[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
tomay wrote:
"
Tanking a hit from izaro in a tabula is no different than in a kaom

I beg to differ, 2.5k more HP with Kaom's Heart makes a helluva lot of a difference there.

"
Tabula is great because we don't need a kaoms or belly to farm up our gear

Ah now, we can farm our gear bare naked if need be, just whirl into a pack, get hit and boom, all dead. It just makes us feel so obsolete as players thus we delude ourselves that we kill oh so much faster with our sophisticated gem setup in the chest. :D :D :D

Well it's like you said, as long as we don't get 1 shot, we can win any fight. So if I can tank a slam from uber izaro in a tabula, then there's no difference.

If anyone needs proof I'll grab a tabula right now and show how much you can do, the only reason I know this is because I was ignorant into looking for other body armor until I was already level 88. Using a tabula as soon as I could level with Ancestral.

Yes, we all want the 6-link cospri, belly, shavron. With the headhunter belt and skyforth boots, 120 resist gloves/boots/belt with 100 health each. In reality, especially in the breach league. Not everyone is going to look at the guide the same way.

People who already have 2 characters running maps are going to look for upgrades from the original guide without having even made the character yet.

People who don't even have a name for a character yet will look at how much it's going to cost them to farm the essentials. When you advertise that you need a 6L, these people won't even look at the guide. When you advertise that you can do uber izaro for less than an exalt worth of gear, then you get their attention.

I will never argue with anyone about a tabula being better than kaoms, but when you can do the same content with with either one, why waste the extra currency?

Anyone reading this build right now needs to know that this is a perfect time to build this, the req gear is cheap and the gameplay is rewarding and fun. I hope you all take this endgame content we rant about with numbers and shock with a grain of salt. AoF still works great, you don't need shock, you don't need kaoms, you don't need the taming, you don't need 20/20 gems to get to a point where you can farm currency. I promise all of you this, but like I said if I need to prove it ill go run tabula with 5k hp in uber izaro and show you.
"
jaljal wrote:
if I would want to use the spark setup (4B and 1 G or 3B2G

Doesn't make much of a difference, if you get 2G you have more options to swap around between GMP and Pierce or Sliwer Progectiles and Culling Strike at bosses.

"
jaljal wrote:
as it has more dps then BV setup

Not quite true but Spark is arguably the better "igniter".

"
jaljal wrote:
I know belly vs kaom was already mentioned several times in this topic.

As has been The Brass Dome which has no life but a shit ton of armour rating, "crit immunity" and sockets, maybe the best of both worlds. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 7:37:04 PM
Huh. I tried respeccing AoF before and took a look at my BV tooltip, and its lower. I'm guessing this is because the tree focuses more on fire damage? Are you guys sure that respeccing AoF gives more damage?

Also, I've been thinking about kaoms over belly, and I realize that unless the map boss is twinned, BV stacks will only go up to 10 while afking. Belly gives chest BV setup, which is rather nice for reliability and a bit of extra damage. Furthermore, if I respec AoF after all, the fire damage on kaoms is much less effective, as a lot of damage (most) isn't fire.
"
Anyone reading this build right now needs to know that this is a perfect time to build this, the req gear is cheap and the gameplay is rewarding and fun. I hope you all take this endgame content we rant about with numbers and shock with a grain of salt. AoF still works great, you don't need shock, you don't need kaoms, you don't need the taming, you don't need 20/20 gems to get to a point where you can farm currency. I promise all of you this, but like I said if I need to prove it ill go run tabula with 5k hp in uber izaro and show you.

I'll second that. I'm wearing a tabula at level 79 with 5.1k life and been doing t8 to t10 maps since level 75. At this point I'm just trying getting more life with each level. Most of the gems are bought from vendors and currently at level 17 or less without quality.

A word of warning when doing the the crypt map boss, take the flammability gem out, do not curse him.
"
if I need to prove it ill go run tabula with 5k hp in uber izaro and show you.

Sure but you'll be dodging attacks and running for dear life in a tabula... if you want to kill Uber Izaro as advertised in CrispieD's video you'd be well advised to bring your Kaom's Heart to the fight. In case you have forgotten, this build's purpose is first and foremost to kill bosses with little or no interaction, i.e. "Here I am, now bring it on, give me your best shot and let's get this over with" ... make no mistake, with only 5k life even merci lab Izaro will send you off to Kingdom Come in no time if you attempt to AFK him. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 8:01:24 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Huh. I tried respeccing AoF before and took a look at my BV tooltip, and its lower. I'm guessing this is because the tree focuses more on fire damage? Are you guys sure that respeccing AoF gives more damage?

