[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

How do you solve a problem with lags? Every breach i have freeze for 10-30 sec and that on 970 gtx.
"
imoogle wrote:
"
"
imoogle wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve on boss killing/facetanking guardians easily? Now what else would I need besides a 6L Carcass?

As much health as you can get, 135-140 resists in merc.

Switch culling strike for fortify on your razor (You can vaal culling strike implicit)

Need 20/20 gems.

Okay ill switch out culling for fortify and hope to eventually get the culling strike implicit
I know I need 20/20 gems, will get those eventually
I just want to know if my Skill tree is okay and if I have the correct gems socketed for maximum dps for the BV version of this build
Also if my flasks are good? I'm running basalt, doedre, vinktar, staunching life flask, and silver. I've seen people say to use Zerphi's? Should I use that?

You'll have more than enough dps, looks good to me. Damage is determined by how fast we can pump out scepter procs. Only recently have we been trying to develop shock into BV.

Potions are preference, doedre is nice because you can proc a savage hit anytime you please, as long as you didn't take the chaos resists in purity of flesh.

Vinktar is always good, I'm just not a fan of the lack of charges.

Zerphi's gives us healing in situations where leech/regen won't work.

A lot of this build is flexible so don't be scared to try different combo's in your CWDT.
"
dasfrenk wrote:
So I've hit a bit of a wall at level 51. Everything hits so hard and my 2x Ancestral Warchiefs, Earthquake, and CWDT Firestorm/Flamability just aren't cutting it anymore. Also, Eye of Innocence is 70 chaos and Essence of Hysteria are 50 chaos each!

What do?!

i play with bv from 28 lvl, dont have problem with any act after taking berserk passives. Esterday buy Eye of Innocence for 20c, just check poetrade and wait. Essence of Hysteria not so needen i play sceptre wo that skill and feel good at 5-8 maps at lvl 80.
"
Arp0 wrote:
"
dasfrenk wrote:
So I've hit a bit of a wall at level 51. Everything hits so hard and my 2x Ancestral Warchiefs, Earthquake, and CWDT Firestorm/Flamability just aren't cutting it anymore. Also, Eye of Innocence is 70 chaos and Essence of Hysteria are 50 chaos each!

What do?!

i play with bv from 28 lvl, dont have problem with any act after taking berserk passives. Esterday buy Eye of Innocence for 20c, just check poetrade and wait. Essence of Hysteria not so needen i play sceptre wo that skill and feel good at 5-8 maps at lvl 80.

The build is built entirely around the scepter with hysteria. You might be able to do away with the helmet if currency is an issue.

That would also explain why lag causes issues for you.
"
Arp0 wrote:
Essence of Hysteria not so needen i play sceptre wo that skill and feel good at 5-8 maps at lvl 80.

"
I'll probably switch My CWDT 1 to Ice Nova, and switch Arc with Shock nova in my CWDT 20

Remember this: Shock Nova has a "dead zone" in which monsters take no hit/damage so using Shock Nova requires very good positioning skills where we depend on our high level CWDT most, at bosses. We can't afford to fire "blanks" there while it's no big deal if we miss out on the odd monster in a mob.

"
Switch culling strike for fortify on your razor

Why not Culling Strike for Faster Attacks at bosses? Same colour and once the map is cleared we don't really need the speed any more (quality on Culling Strike increases AS). And you still get the Fortify buff where you need it most, at bosses. ;)
"
Arp0 wrote:
Essence of Hysteria not so needen i play sceptre wo that skill and feel good at 5-8 maps at lvl 80.

Hysteria sceptre is absolutely essential. You can get away without a Hysteria helmet for a while if you're using Chance to Ignite gems in your helmet and boots. Lose Flamaabilty until you can afford the second Hysteria for the helmet. This might have a slight impact on you kill speed but the curse isn't a vital necessity until late game. Pretty much the same goes for Arctic Armour, the choice is your's but I'would opt for the defensive variant and keep AA.

Replace increased Burning Damage in your Belly with Iron Will. Refund the Holy Fire ring in your skill tree and invest in more life. We take a bit of Burning Damage as a bonus but we certainly do not focus on increasing it.

As for your lags, kiss that Vortex gem of yours Good-Bye and matters shall improve greatly.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 6:54:02 AM
"
imoogle wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my character and tell me what I can do to improve on boss killing/facetanking guardians easily? Now what else would I need besides a 6L Carcass?

I have the taming+emberwake, is my CWDT setups all good? are the 6 gems in my tabula good or could i be using better gems (besides level 20 gems, which ill get it there eventually)? is my skill tree okay, should I have gotten elemental overload + the 45% skill duration instead of rushing towards Bloodless? thanks for clearing up all my questions!

