[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

With recent alterations to the build, our Blade Vortex can get up to 20k+ worth of DPS.

Compared to the original 7k fire damage version with AOF, this let's us build around BV as a secondary means of damage we should capitalize on.

I've switched one of the flasks with Atziri and the dps boost can go in excess of 6k additional total BV Dps.

Why atziris? For myself I continue to use added fire damage instead of the Iron Will that was tested by @tomay. Not because I think it's better but because I don't have the overpowering strength to really topp added fire (my dps literally goes up by 1 with iron will).

BV is a physical damage spell, so we can really capitalize on atziri. The most effective way to enhance damage from a physical aspect, to an elemental, is to add as much phys as possible. I am even considering losing CD for increased aoe along with conc effect.

These are the only ways to boost our total phys. The higher phys we get, the more balanced conversion we get. Atziri's flask just happens to add both.

With a topic I posted a couple pages back, I stated taste of hate and vinktar are good, but are worse in Elemental Equilibrium map.

Atziri's on the other hand is viable for any map mod, and unlike vinktar/taste, we wont waste any dps.

So if, and only if you are running without AoF, and decide to make BV lightning, then this flask is for you.
It seems as though my Vaal MS explosions aren't really doing what I want them to, and melting bosses.

I got like half way through the health of a tier 12 boss most recently.

Did I make any mistakes anywhere, am I doing something wrong? My character and build can be found in my profile.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQDuBLMNzQ48FCAUTRRxFukYkRo4HM4c3B8YIZAi4iQ3Jy8qOCpNK1As6TLRNZI6UjpYOuE8BTwtPfw_J0VHRZ1H4krIS1dN41BHUUxR-1NSVcZWSFhjWfNfP1-wX9BmVGebaFhoZW6qb55xhXIPcql2rH1bggeCm4Nfg8yD24TFhXuGs4nYjM-PGo9GkFWUb5hXmjua4Juhm7Wf36IApDmmV6cIrEesmKyqrj6vp7FCtfK3PryfvwjAZsDjwzrE9sauxtjKSs0Wz37Xltgk2L3ZfORR6hDqGOvu7DjvDu988B_xs_JF8xHz3fZI9zL31_hf-Ov8S_4K_lT-jw==

Thanks a lot for the help.
Last edited by AndySloth on Dec 28, 2016, 2:02:05 AM
"
AndySloth wrote:
Did I make any mistakes anywhere, am I doing something wrong?

Not only did you refund Breath of Flames, you still have not "fixed" your sceptre. I believe I told you already to remove the crafted mod (Weapon Elementary Damage only applies to attacks but not to spells) and craft Increased Spell Damage instead. Now that's 90% increased damage you're missing out on right there. And none of you 6 jewels has any applicable damage modifiers nor Chance to Ignite/Ignite Duration to make up for the loss of Breath of Flames.

So, use Vagan's Sharpening Wheel to remove the useless mod (requires level 7) and then use Catarina's Headstones to craft spell damage (requires level 6 for the top tier). Then look for jewels with max life and chance to ignite and applicable damage modifiers (attack speed is one of the lesser desirable mods on jewels) or get back into Breath of Flames pronto.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 28, 2016, 8:19:47 AM
Hey, i just made that build a few days ago and having much more fun than expected !

At lvl 85 now and a few questions to the experts out there:

-what about death's door + kaom's heart ? I found the bleeds and corrupting blood to get more and more deadly as i go up the map tiers, it seems like it would be a good way to get rid of that threat, right ? Especially with breaches being full of bleeding mobs and the lag sometimes not helping with quick reaction.

-when using Kaom, do you run an active 4L blade vortex, or no active skill at all ? I'm afraid killing tormented spirits, necromancers or random not really aggressive mobs will be terrible without an active skill, how do you deal with that ?