Also, I've been thinking about kaoms over belly, and I realize that unless the map boss is twinned, BV stacks will only go up to 10 while afking. Belly gives chest BV setup, which is rather nice for reliability and a bit of extra damage. Furthermore, if I respec AoF after all, the fire damage on kaoms is much less effective, as a lot of damage (most) isn't fire.

We were only able to get BV to do a fair amount of damage only recently when @tomay worked a way to lose AoF and keep the damage, which soon turned into more damage than with AoF. The original build uses BV as "the spark to start the flame" kind of deal. It still does 5k+ damage with the original AoF setup and about 70% of your damage will come from the scepter's Fire Burst.

"
tomay wrote:
"
if I need to prove it ill go run tabula with 5k hp in uber izaro and show you.

Sure but you'll be dodging attacks and running for dear life in a tabula... if you want to kill Uber Izaro as advertised in CrispieD's video you'd be well advised to bring your Kaom's Heart to the fight. In case you have forgotten, this build's purpose is first and foremost to kill bosses with little or no interaction, i.e. "Here I am, now bring it on, give me your best shot and let's get this over with" ... make no mistake, with only 5k life even merci lab Izaro will send you off to Kingdom Come in no time if you attempt to AFK him. ;)

Yes, as you should always be trying to dodge. I don't think i've tried "afking" but only a couple times, the gameplay is so much fun that standing still seems to take away from the fun.

But you can just throw 2-3 stacks of BV on Izaro, run to an objective in order to drag him to it, and take both out at the same time. Izaro is not difficult with 5k hp, and when created wasn't intended to be face tanked. You would probably get 1-shot by his charge, but you'll be fine from everything else as long as you take the mechanics out (except portals/lietenants). I'll upload some content tomorrow showing just how easy it can be.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 27, 2016, 8:09:10 PM
Where is tomay's thing about not speccing into AoF?

I find it a whole shitton faster clear to manually cast BV, so I think ill be staying with my belly. And tbh, its kinda boring to just stand there. :D
Last edited by Fire309 on Dec 27, 2016, 8:23:03 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Where is tomay's thing about not speccing into AoF?

Here it comes... :D

"
Fire309 wrote:
Huh. I tried respeccing AoF before and took a look at my BV tooltip, and its lower.

The reason for dropping AoF is not to get more BV damage... where did you get this idea? I think we should issue a warning here that people should never ever look at their BV tooltip. ;)

The reason for dropping AoE is to get a different type of damage, namely Lightning Damage, which allows us to shock monsters and by doing so dealing 50% increased damage from all sources in general and Fire Burst in particular. And while it is indeed possible to reach an average damage (not to be confused with DPS) well in excess of 20k with an optimised BV lightning damage setup (which translates into moar than 100k DPS with five hits per seconds, now how WOW is that?) this should be the least of our concerns... we kill with Fire Burst, period. ;)

"
Fire309 wrote:
I find it a whole shitton faster clear to manually cast BV, so I think ill be staying with my belly. And tbh, its kinda boring to just stand there. :D

So do I... but I much prefer Spark. Setting the whole screen (and beyond) ablaze is even moar fun. :D
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 8:26:13 PM
Well, tooltip is fine to look at for this because the damage is scaled the same either way, using any setup. Just checking to see which one is higher/lower. And actually, nvm, tooltip is higher with AoF AND anger.

And again, where is this lightning damage BV setup?
Last edited by Fire309 on Dec 27, 2016, 8:26:13 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
And actually, nvm, tooltip is higher with AoF AND anger.

And again, where is this lightning damage BV setup?

I posted some screenshots a few pages back with various gem setups, the highest being 23k average damage with 5 hits per second, or 115k in DPS lingo... with a median Lightning Damage of 16k ish per hit, which should suffice to shock bosses with a health pool in excess of 300k. I believe it was:

BV + Spell Echo + Physical to Lightning + Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect + Iron Will

There are more test results as well, one reflecting the damage with a "clear speed" setup where we swap CE and CD for AoE + CtI, resulting in 13k avg damage.

Of course, this requires a 6L body armour with BBBBGR sockets, which coincides with the gem colours used in the original guide. If you don't have such a 6-link chest (and a source of Fire Damage to Spells) you need not bother with dropping Avatar of Fire... unless you want to dig out your Tabula again. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 9:05:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info