[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I wouldn't use Abberath's Hooves at a lower level anyway. Decent life/str boots will give you a ton of health and clear speed will not suffer much either.

For example,

equals 420 life in my case.
Last edited by tomay on May 3, 2017, 10:07:49 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
While getting 7k+ hp at lvl 81 may be stretching it a bit, you should easily be making in the higher 6k range. Other than that I agree with Tomay's post above.

I'm currently at 8.2k hp at lvl 94, and I just don't die to general mobs in maps like ever. Poorjoy, I can clear just by walking through it. Haven't had any issues up to T16 with mobs. Bosses can still oneshot you e.g. T14 Maze map boss slam, or kill you due to reflect T14 promendade map boss thorns. You just can't tank anything in the game....we're not a 20k+ CI build.

tldr: get life, right flask, and don't go mindlessly facetank all bosses.

/edit: doesn't help that ur character tab is private, so we can't help you out there.

Hey Fritso; thanks for the feedback! I turned off privacy; the character is FlarpyMcAutoSplats. I think the issue is another 500-1000 life wouldn't have saved me from recent deaths that happened in a split second (such as excessive blood stacks or multiple exploding purples where you can't see 'em -- don't get me wrong, I run through them anticipating all purples are going to do that - but the last time I was in a breach and they came in from the edge and I couldn't visually see a thing LOL).

Bosses never kill me; it's always trash/blue/purple combinations (blood/volatile/delayed explosions one can't see) - I admit, I was running reflect maps as well when I shouldn't have (but I was able to do most of them! LOL).

I do really like the character and play style; perhaps I'm underrating what 500-1000 more life would give me. I could pick up a 6L chestpiece with life on it as well (as a temporary until I get the BoTB 6L). Then again a 5L BoTB is just 26-30c. I really do like the boots though; don't want to lose those :)

IMO the key issue with this build is the lag/latency. I've crashed my server instance multiple times (usually due to a Zerg breach). Wish there was a way to better handle this; if I do lower level maps, I can kill fast enough to not cause the 100+ mobs on the screen to kill the instance -- but higher maps (~T8+) I just can't kill a zerg breach fast enough and the instance almost always crashes -- even though I can survive it.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on May 3, 2017, 3:03:55 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
While getting 7k+ hp at lvl 81 may be stretching it a bit, you should easily be making in the higher 6k range. Other than that I agree with Tomay's post above.

I'm currently at 8.2k hp at lvl 94, and I just don't die to general mobs in maps like ever. Poorjoy, I can clear just by walking through it. Haven't had any issues up to T16 with mobs. Bosses can still oneshot you e.g. T14 Maze map boss slam, or kill you due to reflect T14 promendade map boss thorns. You just can't tank anything in the game....we're not a 20k+ CI build.

tldr: get life, right flask, and don't go mindlessly facetank all bosses.

/edit: doesn't help that ur character tab is private, so we can't help you out there.

Hey Fritso; thanks for the feedback! I turned off privacy; the character is FlarpyMcAutoSplats. I think the issue is another 500-1000 life wouldn't have saved me from recent deaths that happened in a split second (such as excessive blood stacks or multiple exploding purples where you can't see 'em -- don't get me wrong, I run through them anticipating all purples are going to do that - but the last time I was in a breach and they came in from the edge and I couldn't visually see a thing LOL).

Bosses never kill me; it's always trash/blue/purple combinations (blood/volatile/delayed explosions one can't see) - I admit, I was running reflect maps as well when I shouldn't have (but I was able to do most of them! LOL).

I do really like the character and play style; perhaps I'm underrating what 500-1000 more life would give me. I could pick up a 6L chestpiece with life on it as well (as a temporary until I get the BoTB 6L). Then again a 5L BoTB is just 26-30c. I really do like the boots though; don't want to lose those :)

IMO the key issue with this build is the lag/latency. I've crashed my server instance multiple times (usually due to a Zerg breach). Wish there was a way to better handle this; if I do lower level maps, I can kill fast enough to not cause the 100+ mobs on the screen to kill the instance -- but higher maps (~T8+) I just can't kill a zerg breach fast enough and the instance almost always crashes -- even though I can survive it.