-with the Taming being rather expensive, is it really worth the cost ? How does it compare in terms of general clear speed, and boss clear speed ? I'm hesitating on this, currently running dual mokous, i'm afraid the loss in overall clear speed will outweight any boss killing benefit anyway

-is it really useful to run the Doedre flask with no chaos resist, compared to having some chaos res and no flask ? So far i'm not seeing much benefit to the flask, and any desecrated ground or poison hurt a lot as soon as there are no more mobs around.

Thanks in advance :) I can't afford all the testing material for this so, answers would be much appreciated so i can decide on how to improve my gear now. Currently running a 5L belly of the beast with a crappy roll, and about 6100 HP at 85.

Edit: One last question, i just got a Blade flurry increased dmg enchant on my helm (sigh), is there any way to make it useful as active skill instead of Blade vortex ? It seems like the sword could do solid damage with that.
Last edited by Axylxys on Dec 28, 2016, 9:09:18 AM
"
For myself I continue to use added fire damage instead of the Iron Will that was tested by @tomay. Not because I think it's better but because I don't have the overpowering strength to really topp added fire (my dps literally goes up by 1 with iron will).

BV is a physical damage spell, so we can really capitalize on atziri. The most effective way to enhance damage from a physical aspect,

While the combined damage with Added Fire might be on par with Iron Will or even slightly more if you don't happen to have additional STR on items, the benefit of PtL is the chance to apply shock. IW increases your lightning damage by no small margin in this setup. The Chaos damage from Atziri's Promise also scales from elemental damage so not much is lost by losing 50% of the physical BV damage to lightning conversion. Also, quality on PtL increases both physical and lightning damage, a double whammy. ;)

Sure, if you want to maximise your tooltip damage, then phys plus extra fire may yield a few hundred Chaos damage over time more than PtL but keep in mind that the 50% increased damage shocked monsters take form all our damage sources are not calculated in any tooltip.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 28, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
"
Axylxys wrote:
-what about death's door

Nothing wrong with Death's Door except that I'm losing nearly 400 HP on my boots. So I'd rather bring my Staunching flasks... and as long as we're hitting stuff we can usually outleech Bleeding.

"
Axylxys wrote:
-when using Kaom, do you run an active 4L blade vortex, or no active skill at all ? I'm afraid killing tormented spirits, necromancers or random not really aggressive mobs will be terrible without an active skill, how do you deal with that ?

You will be entirely passive with Kaom's Heart. I'm afraid you'll have to ignore straying monsters or else you'll be encouraging them to attack you pretty puuuhlease until the cows come home. ;)

Alternatively switch to Kaom's Heart before you enter the Boss arena.

"
Axylxys wrote:
-with the Taming being rather expensive, is it really worth the cost ? How does it compare in terms of general clear speed, and boss clear speed ? I'm hesitating on this, currently running dual mokous, i'm afraid the loss in overall clear speed will outweight any boss killing benefit anyway

Dual Mokou's is better in terms of clear speed while Emberwake + The Taming clearly have the edge when you're dealing with "high-life" bosses. It's not that you won't be able to kill them with Mokou's, it just takes a bit longer. So The Taming it's not essential and it should be the last item on your shopping list. ;)

"
Axylxys wrote:
-is it really useful to run the Doedre flask with no chaos resist

Well, you can't run Doedre's Elixier with Chaos resist, that for sure. ;)

Again, a matter of preferences. It allows us to self-inflict a Savage Hit at our own leisure, particularly handy if you're using Kaom's (or a completely passive gem setup which I'm testing at the moment).

"
Axylxys wrote:
i just got a Blade flurry increased dmg enchant on my helm (sigh), is there any way to make it useful as active skill instead of Blade vortex ? It seems like the sword could do solid damage with that.

