[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Is there no reason to use emberwake over mokous if u don't have taking?

Also, should I recraft my sceptre to get an open prefix (not sure about suffix/prefix) for spelldmg?

Third, I feel that doedre elixir is super useful for those situations (Like t7 cell firestorm boss, I died lol) where the boss or normal monster doesn't do enough dmg per hit to proc cloak, or if they do mainly dot dmg. The issue only gets worse with investing in more life. Overall, it's just a great panic button.
"
Fire309 wrote:
Is there no reason to use emberwake over mokous if u don't have taking?

Also, should I recraft my sceptre to get an open prefix (not sure about suffix/prefix) for spelldmg?

Third, I feel that doedre elixir is super useful for those situations (Like t7 cell firestorm boss, I died lol) where the boss or normal monster doesn't do enough dmg per hit to proc cloak, or if they do mainly dot dmg. The issue only gets worse with investing in more life. Overall, it's just a great panic button.

If you can afford crafting another scepter, yes.

The main thing is you just need the Fire Burst.
"
tomay wrote:
"
For myself I continue to use added fire damage instead of the Iron Will that was tested by @tomay. Not because I think it's better but because I don't have the overpowering strength to really topp added fire (my dps literally goes up by 1 with iron will).

BV is a physical damage spell, so we can really capitalize on atziri. The most effective way to enhance damage from a physical aspect,

While the combined damage with Added Fire might be on par with Iron Will or even slightly more if you don't happen to have additional STR on items, the benefit of PtL is the chance to apply shock. IW increases your lightning damage by no small margin in this setup. The Chaos damage from Atziri's Promise also scales from elemental damage so not much is lost by losing 50% of the physical BV damage to lightning conversion. Also, quality on PtL increases both physical and lightning damage, a double whammy. ;)

Sure, if you want to maximise your tooltip damage, then phys plus extra fire may yield a few hundred Chaos damage over time more than PtL but keep in mind that the 50% increased damage shocked monsters take form all our damage sources are not calculated in any tooltip.

Yes, I am saying I use BOTH phys to light, and added fire. This gives atziri no loss in damage.
Hello and thanks for the build !

I'm new to it, but thanks to previous characters and 2 very nice people I met this season, I was able to upgrade the cheap version to the expensive one !

But as the build focus on the cheap version, I'm not sure if I'm doing ok with my update ... I would like to hear about your comment on my decisions and see your own non-budget character :)

My actual character : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alio/characters : AFK_Breach

First of all, I decided to drop the belly of the beast (6l) because I felt sometime killing stuff myself with blade vortex was counterproductive as monsters weren't able to hit me a lot and I'm not procing my CWDT gems setup as I should. Also the hp gain from Kaom seems way more interesting than a manual casting for a medium dps boost.

Kaom is especially interesting because we may have tons of life%, but we don't have much pure HP (because of the uniques we use that have none).

Also, having only 1 aura (Artic Armour) was kind of strange because all of the free mana and the small benefit of this one (especially when you don't really need to mitigate that much the damage you receive). So I decided to completely remove Artic Armour and benefit from the 60% spell damage from the Clear Mind Jewel
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind
Any thought on that ? If I have to use an aura, I would prefer to use at least 2 or 3 with all my useless mana (Anger maybe ?)

As 1 of our 4l was not really mandatory (vaal haste + inc duration or lvl 20 CWDT) I decided to put my blade vortex setup (from my chest) in there. 4l only but I feel it's doing what I need the most from it. So I have Blade Vortex + AoE + Spell Echo + Inc duration
Does it make sense, or should I just drop that setup and stop casting anything with the Kaom version ?

Btw I felt that vaal haste and blood rage were not doing much for the build (and blood rage put me at risk sometimes), did I missed something on their true benefit for us ?

Also, what do you thinks about the unique boots : Abberath's Hooves Goathide Boots
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abberath%27s_Hooves
Seems strong but loosing once again some pure HP is making me unsure about the final version of the character.

One last question : weapon elemental damage stats is useless for us right ?

Thanks to anyone who will take the time to discuss my points and show their HL character :)

Bonus video : my RIP on a Breach Lord on T9 map :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5jLGPXxXVQ

Last edited by Alio on Dec 28, 2016, 3:42:41 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
AndySloth wrote:
Did I make any mistakes anywhere, am I doing something wrong?

Not only did you refund Breath of Flames, you still have not "fixed" your sceptre. I believe I told you already to remove the crafted mod (Weapon Elementary Damage only applies to attacks but not to spells) and craft Increased Spell Damage instead. Now that's 90% increased damage you're missing out on right there. And none of you 6 jewels has any applicable damage modifiers nor Chance to Ignite/Ignite Duration to make up for the loss of Breath of Flames.

So, use Vagan's Sharpening Wheel to remove the useless mod (requires level 7) and then use Catarina's Headstones to craft spell damage (requires level 6 for the top tier). Then look for jewels with max life and chance to ignite and applicable damage modifiers (attack speed is one of the lesser desirable mods on jewels) or get back into Breath of Flames pronto.

That was my first forum post, so I don't think you told me that before. But yeah ill do all that, thank you.
Did you check the guide recently? The op changed his bloodrage vaal haste setup into a high lvl cwdt with bladefall and EK, with arctic armour as extra socket.

I am kinda interested about putting the bv in a 4 socket item and using a kaoms, though I would use anger and a 3l bv setup, skipping clear mind.
Got a question for you. With these two items, could I drop AoF if I buy one of those jewels with added fire damage?
I have spent all my pocket money on chroms for the belly :P

"
myshild wrote:
Got a question for you. With these two items, could I drop AoF if I buy one of those jewels with added fire damage?

You can ONLY drop Aof when you have something that gives fire damage to spells. If you don't have that modifier on any piece of gear, you cannot drop AOF
"
"
myshild wrote:

You can ONLY drop Aof when you have something that gives fire damage to spells. If you don't have that modifier on any piece of gear, you cannot drop AOF

Which is exactly what that jewel gives. Mantra of Flames jewel.
Last edited by myshild on Dec 28, 2016, 3:36:54 PM
Then you just answered your own question :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info