Yeah, I see the lag issue. You are using emberwake+taming. All that ignite stacking f*cks up the fps a lot! Especially with many monsters. Just run with Mokou's Embrace, and an Opal/or cheaper ring with life/res. Better for clearspeed, lag, and life. Emberwake Taming only worth it on bosses where you can stack ignites.

As far as extra life goes: Extra 70 from ring, easy 120 from body armor, extra 30/40 on belt, extra 15 on gloves. So that's an extra close to 250 flat life! which would equal somewhere between 750-1k extra. And that is without any additional Strength rolls on em. Remember every 10str gives another 5 flat life.

Lemme know how the lag works out for you without the use of emberwake/taming.

/edit: definately don't loose the boots. You can easily get enough life with those, as shown by my stats.
Last edited by Fritso on May 3, 2017, 3:57:10 PM
Well, I did some min-maxing for my build. Nothing expensive, but wanted to get life up more. With my new gear, and some resist craft tweaking I now have 167 all res, which means:

This thing now gives me 20% penetration for all resistances, and 10% reduced damage taken from all elements. Pretty sweet! Ofc that meant not using the Dying Sun, so will be testing what I like best. Wise oak is a lot cheaper, and niec for ele reflect maps. It allows me to easily run maps with ele weakness + ele reflect.

Still lvl 94, but my max life went from 8.170 to 8.476

New gear:
Currently at level 44 following this guide. Any tips on what I should link Ancestral Warchief with? Using a Tabula at the moment.
"
Reikwon wrote:
Currently at level 44 following this guide. Any tips on what I should link Ancestral Warchief with? Using a Tabula at the moment.

AW+MeleePhys+MeleeOnFull+FireDam+Faster+AoE. Switch AoE for Concentrated for bosses.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on May 3, 2017, 9:46:31 PM
Still enjoying this build more and more while experimenting my ass off :-)

1. Recommended change to increase clear speed: remove Inc AOE gem from blasphemy setup, since it's total crap after AOE nerfs. Replace with Herald of Thunder. Herald procs all the time, and it allows you to initiate the Fire Burst procs on packs that are away from you, or out of reach (behing wall, ledge, fence, etc). For me it has increased my clearspeed quite well.

2. For people struggling with survivability while mapping, people that just want to be more tanky, or people that don't have the currency to get a fire burst sceptre that has fire damage to spells, there is an alternative way to set up your gear so you get more life, and the fire damage to spells. Basically drop Mokou's Embrace, and replace it for:

Because this ring also get's you life for every ignite, you can also drop Razor of the 7th Sun, and switch it in for a shield. I'm using the one below which has high life, nice damage, some res, and 20% reduced DoT which helps with bleed buildup.

This shield gives me an extra 500 life, but can be expensive. A great alternative would be the buffed up Lioneye's Remorse shield which goes up to 180 flat life, has high armor, and a solid 30% block. That will give you a very high health boost! For me it's an extra 800-ish life just from a damn shield. That's insane!

Now do realize that you're damage will go down due to no longer receiving the being ignited bonus. But if you keep dying on an 'AFK' build, damage is kinda worthless. So it's solid for lvling, and being a lot more tanky/afk-able. I've quite extensively tested both setups with/without my shield, and while there is a noticable drop in damage, it does by no means hinder my clear speed significantly.

Well, just some food for thought. Hope it can help someone out. Though my posts will probably be burried a couple pages deep pretty soon...unless the OP does something with this info ;-)

I have one question, could not find it in guide:

Why no Avatar of fire with Abberath's ?
Nothing to do with Abberath's I suppose. Just a general overhaul of the tree without Avatar (requires flat fire damage to spells on the scepter) and Purity of Flesh (so we can make use of Doedre's Elixir).

Tip: use an Essence of Greed on your 6L chest... this will get you a LOT more HP on the cheap.
Last edited by tomay on May 4, 2017, 7:54:49 PM
Finally hit 68 following this guide, but i'm confused on how/where am I suppose to get the required dexterity to equip some of the gear and gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info