[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Yes it is possible, just wondering if it is worth it based on the lightning damage on scepter and colors in my belly ;)

Would need to drop either GMP or Pierce and slot in IW instead, but which one to chose?
Excavation bosses are dumb as fuck, especially for this build.

1) Phylacteral Link. Theres always that one damn boss who runs away while the two in front of my face are the invulnerable ones. No leech. Dead.

2) When the last boss is the RF guy, he does mainly dot damage, and so no cloak. Dead.

3) When I kill the RF guy, sometimes he's not the last one. So if I run away, no leech, dead. If I don't run away, the explosion gets me. Dead. Even if he is the last one, I kill him, and get trapped against the wall while the FREAKING ONE AND A HALF SECOND TIMER ON THE EXPLOSION runs out. Dead.

Fuck that map.
"
Fire309 wrote:

1) Phylacteral Link. Theres always that one damn boss who runs away while the two in front of my face are the invulnerable ones. No leech. Dead.

2) When the last boss is the RF guy, he does mainly dot damage, and so no cloak. Dead.

3) When I kill the RF guy, sometimes he's not the last one. So if I run away, no leech, dead. If I don't run away, the explosion gets me. Dead. Even if he is the last one, I kill him, and get trapped against the wall while the FREAKING ONE AND A HALF SECOND TIMER ON THE EXPLOSION runs out. Dead.

Fuck that map.

One map to rule them all...

Waterways, random immune with 100% reflect boss. I have to unequip the lvl 1 CWDT gems to do it or I'm instantly dead
"
Fire309 wrote:

Fuck that map.

You should still be restoring 1% each ignite from your sword.

Phyl packs should still be able to be ignited after the invuln.

The opposite being monster immune to ignite, those you might need something specific to counter, like flask/aura/Lifeleech gem.

High degen and 1 shots are really the only thing that can kill us. (Though I have died from instantly killing a porcupine pack). Labs are also really difficult due to Beserker, until you get a good understanding of every trap. The increased damage taken/movement aoe can allow traps to almost 1 shot us.

I've even fucked around with vaal righteous fire, and my health was empty only for a fraction of a second before it went full.
"
AndySloth wrote:
That was my first forum post, so I don't think you told me that before. But yeah ill do all that, thank you.

My bad... it was Zebulinoo who made this mistake as well.
"
Yes, I am saying I use BOTH phys to light, and added fire. This gives atziri no loss in damage.

I understand that it does "give Atziri no loss" but wouldn't it be better to maximise the lightning damage to shock efficiently while all the converted lightning damage still scales with Atziri's since flask effect is calaculate from both physical and (albeit to a lesser extent) elemental damage? Care to post Atziri-buffed tooltip screenshots with AFD and IW? I would be interested in the difference between Lightning Damage and Chaos damage with the different gems.
"
myshild wrote:
Yes it is possible, just wondering if it is worth it based on the lightning damage on scepter and colors in my belly ;)

Would need to drop either GMP or Pierce and slot in IW instead, but which one to chose?

You sound like a Sparker. ;)

First of all: I would never ever put a jewel in the tree of this build that doesn't have "7% increased maximum Life" it simply isn't worth it, screw Mantra of Flames.

I too have 37% increased Lightning Damage on my sceptre AND 1-160 flat lightning damage boots enchant. Now my maximum Tooltip DPS with Spark is 21.5k with a median lightning damage of 5k per hit. The setup goes as follows, all gems being 20/20:

Spark + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Slower Projectiles + Pierce + Controlled Destruction

(23k is possible with Elemental Focus instead of Faster Casting but then I can kiss Shock good-bye)

This means I can reliably shock anything with a health pool of 100k and many bosses in late-game maps have a LOT more than that. Was it worth to drop AoF for that? Not necessarily, I just did it because I could (Adds Fire Damage to Spells on scepter, lucky me). Do I shock efficiently? Hell yeah... in mid tier-maps. Why am I using Spark then? Because I enjoy this spell (and I happened to have a corrupted Belly with just the right colours).

Now before everyone is rushing to get out of Avatar of Fire you better be aware that certain criteria should be met:

1. A source of Fire Damage to Spells (either on the scepter, Mantra of Flames, or Anger...if you're willing to permanently reserve 50% of your Mana)

2. A 6-link armour with BBBBGR sockets (which happens to be the colouring recommended in the origibal guide).

3. Enough currency to invest in 20/20 (or better) gems of the following type:

Blade Vortex + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Physical to Lightning + Concentrated Effect + Iron Will

This setup has proven to yield the the highest possible combined BV damage (more than 100k DPS) and the highest median lightning damagemore than 15k per hit which is good enough to shock monsters with a health pool of 300k+. Because shocking monsters without Vessel of Vintar or Vaal Lightning Trap is the whole point of the exercise.

Otherwise you might as well stick to the original guide and you can't go wrong either, you might need a few more seconds to take down a boss without shock but this ain't the end of the world... and if you do a unique Courtyard map you'll get a nice free flask that shocks just as well (if not better, because Vessel of Vinktar doesn't give a flying f*ck about a target's health pool ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 28, 2016, 7:43:42 PM
Stacked - Full Buff - No Atziri Flask

Stacked - Full Buff - Atziri Flask

All gems 19-20/20

Blade Vortex - Added Fire + Spell Echo + Increased Aoe + Physical to Lightning + Controlled Destruction

Only drawback is no savage proc from doedre.

Damage when savage procs is around 26-27k with Atziris, 21-22k without Atziris.

Bonus

Fire Burst - Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect + Chance to Ignite*

*Been messing around with a couple options, I like my Blade Vortex for clearing packs and Fire Burst for the big guys, I feel running Conc on BV will make it harder to dodge some attacks, and we just want to proc Fire Burst as much as possible. That said, I will probably switch Ignite to Iron Will.

Goin to have to delay content for lab's with tabula, until I can figure out the fix for the "Unexpected Disconnection" error, I can't even go through a lab since I get dropped every 1-5 minutes.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 28, 2016, 11:19:49 PM
This build is aboslutely hilarious! Thanks for this!
This is Major Tom to ground control.
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
This build is aboslutely hilarious! Thanks for this!

Yeah I've been watching a bunch of new build ideas, and they do things like Maze, and Abyss.

I'm sitting here watching these thinking "Well I just got done doing a Two Boss Abyss without even dropping health".

It's hard for me to like a build, it's easy for me to notice early on if I'm going to hate a build solely because I don't like the playstyle...

Essence Drain - Fucking boring
Flameblast - No danger = no fun
Totem - Shoot me now

Then I hit cyclone last season, I fkn LOVED it. The fast pace, in your face, constant run and gun playstyle.

This build is just like cyclone in that respect, don't think I'll need to make another build this season. And the rate that this community is finding new variations and items/stats, we will have a way to kill shaper consistently, and very soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info