First of all, we don't need 6 links at all, in fact, quite a few people around here play this build exclusively with Kaom's Heart which has no sockets as all... slightly slower clear speed but the highest degree of tankiness everywhere. And why Carcass Jack? It's a choice for glass cannon builds. ;)

And a Tabula is absolutely good for nothing, CrispieD choose Tabula Rasa for lawls, to showcase a low cost build, and if you watch the video closely you will see that his life pool at most boss fights is far beyond anything possible with Tabula Rasa because he is using either Kaom's Heart or The Rat Cage with VMS. And speaking of "low cost" a 5L Belly doesn't cost that much more than Tabula Rasa and will go a loooong way, heck, even 4 links will do (BV+SE+AoE+CtI for clearing or BV+SE+CE+CD at bosses). This build depends on survivability only and the body armour is where we get the most of it, the damage is always good once we have the Hysteria sceptre, this is our killer, not the rubbish gems we fiddle around with in our body armour.

Now to the skill tree, Elemental Overload is a real biggie, two skill points well spend (or three skill points if you have Avatar of Fire and Purity of Flesh). Even though we don't have much in terms of crit chance, with BV or Spark we keep EO up pretty much all the time and thus deal 40% more damage. Increased skill duration on the other hand only keeps them blades spinning or the sparks buzzing around a bit longer while it has no effect on Ignite duration nor does it prolong the Fortify buff. So I don't consider these three skill points vital for this build... nice to have but so is % to maximum Life, it's a matter of personal preferences.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 8:30:24 AM
I've been looking at some of the recent comments to the build, and honestly, I'm kinda confused about what I should do, as most of the setups listed here are completely different from the build. Could the OP post some of the main variants to the build somewhere? Or did the OP already do it?

I guess my main questions are:

1) Avatar of Fire? (If no, should I screw the breath of flames cluster?)

2) Tabula Rasa? (If I go belly, wouldn't the colours be a nightmare?)

3) What gem setup should I use for the BV chest links?

4) What the hell is the "shock version"?

Could you guys look at my gear + skilltree and make suggestions?

Gear:

Spoiler

Skilltree:

Last edited by Fire309 on Dec 27, 2016, 10:07:43 AM
"
Fire309 wrote:
I've been looking at some of the recent comments to the build, and honestly, I'm kinda confused about what I should do, as most of the setups listed here are completely different from the build. Could the OP post some of the main variants to the build somewhere? Or did the OP already do it?

I guess my main questions are:

1) Avatar of Fire? (If no, should I screw the breath of flames cluster?)

2) Tabula Rasa? (If I go belly, wouldn't the colours be a nightmare?)

3) What gem setup should I use for the BV chest links?

4) What the hell is the "shock version"?

Could you guys look at my gear + skilltree and make suggestions?

Gear:

Spoiler

Skilltree:

The version from the OP, especially the latest build guide video, is perfectly viable and can be followed verbatim without concern. As it turns out there's a lot of flexibility in the build, as the two essential features are: (1) Proccing CWDTs often and (2) Using Berserker leech to survive anything that isn't a one-shot or a massive degen. The Eye+Ignites or Heartbound loops+Summon Skeletons take care of the first point, and as long as you've got 2 damage spells in a high-level CWDT setup you should be fine on the second once you've got those first 4 ascendancy points. Everything else, such as the skill gems and gear, have thus far proven to be just gravy once you've got those things. The BV in setup in the chest is mostly there to generate a lot of extra hits without sacrificing much mobility; its damage isn't particularly great without the Sceptre procs it helps generates. So the last ten pages of the thread or so has been dedicated to theorycrafting on what sort of variations might eek out slightly more performance, or just might satisfy certain player preferences. Examples: double curse? No Avatar of Fire? Can we reliably get shock against bosses or at least rares without Vinktar's? Can we reliably freeze non-bosses?

As has been said, if the cost of Hysterias is getting to you, consider the sceptre essential to running the build and the helm and eye as (currently) recommended but not strictly required. I'm not really having any issues running T15 maps with the 90% chance to avoid ignite mod, and eye+helm+razor (and +mokou's/taming/emberwake, to some extent) are all optimized around making it easy to ignite enemies, which that mod basically ruins. It's slower, for sure, but not exceptionally so in my opinion. Focus on generating lots of hits to proc your sceptre's Fire Burst and using a high level CWDT setup for backup leech and utility, and you should be pretty solid.
I have adjusted my skill tree, refunding both Arcane Chemistry (skill duration) and Breath of Flames and investing in Profane Chemistry, the socket below and the socket left from Tireless. I now have 8.6k HP with Belly, 9.9K with Kaom's Heart.

I just soloed twinned Piety (T15 shaped Malformation - EE, Extra Damage, Extra Life) in two-ppl party. In less than a minute it was all over, full AFK with Kaom's & Purity of Lightning.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 27, 2016, 12:50:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info