[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Mooginator wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
While getting 7k+ hp at lvl 81 may be stretching it a bit, you should easily be making in the higher 6k range. Other than that I agree with Tomay's post above.

I'm currently at 8.2k hp at lvl 94, and I just don't die to general mobs in maps like ever. Poorjoy, I can clear just by walking through it. Haven't had any issues up to T16 with mobs. Bosses can still oneshot you e.g. T14 Maze map boss slam, or kill you due to reflect T14 promendade map boss thorns. You just can't tank anything in the game....we're not a 20k+ CI build.

tldr: get life, right flask, and don't go mindlessly facetank all bosses.

/edit: doesn't help that ur character tab is private, so we can't help you out there.

Hey Fritso; thanks for the feedback! I turned off privacy; the character is FlarpyMcAutoSplats. I think the issue is another 500-1000 life wouldn't have saved me from recent deaths that happened in a split second (such as excessive blood stacks or multiple exploding purples where you can't see 'em -- don't get me wrong, I run through them anticipating all purples are going to do that - but the last time I was in a breach and they came in from the edge and I couldn't visually see a thing LOL).

Bosses never kill me; it's always trash/blue/purple combinations (blood/volatile/delayed explosions one can't see) - I admit, I was running reflect maps as well when I shouldn't have (but I was able to do most of them! LOL).

I do really like the character and play style; perhaps I'm underrating what 500-1000 more life would give me. I could pick up a 6L chestpiece with life on it as well (as a temporary until I get the BoTB 6L). Then again a 5L BoTB is just 26-30c. I really do like the boots though; don't want to lose those :)

IMO the key issue with this build is the lag/latency. I've crashed my server instance multiple times (usually due to a Zerg breach). Wish there was a way to better handle this; if I do lower level maps, I can kill fast enough to not cause the 100+ mobs on the screen to kill the instance -- but higher maps (~T8+) I just can't kill a zerg breach fast enough and the instance almost always crashes -- even though I can survive it.

I recommend you to watch the in depth video about life and "why do I die" and then come back for more specific questioning and have done the suggested things in the video. Leveling is by far the most important of those things.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
Reikwon wrote:
Finally hit 68 following this guide, but i'm confused on how/where am I suppose to get the required dexterity to equip some of the gear and gems?

From tree, but if you dont have enough from it you can compensate on gear. This is mentioned on the build guide for AFK gone Cheap.
Thanks for the build and the videos ! I'm the happy owner of both Abberath's Hooves and a Kaom's Heart (dropped them) so I'm testing this, and now I have a stupid question...

Why is everybody using Essence of Hysteria on an Opal Sceptre ? A ItemLevel 84 Opal Sceptre is about 1ex (as of today in Legacy league), and... A ItemLevel 84 Void Sceptre is only 1c. Both of them have +40% Elemental Damage, so, am I missing something ?
Lower level requirement is all.
Tried Minotour, and Phoenix AFK today.

Phoenix was a non issue with 9.7k life, purity of fire, Rise of the Phoenix, Enfeeble, AA.

Minotaur was being an ass. 10.5k life, enfeeble, AA, Blind. His digging attack oneshot me everytime. As soon as he stopped that, the AFK was easy. But he first oneshot me 4 times with that darn digging attack. Also, the 100% inc aoe mod on the map didn't help in avoiding that :-)

Anyone tried AFK for Hydra, and Chimera? Any tips/strategy to that?
Last edited by Fritso on May 8, 2017, 2:16:21 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
Tried Minotour, and Phoenix AFK today.

Phoenix was a non issue with 9.7k life, purity of fire, Rise of the Phoenix, Enfeeble, AA.

Minotaur was being an ass. 10.5k life, enfeeble, AA, Blind. His digging attack oneshot me everytime. As soon as he stopped that, the AFK was easy. But he first oneshot me 4 times with that darn digging attack. Also, the 100% inc aoe mod on the map didn't help in avoiding that :-)

Anyone tried AFK for Hydra, and Chimera? Any tips/strategy to that?

To avoid the diving attack, stand next to minotaur at all times. When first walking in, keep on moving if he dives to avoid getting hit. Then just stand next to him till he dies. If you haven't, watch the in depth video about the afking. I used high lvl cwdt spells. If he has damage mods from the maps, afking might be harder or impossible.

As for hydra and chimera, they can't be afked. I killed them easily with VRF. Just bring a few with you and load them all up. I bring up to 4 with me.
Level 89. The build is awesome. Only things that kill me are: 1) Not paying attention to exploding groups; 2) Volatiles that sneak up, and 3) Chaos Damage.

Any way to negate Chaos damage with this build other than switching to CI/Shavs?
All that and a bag of chips!
"
Mooginator wrote:
Level 89. The build is awesome. Only things that kill me are: 1) Not paying attention to exploding groups; 2) Volatiles that sneak up, and 3) Chaos Damage.

Any way to negate Chaos damage with this build other than switching to CI/Shavs?

Where are you dying to chaos damage? Just random mob packs?
If that is the case, just make sure you always press your Doedre's Elixer for 4 second of 100% leech when entering the pack.

Taking chaos damage resist would just screw with that flask, thus our survivability. And this build is not possible as CI/low life, because Cloaked in Savagery Ascendancy doesn't work with ES.
Hi guys,

Have been lucky enough to drop a pair of Abberath's Hooves, I was looking for a build that uses it, and here I am :)

if I understand correctly, the build first version was 'cheap' then the abberath's version was added and is more expensive ?

Currently have about 4ex in stash, already have abberath's hooves.
will it be ok to get all needed other stuff ?

I've been checking some stuff and it looks like that the expensive stuff is : abberath / 6L belly / essence ?

Don't have a 6L belly ftm, but until I can afford it I can use a 6L with Deafening Essence of Greed ?

I never use essence before (yeah sorry :) ), how does it work ? Does it just add a prefix/ suffix if available, or random all other stats too ?

Thanks for your answers !
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys,

Have been lucky enough to drop a pair of Abberath's Hooves, I was looking for a build that uses it, and here I am :)

if I understand correctly, the build first version was 'cheap' then the abberath's version was added and is more expensive ?

Currently have about 4ex in stash, already have abberath's hooves.
will it be ok to get all needed other stuff ?

I've been checking some stuff and it looks like that the expensive stuff is : abberath / 6L belly / essence ?

Don't have a 6L belly ftm, but until I can afford it I can use a 6L with Deafening Essence of Greed ?

I never use essence before (yeah sorry :) ), how does it work ? Does it just add a prefix/ suffix if available, or random all other stats too ?

Thanks for your answers !

Abbarath's version is more expensive, correct. 4 ex is a good amount to go for. When using deafening essence of greed it will make ur item rare with the life mod on the essence + some other random mods. Just buy a white 6l chest with colours that make your colouring easy. Same goes for vaal rf chestplate, you can just buy a 5-6l es or es/armour chest and craft with the essence.

Essence of hysteria costs 22c per try on helmet and sceptre. You might need some tries on the sceptre. The rest of the gear is relatively cheap depending on how perfect you want it (jewels can be expensive if you go for insane mods).

Best of luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info