires a lot of thinking and energy to make it educational. As much of the feedback on the last build was that they just wanted a working concept and not all the thinking behind it, I find it better to have this thread and post as a complement to montage video.

Maybe we will be doing a video-guide.

Also as the Q&A section gets larger, I might gather it into sections and titles.

Thank you for the feedback!
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Oct 29, 2016, 4:49:27 AM
"
"
exchange ball lighting to chance to ignite if your running this build in standard and works great...

Why does it matter if you are in standard or not?

Because standard you don't have the luxury of essence of hysteria so by equipping chance to ignite its like having that essence mod on your helmet...but this would be preferred only in standard league if your in essence just get the right mods on your helm and specter....
Im thinking about the build this days and really I dont know the point of take Avatar of Fire.

Our fire spells like Fire Burst dont need this pasive and we proc ignite easy only with the helm. Only one of our CWDT setups (Bladefall+EK) use it and this spells do 50% less dmg cause of Avatar of Fire.

I think (or maybe im failing in something) that is better use BF and EK without Avatar of Fire or use instead in the high CWDT setup Firestorm and Flame Surge.

What do you think? Im very interested on talk about Avatar of Fire.
That build is damn strong thanks for that ;). A tabula + level 69, no uber lab (40% more) and not res capped i could run t10 easy. My boots are level 72 and I was not res capped and missed like 35% on all elements until level 72.

Question: First life build. I do have 5,3k Life (level 77) and 5,7 with belly. How do you get 8k ? I see me getting maybe 7k but not more.

@sergio_thor92
I do run Anger and no Avatar of Fire. And Tabula + Blade Vortex with Physical to Lightning. Didn't tried a phys reflect ... that could go ugly. And your damage is so high that you could take it just for that i guess.
"
sergio_thor92 wrote:
Im thinking about the build this days and really I dont know the point of take Avatar of Fire.

Our fire spells like Fire Burst dont need this pasive and we proc ignite easy only with the helm. Only one of our CWDT setups (Bladefall+EK) use it and this spells do 50% less dmg cause of Avatar of Fire.

I think (or maybe im failing in something) that is better use BF and EK without Avatar of Fire or use instead in the high CWDT setup Firestorm and Flame Surge.

What do you think? Im very interested on talk about Avatar of Fire.

As Dacatur mentioned you can use anger aura. You could also use mantra of flames jewel with 1 aura + blood rage to get enough fire damage. However this is not my recommendation if not using something to boost your phys damage on blade vortex as your passive and items give nada, except the taming.
"
Dacatur wrote:
That build is damn strong thanks for that ;). A tabula + level 69, no uber lab (40% more) and not res capped i could run t10 easy. My boots are level 72 and I was not res capped and missed like 35% on all elements until level 72.

Question: First life build. I do have 5,3k Life (level 77) and 5,7 with belly. How do you get 8k ? I see me getting maybe 7k but not more.

@sergio_thor92
I do run Anger and no Avatar of Fire. And Tabula + Blade Vortex with Physical to Lightning. Didn't tried a phys reflect ... that could go ugly. And your damage is so high that you could take it just for that i guess.

In all clips where we have 8200 life we're using a Kaoms, when we're at 7000 life, Rats cage and when were at 6300 life, tabula. If u u would use a Belly of the Beast u would have around 7k life. Kaoms heart is not recommended.
Should we focus on high armor or high evasion gear? Or maybe hybrid? Really we dont want receive damage from the mobs, only by ourselves.
Something that can be done to increase the not afk survivability ? (my tabula has +1 max res)

I quit often died now from hard hits (map mods i wouldn't even run on some chars but still).

I did take Indomitable (reduced crit damage 20%) but since I still die I have no clue if a 7% life jewel would be better instead.

"
sergio_thor92 wrote:
Should we focus on high armor or high evasion gear? Or maybe hybrid? Really we dont want receive damage from the mobs, only by ourselves.

We only need to mitigate hard hits(a hit kills you or he doesn't there is no in-between). So armour is the choice ... but it really doesn't matter that much if you not commit heavily.

I will try armour with Brass Dome + Determination and avatar of fire now.

Edit: i do get 16k normal and 26k with armour flask.
Last edited by Dacatur on Nov 1, 2016, 10:26:03 AM
"
sergio_thor92 wrote:

I wouldn't put any evergy on either really. It does not help too much with armour to prevent 1 shots. All of the things Dacatur has done, gives around 20% phys mitigation against the physical hits that can one shot us including granite flask, same as a basalt flask does alone. If you really want physical protection, juggernaut is an alternative with permanent immortal call with auto activation from the looping.

Lightning coil alone against these kind of hits also provide 22.5% mitigation with 75% lightning res. But brass dome also protects against crit hits.

So my tip would be to get as good life and resists as possible on the items, coz that is hard enough with the amount of uniques and essence items this build requires. After that if anything, I would prefer armour. But as mentioned, I dont find it necessary.
This build doesn't really hold up in endgame, due to the low amounts of life, 7k is about the max you're going to get even while wearing rat's cage. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun build but doesn't stand up to the big 1 shots.

I tried to throw some more defensive gems like CWDT with Immortal Call, Enfeeble and Flammability.
I also just removed a standard 6L chest in favor of Rats Cage so i can always have Vaal Molten Shell ready without switching chests in and out. VMS is also on the wand to save some Socket space, and Arctic Armor is on the Sword also.

Here's my build:
Gear:
Spoiler

Tree
Last edited by pitty on Nov 5, 2016, 6:04:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info