[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

My Current Gear In Standard

Now ChrispieD recommended that you exchange ball lighting to chance to ignite if your running this build in standard and works great...i decided to add another cwdt setup in my specter i decided to go with spark because it has multiple projectiles, now i could use any skill gem that triggers, but for the sake of skill variety i chose spark..

im currently lvl 71 and loving this build....have some tips for players leveling this.....

"
Raskofshadows wrote: "Level to 16 and then facebreakers shield charge till 28 and then ancestral warchief till 68."

Ancestral warchief feels really strong once you get to level 50 and then its slow going, here are some things I did to improve my results...

Equip these items if your leveling using ancestral warchief's

Belt

level 9 - Meginord's Girdle

Quiver

Level 19 Skirmish Two-Point Arrow Quiver - this makes it so you can use 2 warchief totems

Helmets

Goldrim

Level 35 The Three Dragons - 30+ to all resists, but has weird mods your choice

Level 60 - Equip Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet

Rings

Level 16 Mokou's Embrace - If you can't afford taming

Level 16 Emberwake

Could also use Pyre Sapphire Ring at level 11 then once level 16 equipt the rings above

Amulet

I used The Ignomon until level 68 which might not be the best idea, but couldn't find another amulet better

This build is worth the boring leveling, it really shines once you have your normal and crued ascendency points - Pain Reaver and Cloaked in Savagery..

Last edited by Kilsum on Oct 28, 2016, 1:07:18 PM
I do not think I can buy the taming prismatic ring, an alternative?
I just read your guide and it looks really interesting.

I think using a Physical to Lightning gem instead of a Controlled Destruction gem should actually increase your damage since you are using Avatar of Fire. Currently your Blade Vortex 6L setup is losing 50% of it's damage by not being converted to fire.

Here is the math assuming level 20 gems:

BV -> Added Fire -> Controlled Destruction -> Spell Echo -> Inc AoE -> Fire Pen
100% x 1.44 x 1.44 x 0.5 (only 50% ends up as fire damage) = 103.68

BV -> Added Fire -> Phys to Lightning -> Spell Echo -> Inc AoE -> Fire Pen
100% x 1.44 x 1.29 x 0.75 (75% ends up as fire damage) = 139.32

Using a Call of the Brotherhood Ring would further increase the conversion rate
100% x 1.44 x 1.29 x 0.875 (87.5% ends up as fire damage) = 162.54

I'm thinking about starting a build based off of yours but dropping the entire focus on ignites and just going for raw damage scaling and survivability.
Fresh builds all day.
Just did regular Atziri with this at 80 and 4,8k hp. In retrospect I should have waited till I had more hp. No Taming (wtf at those prices). Tbh I had way more trouble with the trio before Atziri than Atziri herself. As for the fight dodge crap in her regular phase (you probably can facetank her with more hp than I had) and in split just facetank one of the copies that isn't mirror. Mirror Atziri is instadeath for you if you have any blade vortex up and even remotely clip her.

This build is well thought out and works as advertised. It has a little bit of everything. Small hp and scary mobs? Nps Whirling Blade around. You are not immortal though. Once in a while you get wtfbbq'd if you have under 5k hp. Also bleeds sometimes can catch you out.

Imo OP would probably get a lot more views if he made the guide look more professional and actually explained what makes it work. Took me a while to figure out the wand and its enchant/gemming and why it procs if you don't really hit anything with it for example. Otherwise A+ for the build itself.

PS Rat's Cage with Vaal Molten Shell is ridiculous. I expect it will get nerfed. Also the lag is truly real at times.
"
exchange ball lighting to chance to ignite if your running this build in standard and works great...

Why does it matter if you are in standard or not?
"
A few things:

Why Arctic Armour in the high level CWDT socket? The only reasoning I can think of is that it's more important to have more low level gems that proc more often to rev up your ignites and get the damage going. I realize that this would be crucial for a full AFK set up, but I'm interested in running this build as a real non AFK build (in EHC no less). I'm lvl 75 so far and already have a taming. So if Arctic Armour is better placed in a low level CWDT, then what spell to swap out and what high level spell to put in the high level CWDT?

At first I was confused about the Blade Vortex in the helmet, it felt so weak with only generating a few stacks and I was already self casting my 6L BV since I didn't want to AFK. But then I remembered the affix that the essence applied to the helmet, and realized that BV would be good for procing all of those ignites. Is Blade Vortex in the helmet still the best with the consideration that I am self casting the 6L Blade Vortex?

What do you think about Carcass Jack as a replacement for Tabula? Right now just using a 6L holy chainmail, but I was thinking about trying to 6L a Carcass Jack. Belly of the Beast is also an option. I was leaning towards Carcass Jack since the radius would help out my clear so much since I don't have Dying Sun and I'm not sure I ever will with the current prices.

If going HC I would recommend removing spells in the setup you find laggy, as that is very dangerous.

As answered before to the same question about arctic armour you can use:
Higher lvls of any of the spells you have in low lvl, for eg. glacial cascade, blade vortex, ball lightning, firestorm. Firespells will do the most damage (as avatar of fire removes half of the damage of all other damage types). There is one risk though, that the spell won't activate when you need it the most (as using the same spell will mean that they will share the same cooldown).

If you feel that it's a waste to use two of the same spells (as they share the same cooldown) you could use skills like fire skills like fireball, magma orb, flame surge.

In the low lvl setup you can replace the lvl 4 bladefall with arctic armour for eg.

Blade vortex is extremely good having auto activating, it is not often at all that you reach the 20 cap point of blade vortex.

When it comes to carcass jack, if I was in hardcore, I would want as much life as possible and go for belly of the beast.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Oct 29, 2016, 4:16:22 AM
"
Madasan wrote:
I´m planning to do this build next league, but how to get this "socketed gems have 50% chance to ignite" and the sceptre - "10% chance to cast level 20 burst on hit", if next league there isn´t essences?...

As mentioned before, it works without those essences, but they are overpowered so I love to use them.

Though the build will most likely get nerfed to the ground when the next leagues come. GGG doesn't like AFK gaming.
"
Kilsum wrote:
My Current Gear In Standard
Very nice post

Thank you very much for the post :) Very informative and shows how the build can go for the majority.
"
schweini_88 wrote:
I do not think I can buy the taming prismatic ring, an alternative?

Moku's embrace, rare unset rings or any other unique ring of your choice in the whole game.
"
DarthPwn wrote:
I just read your guide and it looks really interesting.

Calculations about physical to lightning

Good question, but it seems like the calculations made aren't correct.

Added fire damage = AFD
Controlled destrucion = CD
Physical to lightning = PTL

Calculating how much of the base physical damage of blade vortex that ends up as fire damage

Controlled destruction: (0,5 [AOF phys] ]+0,44 [AFD]) *1,44 [CD] = 1,3536

Physical to lightning: 0,5 [AOF phys]+(0,79*0,5 [PTL AOF])+0,44 [AFD] = 1,335
With Call of the brotherhood
0,5 [AOF phys]+(0,79*0,75 [PTL AOF])+0,44 [AFD] = 1,5325 (13% more damage than controlled destrucion thanks to the ring)

Without call of the brotherhood, physical to lightning is slightly worse than controlled destruction, but with call of the brotherhood, your blade vortex setup will do 13% more damage. Note that your fireburst will not increase in damage, which a fire ring like mokus embrace would make it do, as well as giving you cast speed, attack speed and igniting yourself, making your eye of innocence do up to 70% increased damage. If you ask me, I wouldn't do it.

Though it is interesting how close physical to lightning is to controlled destruction!
Last edited by ChrispieD on Oct 29, 2016, 4:26:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info