Sure, as active skill you may use whatever tickles your fancy, use AoE + CtI for clearing with Flurry and two more damage enhancing support gems instead for the boss kill. Unfortunately we don't have much in terms of accuracy so I can't say how well BF performs... and don't even think of RT just because it's along our path in the skill tree. With RT you cannot deal critical strikes which will deprive you of Elemental Overload, not a good idea. ;)

But why don't you try it and let us know how it goes? One of the benefits of this build: we cannot wreck it by making wrong choices regarding the gem setup in our body armour. ;)

Edit: Just checked with a unsupported Blade Flurry gem, chance to hit is at 65% which isn't all that bad, Increased Accuracy should do the trick just fine.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 28, 2016, 9:56:56 AM
As long as we're hitting stuff it's indeed all fine, but i'm not at ease so far when everything is dead and my life can drop in a second with all the bleed stacks i got. This might just be an habit to take though, such as not running straight for the loots or next pack when i'm done with one. I'll just see how deadly it can become in red maps.

You're right for the accuracy and i totally forgot about that little detail, that mighty 66% chance to hit doesn't look too great but i'll make some tries with an accuracy gem on a tabula as i can't really afford rerolling colors over and over on a crappy Belly. Maybe once i get a good one. Also thinking about some Cast when channeling setup, gonna see how it goes.

About the rings, why exactly is the clear speed slower with taming + emberwake, is that because of the 10% ignite loss ? Some jewels could make up for that to some extent i guess ? Or is there something else i'm missing ?

Thanks a lot by the way for being so helpful and informative !
"
Axylxys wrote:
i'll make some tries with an accuracy gem on a tabula as i can't really afford rerolling colors over and over on a crappy Belly.

Nothing wrong with taking bunch of vendor gems for a test drive in Dried Lake with Tabula. ;)

"
Axylxys wrote:
About the rings, why exactly is the clear speed slower with taming + emberwake, is that because of the 10% ignite loss ?

2x Mokou's = better chance to ignite (depending on the roll) and massively imcreased cast and attack speed which benefits Whirling Blades, BV, Spark and indeed Blade Flurry. ;)

"
Axylxys wrote:
Also thinking about some Cast when channeling setup, gonna see how it goes.

Cast While Channelling has been tried and discussed but to the best of my knowledge nothing overly exciting came off it... which doesn't mean CwCH is dead and buried.
I just ran a few T8-10 maps with blade flurry and a tabula instead of my usual BV setup.

The BV setup was: BV/Spell echo/Added fire/Inc. Aoe/Fire penetration (couldn't get better colors)

For Blade Flurry i'm using: Blade flurry/Faster attacks/Add. Accuracy/Added fire/Inc. Aoe, i left the 6th slot with leap slam for the sake of making a fair comparative as the BV is a 5 link setup.

I tried against the enraged rhoa in a shaped arid lake as a dummy, as it takes a while to kill with my weak gems overall, and dps seemed higher on the Blade flurry. Overall it kills stuff nicely, but lead to more standing still and less running around, so not really a higher clear speed until i find the good pace with the new playstyle.

Chance to hit is at 83% with a 15% quality lvl 13 Add. Accuracy gem, so once 20/20 it should be fine enough to solve that issue. It also scales nicely with the berserker attack speed ascendancy nodes.

The real benefit though might be to squeeze the whirling blades in there, on a 6L setup it would free 3 slots in the weapon, maybe something like Blade flurry/Whirling Blades/faster attacks/fortify/Added fire/Add. Accuracy, it's mostly a boss killing skill so the aoe doesn't seem mandatory.

That would free 3 gem slots, for another cwdt setup or auras maybe ? Blade Flurry also costs much less mana than BV, so we could reserve more of it. Maybe Anger + arctic Armour + Random utility gem in weapon, one more spell on our high lvl cwdt, and a 6L for movement and hitting bosses.

My BV setup is weak compared to what i read on posts above though, so maybe it's just crappy compared to a high lvl BV on a 6L.
Last edited by Axylxys on Dec 28, 2016, 10:47:13 AM
Best Flurry setup for our purposes should be:

Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Fire - CtI (or AoE)

Swap the lest gem for Conc Effect for bosses. The tricky part is to do it with one blue socket only. See what work better for clearing, more radius or better chance to ignite on BF. Test with Tabula before making the final decision re BF.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 28, 2016, 11:39:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info